P.O.BOX 37, Firostefani, Santorini, 84700, Greece

Costs 339% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Dana Villas

Dana Villas - Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member IDRMOF

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Dana Villas we booked it through Kivotos of Aegean Travel and it was absolutely wonderful. Totally beyond all our expectations! The views are outstanding, the room was large, immaculate and had everything we needed. The jacuzzi tub was big enough for the two of us and great to soak in after walking all day! The service there is excellent. Everyone is very friendly and will help you make any arrangements you need. Our package included dinner, a personal tour of the island, massage for each of us ( Thank you Angeliki - you were terrific!!!!) and a sunset cruise. All of it was exceptional!!! Thank you Dana Villas and Kivotos of Aegean for making our honeymoon a dream come true!!!!

Great view in Santorini

by ChristinaGH about Dana Villas

One of the most spectacular hotel views I've ever seen. Great little traditional greek houses...with kitchenette inside. Great little restaurant by the pool! Get ready to walk! Santorini is on the caldera of a volcano, so to get to and from your room, you have to climb up and down a lot of stairs! great view, pool, restaurant staff, older rooms but with tons of character!

I wish I was watching the sunset from the balcony at dana villas

by TripAdvisor Member kalola

Just got back We loved Dana Villas great location about a 5 to 10 minute walk to Fira. There is a mini market close by. If you want to go to Oia the bus is very close by .We had Room 113 it had a loft the bed was upstairs The view from the balcony was incredible. The staff very friendly Breakfasts were good Dana Villas has a jacuzzi with a great view and not too hot . Would stay there again in a hearbeat.

Wonderful views

The view from Dana Villas was exceptional -- totally breathtaking! Physically, it's also a lovely hotel.
The staff was very helpful in giving tips of what to do, how to get there and when to go.
Our room unfortunately was the farthest one from the top (No. 138) so it was definitely a workout going up and down those stars (nearly 200). SO, if you have any types of knee issues or physicial limitations this hotel would not be good for you.
The room was nice, although the bed was a bit small.

Stairway to Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member trippingmeout

My 2 friends and I stayed at the Dana Villas for 5 incredible nights. We were already aware of the MANY steps before hand, but we were not prepared for this stairway to heaven.

Dana Villas took our breathe away in every sense! We were fortunate enough to have been upgraded to an amazing room. There was plenty of room for the 3 of us girls in this gorgeous suite with a living room, 2 bathrooms (one with a jacuzzi), and a bedroom with a large bed (I think we were in room 128). The best part was our private balcony with a sea/volcano view. We spent many mesmerizing hours there. Everything was immaculately clean and a feast for all your senses.

We booked directly with the hotel through e-mail. Demetris was always prompt to reply to my many questions before booking. He was such a great help. He even arranged for our transfers to and from the hotel. Upon our arrival at the airport, there was a man holding a sign with my name on it. It was great not having to worry about how to get to the hotel.

Leonardo and Nikos took our 3 large and heavy luggages to and from our rooms so you don't have to worry about carrying them. The entire staff from the reception desks to housekeeping were absolutely great. However, Maria, at the poolside restaurant was EXCEPTIONALLY WONDERFUL! She was very friendly, helpful, and called us by name with a smile each day. She truly made us feel quite special.

Dana Villas is definitely the place to stay. Santorini is not the place to compromise on accomodations. Dana Villas has the best location, accomodations, and staff. It was worth every Euro! It was heaven on earth.

Espectacular and charming

by TripAdvisor Member Omar1

My husband and myself stayed at Dana Villas for three nights during the end of April 2006. It is the most beautiful hotel/villa we have ever stayed at. When you walk down the stairs you can experience the most incredible view you can ever imagine. Every villa at Dana has views to the caldera. The rooms are so charming and with the incredible view you want to stay in the whole day. The staff is friendly and warm. It is centrally located, you can walk to downtown. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants to have a romantic and unforgettable vacation.

Like paradise

by TripAdvisor Member Lasa��a

I stayed in Dana Villas for four days, the first week of may, and my experience there was excellent. The views are terrific from every room in the hotel, the staff was very friendly and helpful and everything was clean. Breakfast was good and the athmosphere was relaxing. Viewing the sunset from my balcony was one of the best moments in my life (no doubt). Of course, you have lots of steps to go down to your room and to go up to the reception and to the main street... but... have you tried the rest of hotels in Fira, Oia, Firostefani and Imerovigli? I don't mind making step exercise if the reward is so high.

Experience of a Lifetime!

We gave our mother a dream trip to Greece, and it was very important to us that we carefully select the hotel in Santorini, as we wanted to experience the best views possible. After our own research that included the personal accounts posted on Trip Advisor, we selected the Dana Villas. Our experience was far better than we had even hoped for! The management and staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, and the views from our private balcony were second to none. We had read that many places in Santorini have plumbing problems, but the updated bathrooms were in excellent condition. Based on one person's very thorough review, we requested room number 105 as it was close to the top, thus, having less steps for our mother to negotiate. It should be noted that there are still a substantial number of steps to get to the reception level, but the advantage was that this hotel was farther from the street noise. In fact, the only noises we could hear were birds! The quiet and "zen-like" peace we had throughout our stay was a surprise (no construction or loud guests), and the views from our balcony were so perfect that we enjoyed breakfast and happy hour each day from our spot! We highly recommend this hotel, and for those who can manage a very "cozy" room, the number 105 has two windows, a truly private balcony (not all are) and it's own sidewalk. The Dana Villas were the best part of our fabulous time in Santorini!

A Little Bit of Heaver

by TripAdvisor Member araxas

Being one who has traveled the world over, my 3 night stay at the Dana Villas on Santorini had to be one of the most wonderfull experiences my wife and I have had. From the exceptional professionalism of their staff to the incredible views from the cliff-side villas overlooking the Caldera it was 5 star all the way. The Dana offers a location that is off the main drag a bit on the cliffs which provided the solitude and ambiance that I expected in this most beautiful of locations, yet we were just minutes from the shops and restaurants which make this Island location of the most visited in Greece. The reception staff facilitated a car rental, and all that was needed to motivate us to explore off the beaten path. The breakfast buffet was great, as was the kitchen crew who met us every morning with a smile and couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome. All was great - and I recommend this hotel experience if you truly want a great experience. We'll be returning withiout a doubt!

Great View & Staff - Below Average Room

by TripAdvisor Member Dantheman066

We stayed at Dana Villas three nights in room 138, and not without problems. First there was the "no water" issue. That's right - no water - not even a trickle for our first night. Several staff members made an attempt to correct the problem - unsuccessfully. We were ready to check out, but decided that we should give them a chance to either correct the problem or put us in another room. No offer was made, so we stayed the night without water! Next morning, management found someone who was able to correct the problem. Then there was the room itself, which was suppose to be a junior suite. The bedroom side could barely accommodate the bed, let alone 2 people. The wall of the "jr. suite" needs to be knocked down and made into one acceptable size room, get rid of the kitchen (who cooks while on vacation?), and add some closet storage. Additionally, the divided bath (shower & laboratory on one side of the room, toilet & laboratory on the other side) was so dark that we could not see to comb our hair. The shower was either stained or had mold on the walls (couldn't see). The private balcony, with the most beautiful view in the world, was spectacular - as was the attitude of the staff members. All were friendly and helpful. Also, the breakfast was good. However, some accommodation should have been made for not having water for one third of our 3-night stay. I can not speak for the condition of other rooms, but this hotel came highly recommended, and we felt like we were in a Motel 6! Don't stay in room 138.

room at Dana Villasroom at Dana Villas