Aroma Suites

Based on 281 reviews
Travelocity Booking.com

Here's the man - Fanes

by written on June 13, 2007

This is the man to see for a room in Santorini. Not only does he offer the luxury rooms at the Aroma Suites and the Nonis Apartments, but he also has rooms available for those traveling on a budget at the Louiza Apartments.

The Louiza apartments are not on the Caldera so their rates are much lower. Also they have a pool for your use. Many VTers stayed at the Louiza's Apartments during the VT meeting. We also had VTers for neighbors at the Aroma Suites and the Nonis Apartments.

Unique Quality: We talked with Fanes each day. He asked us what are plans were, where we planned to eat, what activities did we want to do. If we mentioned a restaurant he would give his advice. On several occasions he told us "You really don't want to go to that restaurant." and he would suggest an alternative. And I have to admit that his advice was perfect each time. Thanks once more.

littlesam1's Profile Photo

Pictures can not capture the charm of the rooms

by written on June 12, 2007

I know that in my previous tip about the Aroma Suites I went on a rant about how wonderful this place was and how beautiful it was inside. These pictures in no way begin to reflect what we saw in the room. I give the Aroma Suites my highest recommendations.

Rooms in a cave

by written on June 12, 2007

Aroma Suites was one of the hotels recommended by Galatea and Janet for the VT Euromeeting in June 2007. I followed the link they provided and requested a reservation. I received a reply the same day from Fanes, the owner of Aroma Suites. To my dismay the hotel had no available rooms but Fanes said he had another hotel just a few meters away from Aroma Suites that was just as nice. It was called the Nonis Apartments. So I accepted the substitute although my heart had been set on the Aroma Suites after seeing the pictures on the web page.

Fanes arranged to pick us up at the airport the day we arrived. He apologized to us and said that there was a problem with our room at the Nonis Apartments and he would have to move us to the Aroma Suites for two or three days. I was thrilled. No need for an apology as far as I was concerned.

Unique Quality: The Aroma Suites has six guest rooms. The room I had was a cave room. The room was built into the side of the cliff overlooking the Caldera. The room had many stone accents. The bed was on a stone support. The bathroom which is pictured in my next tip had a shower that appeared to be carved out of stone. This was truely one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever stayed in while on vacation. The view from the room and the balcony were breath taking. I could sit on the deck at the large table with the umbrella and watch the cruise boats enter and leave the harbor. I could see the volcano on the next island. Words can not describe the experience.

Fanes was the perfect host. He arranged for our transport to the airport. He spoke with us daily and offered suggestions on where to eat. A perfect gentleman and great host.

Nearby Aroma Suites

• Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Fira Travel Forum

Need advice about Fira, Greece? Visit the Travel Forum for Fira and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Fira hotel reviews

Sunset in Fira
Viewing Firostefani
Fira - The Orthodox Cathedral
Things to Do
Watch for the cruise boats
Just enjoy the view
Nice little crepe place
the Beach at Perissa
Local buses are fantastic
Transportation
At the top of the Caldera
Restaurants
Irish Bar in Santorini...
Nightlife