New Aeolos Hotel Mykonos

More about Mykonos

Beach taverna....Beach taverna....

myconian doors 1myconian doors 1

InsideInside

Wind on the beach!Wind on the beach!

Ag Ioannis tou kleidona celebrations

by freespirit-117

Geiasas, Does anybody know if they usually have traditional celebrations on 24th June in Mykonos for Ag Ioannis? I spent this time in Paros for many years, and they made fires on the beach,there was music and everyone danced around the fire or jumped over it!!! .....Paula

by greekcypriot

Hi,
I found this for you, and hope it helps.

Festivals are organized many times each year with folk music and bands, dancing and plenty of wine. The most important of these are the Panagia Toutliani church, on 15th August, and the fishermen's festival, on 29th June and 6th December. On the second Sunday of September, the grape harvest festival is held, in Hora, at the open air Agrotomouseio-Mykos Boni. It is also worth observing the "Hirosfagia" (pig slaughtering) that take place in October and lasts days.

by freespirit-117

Efxaristo...hmmm they also did the fishermans festival when I was in Paros, but you dont seem to see these traditional things in Mykonos...maybe i have to look outside of hora more, into the villages...
Also as you are Cypriot, I am going to Cyprus at the beginning of June, and would like to know the most beautiful spots to visit, only have 4 days:-(
also are there any places I can swim naked?!! I hate wet swimming costumes!!!

by greekcypriot

While having a stroll in the morning and in the afternoon by the beach (exercising) in Dekelia road where the hotels are, I happened to see once in a while nudists but they are a bit further than the hotels.
Actually I have no other idea about nudists beaches, but I am sure you can enjoy your swim if you get to a more remote spot.
You did not mention where are you planning to stay when in Cyprus. Have you made bookings yet?
Give me a hint so that I can help you more.
Popi

by freespirit-117

Thanks for replying so quickly!!! I'm going over for a wedding in Paphos, but I didnt want to spend all my time around one hotel and the wedding party....so I'm staying one night at San Remo in Larnaca, then I've rented a car and I will spend the next 2 nights at hotel mon Repos, which I believe is near ayia Napa and Protaras, then I will stay out between Coral Bay and Paphos at Sunset Bay apartments, this way, I will drive around and see a lot of the island. I speak quite a bit of Greek, so i would like to get to know Cypriot people and see the "real Cyprus".... I'm in the wrong forum for Cyprus, but never mind eh!!!!

Travel Tips for Mykonos

Early Morning Walks

by chrissyalex

There are all kinds of paths all around the Mykonos and between the beaches. It's very enjoyable to walk them and take in the beautiful views. This picture was taken around 6:30 am , our first morning on the island ,walking the path between Paraga and Paradise beach. We woke up very early and decided to check out the area . It seemed we were the only ones awake anywhere. We really enjoyed the tranquility and an early morning stroll became part of our routine throughout our stay on the Greek islands

Great place on Elia Beach

by sierralyndon about Elia Beach Bar and Restaurant

This beach bar and restaurant is located on the popular Elia Beach. There is one other restaurant closer to the hotel area but the food there was nowhere near as good as the food at Elia Beach Restaurant.

It gets pretty crowded in the summer but the waiters are very attentive and do a lot of running around. We went there 2 or 3 times and were always impressed at how they never ever messed our orders up despite how busy it got! The burger served on pita was very yummy, But my favourite dish there for a hot day on the beach was the Chicken Salad - it had lettuce, tomatoes, pineapple, mango and strips of grilled chicken in it. Most yummy!

Little Venice

by al_mary

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
A little of Italy in Greece ....
Where the most western part of the town
meets the sea, is the area known as
"Little Venice".
Here the buildings have been constructed
right on the sea's edge with their balconies
overhanging the water.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

During the 16th and 17th century pirating was common and it is
believed this area was used for the necessary quick loading
and unloading of goods ......

Blue Sky and White Buildings

by tuff

"Mykonos"

In the deep blue waters of the Mediterranean lies one of the most inviting places in Greece, Mykonos. Its bays, beaches and its quaint cobblestone streets welcome any visitor.

The town of Mykonos is very interesting, with whitewashed buildings and the narrow streets built like a maze which was to confuse the pirates in the pass. This works the same for the tourist today, Just go a head and get lost in town, eventually, you will find your way back to the waterfront.

An area adjacent to the Windmills is Little Venice, it got its name because of some of the Venetian houses were built right up at the waterfront.

Comments