Giannoulaki Village Hotel

More about Mykonos

Main Entrance to the churchMain Entrance to the church

House in Hora-MykonosHouse in Hora-Mykonos

Sunset over Little VeniceSunset over Little Venice

beach side early middaybeach side early midday

Mykonos in July

by JordanH

Hey hey VT's

I was wondering where the best party places are in mykonos. We are three aussies going -(two males gay) and one female (straight)- in our mid twenties and want to find some cool places that we will all like. We are basically heading over there just to have fun soak up the sand, surf and party life.

Any suggestions?

Jordn

by SkyKat

It's not hard to find places to party in Mykonos. I'd recommend staying at a hotel in or close to town, making it easier to get home at the end of the night, as the lineup as the taxi stand can be anticlimactic at the end of a fun night. Recommendation: Maddalena's in Peteinaros +30-22890-24116. Family run, nice clean rooms, well priced, and a 10 minute walk to town.

As for places to party in town-Pieros has been there forever, hard to miss. It's small inside but the crowd spills out into the courtyard. Predominantly gay but all are welcome. Scandinavian Bar has been drawing a crowd for years. The best party beach is Paradise Beach-loud music and dancing even during the day. Clubs tend to rotate a bit from year to year, and I haven't been in a couple of years. There are a couple of clubs out of town on the beach that stay open all night as does the Yacht Club by the old port in town.
You will discover what's new and what's hot on your first day there. It's impossible to miss the party on Mykonos.
Have fun!!

by yma123

yes.. I agree with the other VT'er - stay in Mykonos Town...

im an aussie and mykonos was one of my fav places EVER!!!!!

we stayed at the pelican hotel - 5mins walk from main bus stop and cafes...

Paradise Beach is good & Super Paradise Beach is even better ( you need to take a boat to this one - great beach bar there) & go to Space or Club Paradiso... the clubs dont start till 1-2ish so you can stay at the bars drinking till late and then go back to the hotel to freshen up and then back out again!!!

if you keep your eye out whilst sunbaking on paradise beach you might see guys and gals going around with clip boards... adding people to the guest list... so keep your eye out - saves some cash and you usually get a free drink on entry that is soooo strong it will take you a while to drink it!!! hha

check out my mykonos page if you like... I LOVE MYKONOS... cant pick a fault with this place... ahhhhhhhh im jelous.. I want to go again!

by jenn5179

Paradise beach -- it was a party in and of itself... my husband and I were surrounded by 20 and 30 something's from all over, partying it up, dancing, sunning, etc. Some were tame, some got pretty wild

We rented a scooter to get there, spent the entire day there, it was a blast

As far as night life, the main area had dozens of bars, of all kinds, all right there for your enjoyment!

have a great trip

Travel Tips for Mykonos

Public toilets

by sierralyndon

We were very pleasantly surprised to find that the free public toilets in town, near the Town Hall were in pretty good shape. So I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them! Unfortunately the locks there weren't any locks on the door, so we had to stand guard for each other.

Taxis

by DrexelDragon

Taxis really are relatively convenient for getting around the island's main beaches and areas. There are two areas to go to get a taxi. There is Taxi Square which is down on the harbor on the east side, and there is the bus station. To take a taxi to the beaches on the south side of the island then you will want to go to the bus station for a taxi. This is where we went, and we had the following prices to these places:

Super Paradise: 11.50euro
Paradise: 6.50
Platys Gialos: 5
Orinos: 4

We also took a taxi from Taxi Square to the New Port when we departed, which cost us 6 euros.

Taking a taxi to Super Paradise is no more than a 15 minute ride, but really that depends on traffic.

Final bits...always ask the price before you get in. Also, if you have a late night ferry departure from the New Port, then LISTEN UP...you will want to get to Taxi Square early!!!

Half an hour before will not cut it!!! You can not walk from Taxi Square to the New Port in half an hour either. You will encounter others who are wanting to go to the New Port and then you will also compete for rides with couples just finished dining out and are now looking to return to their out of town hotel.

Tavis and I almost got screwed. We had a 10:50 ferry departure, and we showed up to the square around 10:25, where there were about 25 other people looking to catch a taxi. The square is small, and at night the taxis are busy. Therefore, it's possible that you will encounter what we encountered, which was one taxi showing up every 5 minutes or so.

There's no waiting line, so the best advice would be to stand in the middle of the square so that when the driver turns left, you are then positioned on the driver side of the car. Then as he begins to stop walk up to their window and tell them where you want to go. It's cut throat, yes, but it's the way it works. First come first served.

Wind Mills

by MikeAtSea

One of the attractions of Mykonos are the wind mills which have gained fame in one of the James Bond Movies. Beautifully aligned they overlook the bay of Mykonos. This is one of the most photographed sights on the island. Some have become available for rent and one can actually life in these wind mills.

Delos

by al_mary

This is one of Greece's most famous
archaeologic sites is the small island
of Delos.
Under the jurisdiction of Mykonos and
situated just 2 kilometers to the west
the entire island has been declared
a national museum.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Access to the island has been made readily available through excursions
which leave daily from the main harbor of Mykonos and some of the more
popular beaches ......

SHAKE WHATCHYA MOMMA GAVE YA!!!

by DrexelDragon

"The Pirate Party Island - AARRGGHHH MATEY!!!"

Spent 5 days in Mykonos during the beginning period in May when Greek university students flock to the island. There were a fair number of tourists there as well -- more than I expected actually.

I think I will revisit the island at some point. It's fun, and the Hora is incredible with is "pirate-confusing" labrynthine streets. The island itself is not very aesthetic since it's mostly rocky landscape, and I was a little disappointed with the beaches that were pebbles instead of soft sand.

The nightlife is probably even better during the summer peak. There are lots places for quiet, lounge, club, bar, straight, gay, couples, families, and the like.

The challenge of visiting Mykonos is to enjoy it without being bankrupted. There are places where good meals and lodging can be had without being duped. I think my friend and I found some good places worthy of mention here, so I hope these help.

Cheers!