Hotel Tagoo

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Hotel Tagoo

simply amazing

by TripAdvisor Member Lagavulin

The word to describe hotel tagoo is "amazing". If you are looking for a clean room with great hospitality and phenomenal price, you can't beat this property. On top of that, Anna, Yanni, Leah and Jimmy are extremely friendly and you feel as if you have known these guys for ages. The sunset view from the pool is breathtaking. We have traveled all around the globe but have never come across a hotel like this.

I have never been to a hotel or a B&B and felt more welcomed. If and when we go back to Mykonos it would be a sin for us not to stay at this hotel.

Many many thanks to Leah, Yanni, Jimmy and Anna for making our stay memorable.

Such a great stay

by TripAdvisor Member aaaaagghhh

We had such a great stay at Hotel Tagoo and can thoroughly recommend it if you can get a reservation. It's not a 5 star hotel so don't be under any illusions, but it has good facilities (stunning terrace and pool) and the rooms are functional, clean and most seem to have super views over the sea. Anna was a good host and went out of her way to help us when high winds meant that our ferry across to Naxos was cancelled - her restaurant and bar recommendations were also pretty spot on. It's also a gay friendly place (although in fairness most places in Mykonos are) and Anna also provided recommendations for sampling the abundant gay scene on the island.

Lovely, small hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JLE2

You will love this hotel. The pool vista looks out on the ocean and there is a lovely bar nearby, with delicious snacks & a friendly bartender. Our room was spacious, with a balconey. The owners take a personal interest in the guests & make an effort to introduce you to others. They gave us a lovely dinner, upon our arrival and showed us the Greek dances. It is a 10 minute walk into town. I would definitely recommend it. We went in early Sept and it was very windy & too cold to swim. I would recommend a warm, summer stay.

So glad we decided to stay here

by TripAdvisor Member Laura/Rusty

From the moment we arrived in Mykonos I knew we made the right decision by staying here. We got off the ferry and were greeted by Yiannis, the owner, who picked us up at the port and drove us to the hotel. I was impressed since we hadn't communicated for months and there he was waiting for us! When we got to the hotel I couldn't believe how beautiful it was - the bar, pool and view can't be beat, and I loved the hotel's traditional architecture. The rooms were clean and staff very friendly. The location is perfect - a 10 minute walk up from town means you're very close to everything but removed enough to be away from the noise if you want to be, and the fact that it's uphill means you have a fantastic view, unlike hotels that are closer in to town. Anna's suggestions were priceless, on everything from which beaches to go to depending on the direction of the wind, to the best bars, restaurants, and clubs to go to based on our personal taste. The bar by the pool was lively every evening with Jimmy, Anna and her guests and had great drink prices for Mykonos. No wonder people return here year after year - we hope to be back sometime soon!

Sun, sea and great company.....

by TripAdvisor Member Correna

This was my first time to the Greek Islands and I think I have been utterly spoilt. We arrived at the Tagoo having been picked up from the ferry by 'tagoo mini bus' to find the small pool side bar full of chatting, laughing people who had just met days previously. We enjoyed a complimentary drink and were shown to our lovely rooms. Mine had a fabulous balcony and a truely amazing view of the sea and islands beyond.
Anna was wonderful and so welcoming with terrific local information, she is genuinely interested in showing people a good time when they stay with her and the island of Mykonos.
Jim (hunky barman) made gorgeous cocktails and provided the best cup of coffee in the morning.
I had such a good time - I will definetly return , next time, with children and husband in tow........

A nice hotel with a view to a beautiful sunset

by TripAdvisor Member masa65

We - 2 adults and 2 teenagers - visited Mykonos in July and stayed for 4 nights at hotel Tagoo. We can easily agree with all the good reviews from others visitors. We enjoyed our stay in Mykonos and in hotel so much that we changed our original 3-night-stay to 4 nights. We found the hotel nice, clean and cosy and its staff very friendly and helpful. We experienced Anna's customer-oriented attitude even months before our visit. Because of misunderstandings our booking to Tagoo was never confirmed. After some desperate emailing Anna rearranged some rooms and made our stay possible.
We recommend the hotel breakfast, it is worth the price. It is not the buffet but it is full breakfast served by Lia and the other lady whose name we do not unfortunately remember.
There is a quite narrow street to the town center with fast driving cars and motorbikes. You should be careful if you're travelling with children.
Many thanks to Anna, Lia and others in hotel Tagoo.

