Anemos

Costs 373% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Mykonos

Interior of seajet2Interior of seajet2

Paradise BeachParadise Beach

can I hear you sighing... ahhhhhcan I hear you sighing... ahhhhh

n'ammos cafe,next to restaurantn'ammos cafe,next to restaurant

Single traveller - advise needed!!

by longtalldee

Hi,
After much careful consideration, I've decided that Mykonos sounds the right place for me for my summer holiday this year. I'm a single, lady traveller who likes beautiful beaches, trendy sophisticated restaurants and night life and likes to let her hair down every now and again! I was thinking of staying near Paradise beach as I'm more of a day time party animal than dancing into the early hours of the morning. Can anyone advise a good place to stay. I'd like a nice clean room near to amenities bars, restaurants ect... Not bothered whether it has a pool, but a nice view from a terrace would be fab. Any help would be appreciated.
Will be travelling late June 2007 for 10-14 nights.

RE: Single traveller - advise needed!!

by thanalik

First of all i'd like to know if there is a limit budjet to your accomodation.
Secondly you have to think your transportation to the beaches.If you stay close to a beach what will you do in late afternoon?You will miss the city-vibes? Or you will need to consider about your way back,perhaps late on evening?
Mykonos is what you are looking for.Day time parties are common in SuperParadise the most commons, also Paraga,KaloLivadi,Panormos.There you will find the most trendy restaurants where after midday eating,party begins, with people dancind over the tables etc.
My favorite one is Psarou beach and the N'ammos restaurant.Suppose to be the trendiest of all, infront of a beautiful beach.There is available the best beach service in Greece.They provide you clean towels,bottles of water, wet towels to keep your face cooled and no need to mention on weekends you need to have make a reservation for your...sunbed.The cost last year for 2 teak sunbeds and the umbrela was 50euros on weekends...
Here for more advices and take a look to my Myconos page...

RE: RE: Single traveller - advise needed!!

by longtalldee

Thankyou very much for your reply. I have no set budget but I do like to feel that I'm getting value for money. For example, there's no point in me staying in a big hotel with pool, gym, leisure facilities ect.. as I rarely use these. As I'm on my own I do like to be able to people watch from a balcony or terrace (I'm very nosy!!) and a nice view would be a bonus. I have thought about town versus beach accommodation and I do know that I will be on the beach every day but that I won't necessarily be going to town every afternoon/evening. I've looked at quite a few place and found the Mina studios between psarou and Plati Gialos and they are very cheap (more money to spend whilst I'm over there!). Do you know this accommodation and if so is it OK? Lastly, thanks for your recommendation re the restaurant/bar on Psarou beach-yes...that sounds right up my street (Do you know me?????) :-))

RE: RE: Single traveller - advise needed!!

by forgrave

The Mina studios are ok and are in the the area you want to be ie Plati Yialos for the boats to the beaches and there are plenty of tavernas down there. The bus stop is yards away to go into town. Have a look @ the Kamari & the Nissaki which has views to Psarou (make sure you get a room 2nd floor facing the bay.)
Our friends are in the Kamari when you are there and we shall be in Ano Mera as we have for the last 21 yrs. If you need any more info e-mail
Have fun

Re: Single traveller - advise needed!!

by doogieforever

if you are in town for dinner, Avra restaurant is my absolute favourite and I go every year a few times a year of I can get cheap enough flights from London.
www.avra-mykonos.com

Re: Single traveller - advise needed!!

by molaiz

Hey there! We're you able to find any place good? Did you happen to come across any 4 or 5 star's near paradise beach?

Matt

Travel Tips for Mykonos

You may have to share the road....

by Maryimelda

Mykonos is home to quite a few rural properties and small farms. When the animals need to be moved they use the same roads as the cars. Since it's a bit difficult to teach the rules of the road to a sheep, it goes without saying that the sheep have right of way and you and your car don't scare them a bit. They just carry on regardless as you will see in the pics. We had the added experience of being overseen through the process by a very cheeky donkey!

Alternative port; Rafina

by thanalik

Rafina is the second port of Athens.It is 30km NE of city center and has easy access from airport.(less that 20min.)
You can either use a "normal" ship,or a catamaran type.
Bluestarferries use the normals and the duration is about 4 hours.They also have catamarans which make the incredible 2 hours! Imagine that the very first row of seats,must use a seatbelt!!!
HellenicSeaways also use catamaran type ships and they get to Mykonos in 2,5 hours.
Rafina is my preference cos takes you less time in the sea and usually is less crowded.
First option to those who travel right after flight to Athens int.airport, cos it's very close to it.

super paradice

by thanalik

The absolute party beach.Loud music people drink and drink and mainly drink... and dance... everywhere over the rocks, on the beach, in beach bar's pool... its the absolute party... all this after 3.00pm...
This is the time i usually leave.Super is a fantastic beach.If you get there at 11.00am or at 12.00pm you will probably wonder which sunbed to catch.Near the rocks or in the middle of the beach? First row to be close to beach, or on the lasts to be close to the bar?For sure you will find only 2-3 couples, 1-2families with children(?!) by that time and thats all... If you like the party stay till late.if not take your towels and get to another beach.Mykonos has more than 20 perfect sandy beaches...
I like this one as my morning choise! Trust me and you will be happy.
Lastly take one more tip! Next to the bar is a restaurant-self service...Usually beers there, are a little cheaper than in bar...

Paradise Beach

by sieffron

Paradise Beach is a notorious party spot in the Greek Isles, although it didn't live up to it's reputation when I visited. The texture of the beach is somewhere between sand and pebbles, but not quite either and it's almost entirely covered with beach chairs, which you must pay 3.5 - 7 euros (I don't exactly remember, but I think it was on the higher end) to use.
There are a few bars at the beach which pump out dance tunes even when the place is less than half full. Despite what I heard, I saw no bartop dancing or widespread nudity and left Paradise Beach feeling somewhat cheated.

Mykonos

by msmm

It was one of our port of call in our Aegean Cruise. It is such a beautiful island! We landed early in the morning when the residence were still enjoying their breakfast, fisherman were selling their local catch of the day and we saw a nanny with a pony with loads of fresh herbs and vegetables.

"Beach"

We took a short bus ride (0,90EUR) to a beach and took the local boat (5EUR r/t) to Super Paradise Beach. The most beautiful blue I saw in the Aegean -

Comments