La Stella Cafe Snack Bar & Apartments

Glastros 303, 846 00, Greece
La Stella Cafe Snack Bar & Apartments
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Mykonos

the amazing stone & granite houses/structuresthe amazing stone & granite houses/structures

myconian doors 3myconian doors 3

ALBERT BERGADAALBERT BERGADA

No taxis anywhere!No taxis anywhere!

best hotel location

by silab

what's the best hotel location in mykonos?
in town or close to the beach? and which hotel do you recommend?

by Maryimelda

The best location in my opinion, is on the hill above the port. There are not too many good hotels down in the town anyway and I think it would be really noisy there till the early hours as Mykonos is a party town through and through. If you stay at one of the hotels up on the hill, ther is a walkway down to the port and then when you are ready to go back to your hotel, you can get a taxi back for 3 euro. The views are spectacular as well. We stayed at the Hotel Damianos last September and it was really fantastic. Please see the tip on my Mykonos page and you will see what I mean. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, it was by far, the best of 19 hotels I stayed at during my last European trip, and all for 60 euro per night including breakfast. Just click on my name and then go to my travel pages, click on Mykonos and follow the links.

by Maryimelda

This is the link to my tip, be sure to look at all the photos.

by tbsgeo

check www.saqexpedia.ge they have spesial prices for mykonos

by silab

Hello Mary we found Damanios hotel a nice spot for us but it is fully booked...any other recommendations? thanks again

by Maryimelda

Try www.bookings.com. That is where we found the Damianos. There is one nearby which is quite similar called (I think) the Aelios or something like that. Anyway, there should be a good one for you on that website. Good luck.

by silab

i booked @ tzekos villas .
has anyone tried it?
do you recommend it?

Travel Tips for Mykonos

nudist beach

by celsius32

If you like nudism , theres a nudist beach just to the right of Elia beach. Its between big rocky plates and you can throw away your pants :) mostly for gays but there are women too . Try this if you love nature with no clothes

The Most Romantic Setting for a Dinner

by ctorres1979 about In the Mykonos Grand Hotel

I will remember this restaurant in the Mykonos Grand Hotel for a long time. I don't think we could've had a more romantic setting for one of our dinners on our honeymoon. From the lobby of the hotel you are in suspense about where you are going because you have to go down three sets of elevators to get to this beautiful restaurant. It is open and airy and you have a gorgeous view of the sea and a perfect place to see the sun set. The dish with filet mignon and lobster tail..mmm mmm.. we also had a really great blush wine from mykonos called amethystos

Watch the sun set in the Little Venice Quarter

by wadekorzan

This is, of course, a must-see when you are visiting Mykonos Town. Little Venice, also known as Alefkandra, is a collection of colourful, traditional houses with old wooden balconies hanging right over the sea. This little areas comes alive especially in the evening when people gather from all over the island to watch the sunset. There are many cafes and restaurants here (expensive, but I would say worth it once!) as well as some souvenir stands and art galleries. There's also a rocky little beach next to it where you can go for a nice stroll and get some nice photos of this popular place. You can also enjoy the sunset from the windmills overlooking the Little Venice Quarter, for free.

Mykonos suffered greatly under the rule of the Ottoman Empire, because it was a little ignored during that period and became a haven for pirates. The buildings here in Little Venice were built the way they are so that loading and unloading of goods could be done quickly.

Beautiful Mykonos!

by angiebabe

"Piraeus overnight ferry to Mykonos -"

I caught the 11pm overnight ferry from Piraeus - what a pallaver that was! the agency that helped me so much had told me there was a bus that ran along the port where there are official bus stops for the bus that drops off at the various ferry gates - turned out my gate was miles down and some drunk derelict guy told me there was no more buses! In the end I was running and then couldnt find the ferry gate and then that it was right around the other side of a small harbour! A taxi going past wouldnt stop and what a panic - and then eventually a taxi did stop and apparently knowing the ferry I needed was actually about to leave whisked me around to the gate and my bag into the back of the ship! So with only a couple of minutes to spare and in a major sweat and in almost exhaustion I then had to lug my suitcase up so many steps with none of the staff going past offering to help so that by then the officer who assigned me to a guy to show to my overnight room who did offer to help I couldnt be bothered to let him (reverse female psychology?)

The ticket was a bargain really - 31 euro for the overnight journey with bunk and ensuite - the lady I shared with didnt speak any english and mustve wondered about her room mate redfaced and covered in continuous sweat! but we tried to gesture to each other with hand signals and so on - and what a wonderful thing to have a clean shower on hand!

"1st visit to the Cyclades"

Approaching Mykonos on the ferry all that could be seen were lots of lights on the islands around us, some outline of the island as we passed and colours on the horizon that dawn was about to commence.

As we got off the ferry dawn was upon us and in the greyness cars were approaching the dock - from a long road that looked a rather long way from civilisation - one of two taxis arrived that were filled and wizzed off - I just kept walking as there were no more cars to be seen! no port building with anyone around or phones by the look of it - I luckily was the first that a taxi came to and about 530 I was dropped off in the centre of Mykonos at a cafe the taxi driver reckoned was a place I could get good coffee and leave my bag until places opened - beautiful buildings already apparent next to the sea. And loads of young partygoers in very small or very short nightclubbing outfits!

"Enjoying the white streets, flowers,windmills...."

After a 2.50 euro tiny small coffee I was kindly able to leave my bag at the cafe and head off up the hill in the direction of 'windmills' and the sunrise which eventually took me up into the countryside - not much of the sunrise as the countryside seemed to just go on and on - but lovely houses and paddocks with flowers, goats and a very cute dog in his frontyard.

Nice views from up there though over Mykonos' white washed houses and flower and rock wall sided country lanes, little white churches and....windmills!... down to the sea. A rather pretty and satisfying sight and start to my first time in Greece island hopping adventure!

Then it was a matter of, after enjoying and taking many many photo of the wonderful little houses with so many cute doors and steps and flowers along the narrow paths and lanes, - with hardly a soul about!what a bonus hey!thats why I really had such an overall great day on Mykonos! - moving my bag from the cafe to the luggage dept at some ticket office.....about 15 minutes walk back towards the ferry port! and then a rush back to catch the next boat to Delos.....!

Comments