Just Magical

by TripAdvisor Member Janga

Just magic, is the only way to describe the time that my husband and I had while staying at the Hotel Tagoo for our 25th Wedding Anniversary trip in September .Having traveled all over the world, never before have I stayed in a place where everyone we met from the wonderful Anna and Yannis, who are the owners of the Hotel, to Jimmy the barman and Leah the 2nd in charge, as well as all the guests we met from all around the world were more welcoming and friendly. This place is a little bit of heaven on earth, and not to be missed by anyone seeking a truly personal experience, in a most spectacular setting, on the most beautiful island. To top it off, you really do feel like you are part of a caring family too.
From the minute we arrived at the airport to be met by a smiling Anna, (no transfer fee) until the very sad day we had to pack up and leave, our stay was nothing but joy, joy, joy. Anna is a host extraordinaire, so willing to do anything she can during your stay to make it the best it can be, and you feel she does it not because she has to, but because she has a genuine love of people, and wants them to have the best time possible while they are staying with her. Thank you so much Anna, you will never be forgotten here in Australia. Yannis, her husband is also a fantastic host, is always there if you need him, and is never without a smile. Whilst we were there they put on an impromptu party in the evening by the pool, Anna cooked a traditional Greek meal, complete with Greek salad, wine etc, they even cracked open champagne for the three of us that were celebrating wedding anniversaries. Then came a demonstration of Greek dancing by Anna and Yannis, and a teach in for those that wanted by Yannis. It was an incredible evening, and once again helps to demonstrate their generous nature.
To make comment about other reports regarding the Hotel being out of town, although the Hotel is situated about a 10 minute walk north of Hora towards the new port, and it is up hill, it is a pleasant walk; don’t be put off by other reports about requiring Taxi’s. The views afforded of Hora as you descend into town are well worth the walk, we did it at least twice a day for 8 days and never got sick of it, at night it is even more beautiful.
I could go on and on, but don’t ever think I could do the Hotel Tagoo justice.
The only down side for us was the day we left knowing that we live so far away we are not going to be able to return on a regular basis, that said, we will definitely be back.

You'd be crazy not to stay here!!

by TripAdvisor Member JenIreland

Before my trip to Mykonos, I'd been to the Greek Islands many times and stayed in some places that I thought couldn't be matched. How wrong was I! From the moment we were collected from the ferry by the gorgeous Yannis to the fantastic greeting and ongoing hospitality by his beautiful wife Anna (Yes girls...he's taken!) to the warm welcome and professional service delivered by hunky Jim in the bar -who by the way, has the whitest teeth on the planet. I travelled with my cousin Correna and this was her virgin visit to Greece - it's going to be hard to match this again. She will definitely return with her family and I am hoping she will drag me along as her au pair!

The hotel is truly beautiful, rooms are exceptionally clean, the views are AMAZING and the sun sets --YOU'VE GOT TO EXPERIENCE THEM FOR YOURSELF.

If you want the best experience, hospitality and welcome to one of the most beautiful places in the world, contact Mamma Tagoo now!!

Truly a unique and wonderful experience!

by TripAdvisor Member Shabby_M

My friend Nichole and I truly had a wonderful experience at the Hotel Tagoo! Anna, Yanni and Jimmy are wonderful hosts who made us feel at home immediately. The rooms are very basic and also very clean, which is all we really needed. The location is great, just a short walk into town and the views are spectacular! The pool and rooms (at least ours) overlook the ocean which is amazing to wake up to every day. What really made this hotel stand out was the warm and friendly service of our hosts. We honestly felt like we were a part of the family and really bonded with other hotel guests as well because of the warm and friendly environment. You cannot ask for anything more for such a terrific deal and great location! We cannot wait until we go back!

wonderful time

by TripAdvisor Member cheraw

Wow! what can we say but these are truly wonderful people...Anna,Yannis, superman Jimmy and our dear Leah....you guys are all wonderful and we had a fantastic time...Anna from the time you met us at the airport until the time Yanni dropped us off at the ferry we felt totally welcomed to your hotel and house...you are wonderful people and your operation is top notch...Dwain and I had a truly great time in mykonos and we know it was due to your hospitality.

This is a great hotel and we recommend it to anyone considering mykonos...everything was top notch...everything...and the walk into town is just perfect....not to far ....a truly nice walk..people who complain about this need to walk a little...it is really not that far.
Anna helped with tips on things to do and where to go...including where to eat....we love you guys and will be back again...so watch out...those crazy canadians will return....thanks guys...it was truly a great holiday...Cheryl and Dwain

Comments