Club Mykonos Polana Beach

Mykonos Ammos Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com Agoda.com

Costs 264% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Mykonos

What is this building?What is this building?

heading out from Mykonosheading out from Mykonos

The TheaterThe Theater

...and after...and after

Various advices about Mykonos needed :-)

by wonderdida

a bit long..sorry!! I am going to Mykonos with my boyfriend from 16 to 23 June and I need some advices:
- I have been to Mykonos 2 years ago, so I was wondering if it is worth staying there 4 days and myabe going 2 days to Naxos, which I haven't seen..my only doubt is that I'd like to have a relaxing week and don't want to bother too much (I've been to Nyc a month ago and I've walked too much!!)
- All the time I went to Greece I didn't book the accomodation but I found it at the port..that's where you find the best deals, even in August in Mykonos! This time I'm arriving by plane and I was wondering if people is waiting there to offer accomodation as they do at the port..also, a friend of mine once went to Mykonos in June and she told me that everything was full booked because of a national holiday or something..do you know anything about it?
- How's the trasportation like? If I sleep in the town do you think that I should be able to move by bus easily?
Thanks

by abckidz

Hey there - I was in Mykonos last year with a good friend of mine and we had a great time. One great aspect of the Greek Islands is that you can only be around large groups of people when you chose to be. Mykonos is definitely one of, if not the most popular Greek Island (or so it seemed last year), and so there were many younger kids on vacation as well. If you chose to go to bars/clubs/etc. you'll have a great time, but there are also less popular nightspots and beaches on Mykonos where you can just relax all day and not be bothered.

I can't speak for the accommodation because we booked before it before we arrived in Athens, but there certainly seemed to be rooms available and the various hostels and hotels we saw around the islands.

To be honest I think maybe 2 or 3 nights is all you need in Mykonos. Last year we went to Santorini, which is completely different than Mykonos. It's much more quiet and relaxed, and much more beautiful as well. There are a lot of couples on the island so it can be very romantic, and if you venture to the top of the island it provides some incredible views and sunsets.

On both Mykonos and Santorini transportation was pretty easy to figure out - but we decided to check with the front desk at our hotel, and with their knowledge it was a breeze. There are buses on both islands that are cheap and efficient, as well as moped and 4x4 rentals which can spice things up a bit and add a sense of adventure to your trip.

Well, I hope that helps, have a great time!

Ben

by StefanosS

There is not any kind of National Holiday in summer. Only 2 religious holidays.

Probably the one you mention was the feast of Pentecost (always on a Sunday) and the next day of the Holy Spirit Monday. The dates are not fixed, depending on the celebration of the Orthodox Easter. For 2008, it is on June 15 and 16. Holy Spirit Monday is a holiday only for Education and some public services. For private domain it is a working day with a few exceptions (e.g. electricians, banks...)

Next holiday in summer is on August 15 (Dormition of the Virgin).

by lizzytoo

As soon as you get to Mykonos get the first ferry you can out to Naxos , it's amazing it is'nt as ruined as Mykonos, ( the prices are outrageous! ) naxos has so much more to offer and has everything you could ever want . As you sail into the beautiful harbour it is all laid there before you, you can spend hours exploring the labryinth of little back streets and thats only the begining , the beaches are beautiful, head out to Ag Anna, exquisite ! X

Travel Tips for Mykonos

Mykonos -Not worth the while.....

by jenn5179

I actually did not enjoy Mykonos, I thought the scenery looked run-down compared to Santorini and Paros, and that Paradise Beach was nothing more than MTv Spring Break hopped up on Nescafe

We spent two nights there and that was plenty. At least we stayed at a good hotel - Mykonos Place. The lobby and rooms were gorgeous (we were in room 123) we had a huge private balcony facing the beach and it was awesome

The restaurant hotel was fantastic, we ate there 2-3 times for lunch/dinner and were never disappointed, nor did we suffer from sticker shock. I definitely thought the prices were reasonable for a hotel restaurant Our hotel had a traditional Greek night, with bouzuki players, greek dancers, and plate breaking... that was a really fun and we took some great pictures that night!

Packed in, but fun

by DrexelDragon about Caprice Bar

People head here for a place to watch the sunset. Then later the party gets going. It's main room is narrow, and there is a step all along the front of the bar. Thus, moving around is quite difficult. The music is mixed, and the Greeks flock to this place. I saw girls dancing on the bar, and the bartender throwing napkins in the air. Seems like a fun spot if you can stake out some territory close to the bar. No one seemed overly dressed up.

Paradise beach

by lashr1999

Paradise beach is a truly beautiful beach. You can take a bus from the town center or use a moped to get there. The texture of the beach is somewhere between sand and pebbles. The beach is covered with beach chairs for which you must pay 5 - 7 euros to use. If you brought your own towel the beach is free to use;) The water is a clear turquoise color, and you can see small fish swimming in it. It is one of the islands designated nude beaches and there were a few topless women there. The bars at the beach pump out dance music. There were several groups of people dancing and having a good time at the bar and it was only the afternoon when we got there.

Pelican Pete

by Maryimelda

In 1954 after a particuarly severe storm, Petros the pelican decided to give up travelling and settle on Mykonos permanently. He wandered around the port town of Hora for the next thirty years delighting both the locals and the visitors alike.
After his death, the locals decided to keep the tradition going and so found a replacement. Today there are more than one of these beautiful birds roaming the streets of Hora but sadly, their wings have been clipped to keep them there. They are very well cared for and loved, however, and seem to be quite at home whether resting in an alleyway or doing their party tricks for the visitors at various spots arond the town. They are in no way camera shy.
You can usually see one at night in the doorway of the little cafe near the taxi stand in the main square. His carer will be close by.

The playground of the rich and famous

by Restless-in-kl

When you mention Mykonos, most people would think of endless parties, sun, sea and sand. And really, that's what it's all about. However, as I have chosen to go to Mykonos just ahead of the crazy summer crowds, I found a more laidback, relaxed Mykonos.

It's a great place to chill, shop and absorb its people culture. In the above picture, you'll find quaint sights like these windmills - using cloth over frames to catch the wind. Some have been converted into rooms that you can rent

Comments