Mykonos Palace

Mykonos Palace Beach Hotel
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 117% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• jenn5179's Profile Photo

A 1 star and A 4 star -- all in the same stay!!!!

When we first checked into the Mykonos Palace, they put us in one of the Romantica Apartments that are next door to the main hotel.

They were DISGUSTING with a capital D. I have never stayed in such a gross place in all my life. Room was filthy, sheets had burn holes, just terrible.

After complaining, we got moved to a standard room in the main building -- the room was gorgeous, recently updated, modern, very clean. It was like a world of difference from the Apartments

The hotel service staff was very nice, and the restaurant there had great food. For those reasons, I would recommend staying here ONLY if you are guaranteed a room in the main building

Unique Quality: The hotel restaurant was great, nice beach area adjacent to board walk with different shops.

I did like the location, and the staff.

We beached it, so we never went to the pool, but it looked like a nice pool

Directions: Platys Gialos

More about Mykonos Palace

Tour groups in Greece

by mollynsteve

We returned from a recent tour of Greece(late April to mid May) with the first part a bus tour of mainland Greece with Globus, a bit disappointing. Then followed an independent island-hopping tour arranged by ATB Holidays which was a great experience. My contact with them was by internet - after I chose the package we wanted (Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos) and indicated what level of hotel (moderate) they did all the rest, meeting us at our hotel at the end of the Globus tour, taking us to the correct ferry(all ferries high speed catamaran, got to Santorini with 2 stops in between in a little over 4 hours) where we were met and taken to our hotel(Rimida Villas in Oia, a quieter town than Fira on Santorini; Nazos Beach Hotel in Naxos Town, and Mykonos Palace 4 km. out of Mykonos town) with the same efficient transfers on all islands, and finally from Piraeus to the Athens airport for our return flight home. No hassles, hotels just as described, no hidden fees. I would recommend ATB Holidays for anyone wanting to travel in Greece, Turkey, or Egypt. I think they also arrange land tours of Greece which I might have preferred to Globus.
Tourism is busy in Greece even before the main summer season - the acropolis in Athens was jammed - I would recommend travel no later than mid April to avoid the huge crowds of summer. Beds are HARD everywhere, fresh fish incredibly expensive! Greece is mountainous and green. Its people are very friendly, and at least where tourists are likely to go English is spoken. The islands are beautiful - if you have time rent a car(cheaper than the U.S.) and drive out of the tourist towns. We did so both on Santorini and Naxos and found it very worthwhile.

Comments