Angelika Studios

Greece
Priceline.com

More about Mykonos

Mykonos by nightMykonos by night

Windmills still used as homes and shopsWindmills still used as homes and shops

Photo by ThemisPhoto by Themis

FrontageFrontage

Best Western Dionysos Hotel in Mykonos

by bob5555

Do you have any experience with Best Western Dionysos Hotel in Mykonos (Ornos)?
Where you satisfied with the services provided in hotel?
Is it easy to go to Mykonos town from there by bus?
Is it to far for walking to Mykonos town?

Thank you very much for replies.

RE: Best Western Dionysos Hotel in Mykonos

by irenegirl

we stayed 4 nights there in May 2006, and although the breakfast was more meager than we have in North America, it was always fresh, the owners/staff were above-and-beyond helpful, the rooms were clean and nicer than most Best westerns... I have to say that we stayed in quite a few BW's in Greece, and this was by far the best one for us. You have to take a taxi from the ferry, but it costs less than 10 Euros.. on Mykonos after we arrived, we were able to take the local bus which runs every hour until at least 11pm for 1 Euro. (it stops half a block from the hotel at the bar on the waterfront on the same side of the street.) the pool was also clean.. which we certainly didn't see everywhere.
** Be sure if you stay there that you have dinner at the restaurant across the street slightly to the left of the hotel.. (it also has a take=out window).. the prices were reasonable, and the 2nd-best food we ate in greece during out 6-week stay!!

RE: RE: RE: Best Western Dionysos Hotel in Mykonos

by bob5555

Thank you very much for these information.

Travel Tips for Mykonos

Something unique you'll never forget!

by wadekorzan

Wandering around Mykonos Town in the evening, you may come across 1-2 professional photographers that are offering their services. I don't think too many people take advantage of this unique opportunity, but we did, and it was a memorable highlight of our trip. We met Themis, our professional photgrapher for the day, at 4 in the afternoon. He took us all around Mykonos Town finding the right shadows, lighting, and photogenic spots. Then he took us in his car to a house north of Agios Stefanos, where we could take more great photos. This is a really great thing to do, and how many other places in the world can you so easily make such an arrangement? Themis took about 150 pictures and had all of them on CD plus had printed over 50 of them by the end of the evening. We had a great afternoon, saw some places we wouldn't have found on our own, met a really nice guy, and have lots of photos to remember our special day. All of our friends who have seen the photos loved them and want to go to Mykonos to do the same thing!

It is not cheap, but it is worth it....from 270 Euro and up--better check with Themis yourself for prices. He stands on the main street in the evenings right by the Alpha Bank--everybody knows this bank. Even if you don't use his services, stop by and tell him Wade and Leo from Vienna send their greetings!!!

The chefs an alcoholic but wonderful!

by charlotte-jane about Bar Dublin

I did work here for a bit so am biased! But loads of locals eat there as the chefs great....plenty of greek dishes on the menu as well as american stuff. good for lunch after being on stefanos beach. If you go say hi to Jackie and Lorraine from me!

They also serve Murphys! Apple cake is the business.

Monastery of Panayia Tourliani

by MikeAtSea

Mykonos is widely considered Greece's Party Central, but when you're taking a break from the beautiful beaches and nightlife, stop in at this sixteenth-century monastery, named for the patron saint of the island. Built in the 16th century, it contains precious icons that have shaped Greek culture.

The Perfect Greek Island

by Tom_Fields

"Mykonos"

Mykonos fits every expectation that most people have when visiting the Greek Islands. It's warm, sunny, picturesque, and very laid back. A great place to go for a day visit or a weekend.

The island doesn't have any particular "must-see" attractions. Its best-known, most recognized thing is probably the windmills.

"A Mediterranean Sunset"

If you stay just for a day, I hope you stay long enough to catch a fine Mediterranean sunset. They don't get much better than they do here.

Mykonos

by Jillworld

The Cycladic island of Mykonos - a very popular tourist destination - the crowds of people being it's only flaw. This is the Church of Panagia Paraportiani - actually four churches put together, rather haphazardly I might add. It is beautiful to look at however, and very photogenic.

This is my best friend Monica and I, posing for the camera.

This area of Mykonos town is known as little Venice, because of the waterfront resemblance!

Here are the windmills that Mykonos is famed for.

The streets of Mykonos town are very narrow and extremely confusing - no rhyme or reason! I have been to this island twice now, and I know would still be unable to keep from getting lost at least three times daily! I was once told that the town was planned this way to confuse pillaging pirates in years past - I don't know if this is factual, but it's a romantic thought so I choose to believe!

Mykonos town always has a pelican in residence - I do not know his name. He is wandering past an example of some typical Mykonos boutiques. It is a great place to shop for jewellery, although not inexpensive - do not forget to bargain a little!

This is a view from our hotel just outside Mykonos town, during my first visit to the island in 1997.

Here we are at Paradise Beach - Warning - do not be shocked to see naked people here, or maybe you will be one of them?? (I kept my swimmers on.) Lots of interesting people watching to do here, and no, I am not a voyeur, just curious is all! There is another beach, Super Paradise, that is reached from here by boat - I believe this beach is predominately gay.

This was neat to see! Beautiful stallions taking a cooling dip - I am referring to the horses of course!

Comments