Volcano View Villas

Costs 314% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Volcano View Villas

Jannetanne, our host THE BESTJannetanne, our host THE BEST

VT Group Pic - Euromeet2007VT Group Pic - Euromeet2007

Look - there's me in the rearview mirror!Look - there's me in the rearview mirror!

Orthodox Cathedral, Fira (Entrance)Orthodox Cathedral, Fira (Entrance)

help me find this hotel

by zeemoon79

hello all, I hope you can help me in this quest of finding a hotel that my friend went to and loved so much but can't remember the name... the only thing I can tell you is that the room has a ladder that you climb to get to the bed and apparently for breakfast they serve hot bread with butter and jam, orange juice and coffee, it has a beautiful view of the volcanic island... I don't know just trying my luck maybe someone can help me, thanks a lot!!

Help me find this hotel

by Confucius

The island's name is Santorini. That should help.

RE: help me find this hotel

by worldinabag

Yes it sound like Santorini. The very spectacular view is of the caldera, what's left after a volcano blew it up. The breakfast is typical of what is served. The room sounds like a loft type. I can't recall ever seeing one like this. Here is an example of lodging with a view. It may not be the same one but I'm sure you won't be disappointed - http://www.bluedolphins.gr

RE: help me find this hotel

by SWFC_Fan

I'm clutching at straws here, but it could be "Volcano View Hotel and Villas" in Fira.

There are several reviews here which mention the bedroom as being on a mezzanine floor above the living area and accessible by a steep ladder:

As its name suggests, it certainly has amazing views of the volcano.

Perhaps your friend could take a look at this website to see if it's the correct place:

Good luck!!

RE: RE: help me find this hotel

by zeemoon79

thank you thank you thank you!!!! you all helped me so much!!!

Greece Island Hopping

by dcguy

Slowly piecing together my Greek honeymoon...

I'm planning to fly into Athens, then island-hop to Mykonos and Santorini. Anyone have any recommendation about tour packages/tour operators to the islands? I'm looking into Fantsy Travel, anyone have any insight into this group? Any input is appreciated.

RE: Greece Island Hopping

by TracyLB

Hi, a couple of years ago, we travelled to Athens and Santorini and used Fantasy Travel for our arrangement and they were awesome..We took the high speed ferry to Santorini and then flew back to Athens...We stayed at the Hotel Attalos (sp) in Athens and Volcano View Villas in Santorini...We loved it!! I would highly recommend Fantasy Travel..No problems whatsoever...

Travel Tips for Fira

Fira...a magical place

by Just_Jenny

"Fira"

We were staying in Firostefani, and if you don't mind the walk it's approximately 10-15 minutes along a busy cliff top foot path to the capital Fira. Which is well worth doing, It really does give you an amazing feel to the island with its white-washed buildings with brilliant blue roofs, plus fantastic views over the Caldera. There are steps along the way (and there are a few), some of which are worn making them slippery, so please be aware if you have difficulties walking.

Once you arrive in Fira, it's alive with people, people, people for a small place this truly attracts everyone! Its packed full of gift shops, clothes shops, restaurants, bakeries, cafe bars, nightclubs, and if you can afford the prices there are many jewellers!!

Most mornings were spent eating breakfast here from one of the many bakeries, and with a couple of Euros you can divine on many delights from pizza to varies cheese pies, cakes, and pastries and they all taste fantastic!!

Fira at night! Wow, this place is just as amazing at night as it is during the day, walking into Fira from Firostefani, can be a bit chilly in the evening even in the summer, as Santorini can be a windy island, so a light jacket or shawl would be a good idea. Unless you have someone to keep you warm ; )

Once there the you can enjoy the many shops that are open, enjoy a glass of wine in the many bars over-looking the Caldera, or even satisfy your taste buds with ice-cream or a sweet delight from a patisserie : )

Comments