Mykonos Town, Mykonos, 84600, Greece
Priceline.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Adonis Hotel

by Magnum_P.I. about Adonis Hotel

Adonis Hotel I found the rooms clean and comfortable. The roof garden, where they serve breakfast and cocktails, had a fantastic view of the Parthenon and Lycabettus Hill. The building was constructed in 1975. There are 28 rooms including a suite for four, and two single rooms. The rest are double and/or triple rooms with twin or double beds. All rooms have a balcony, telephone, private shower and toilet.

Mykonos

by lyntraveller

"My Shirley Valentine moment"

After Athens and mainland Greece, Crete, Naxos and Santorini, Mykonos was my last Greek Island before flying to Istanbul. I have to confess the main reason for choosing Mykonos was wanting a Shirley Valentine moment. I had chosen the Adonis hotel, an excellent choice, in a great location close to everything, clean and friendly. And when I got there I found out this Hotel is where the crew of the movie stayed! I went onto Google and found it was only 5kms from Agios Ioannis beach, where they filmed the movie. So I found out about the bus and went there for the sunset. The actual hotel where Shirley stayed (in the movie) was closed for the winter, but 'Kostas Bar' was open. The man asked me if I was there because of Shirley Valentine. I told him Yes, and said if I wanted it to be really authentic I should ask him to take a table down to the water as Shirley did. He raised his eyebrows and walked off, so I guess that's a No. However he was pleased to show me photos on the bar of Pauline Collins and Tom Conti making the movie. They must get a lot of middle aged women wanting their moment too. It was wonderful sitting there with a glass of white wine watching a magnificent sunset. I hired a quad bike for a day, and saw pretty much the whole island, and I have to say it's not an attractive island. Quite flat and barren actually, nothing to compare to Naxos. But most people go there for the night life and the beautiful beaches.

Budget Hotel in Athens

by bebegringa26

Hi, can anyone recommend a budget hotel in Athens? I've found a few online but the reviews from TripAdvisor are disturbing. I prefer to go to one that is recommended by VT.. Thanks a million!

by aegialichick

I've stayed at Hotel Tempi in Eolou street ... okay it's not 5 star, but it's clean, central, tv in room, nice reception staff (family hotel) don't have their tel no any more but just search and ye shall find

by starstudio

try and take a look right here. if you like something, feel free to ask me details.

(destination Athens Greece)

by mariakaptein

I went 4 times to Athens in winter and always stayed at the Adonis hotel.
It is on Kodrou street,at the end of Voulis street. It s in the car-free zone of Plaka, so not too much noise.If you come by bus(E95) from the airport,you can walk to the hotel.The rooms are clean and warm and the cost for a single room is /was 43 euro per night. You can phone them: 0030 210 3249737-8
Staff is very helpfull !!Have a good time !! maria

by SWFC_Fan

Hi

I've stayed in 3 budget hotels during various visits to Athens. I would recommend 2 of them and I would warn you to stay well clear of the other one!

1. As already suggested above, Hotel Tempi gets my vote. I really enjoyed staying at this pleasant little hotel. It is in a fabulous location - you can see the Acropolis from right outside the front door, and both Syntagma and Monastiraki squares are only a short walk away.

You can read my full review of the Tempi (and the other two hotels) here if you're interested:

Or, visit their website here:

2. With the Tempi fully booked for part of my stay (that has to be a good sign!), I moved to the Hotel Carolina just around the corner. This was slightly more expensive than the Tempi, but the room was more spacious and breakfast was served there. It didn't have the same intimate atmosphere as the Tempi, but it was still good value for money and I would happily recommend it.

You can see their website here:

3. On my most recent visit to Athens, I made the mistake of staying at Hotel Fivos, close to Monastiraki metro station. The location is superb, but that is the only redeeming feature of the hotel in my opinion. My room was dirty and ill-furnished and the shared bathroom facilities (a tiny little shower room) was nowhere near adequate for the number of rooms it served. I highly recommend giving Hotel Fivos a wide berth.

Enjoy your stay in Athens!

Best wishes,