Plati Gialos, Mykonos, 84 600, Greece

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Argo Hotel Mykonos Greece

Family Feeling Yet Above Average Service and Value

by TripAdvisor Member Chapsfun

My friend and I stayed at the Argo Hotel in mid May of this year. It was our first Greek Island Hotel Experience and certainly raised our expectations for all the other hotels that we stayed at. We were met at the port by Thanasis and checked in very quickly by his sister Stavroula. Our room was large, bright and extremely clean. It had a lovely balcony with two lounge chairs.

With just 100 metre walk to the beach, yet away from the business of Mykonos Town, the location was perfect. The bus stop to Mykonos town was right outside the door.

Breakfast was terrific with a variety of foods everyday. How they manage this is beyond me since they are a family run business.

We were just there for 2 days and yet saying good-bye to Stavroula and Thanasis was like saying good-bye to family.
They are to be commended for their excellent service and friendliness making each guest feel that they are there for them alone.

I would stay there again and recommend it to friends without a second thought.

not impressed

by TripAdvisor Member calpo

We returned from Mykonos only 10 days ago and tonight I intended to place my first review about Hotel Argo. Before travelling to the island my partner and I read many reviews of many hotels and choose the Argo because of their reviews. Buyer beware.

For the life of me I do not understand how others who stayed at this hotel at the same time as ourselves have rated it so highly. It is a complete mystery to us.

We were not impressed at all. Not one little bit. Don't forget that there is no pool at this hotel and meals are best eaten out. The snack bar really wasn't very good. For us though, the location of the hotel was a nightmare. Road traffic noise in April was bad so how anyone could enjoy this place in mid-summer is anyones guess.

The rooms were average, no more no less. Some internal decoration is needed. The overwhelming friendliness written about often in other reviews didn't come across to us. Sure, the staff weren't rude. Disinterested is a better word and this was at a time when the hotel wasn't busy!

Favorite Greek Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member skyguyWI

This was my fourth visit to Hotel Argo. I discovered the hotel about 5 or 6 years ago and loved it from my first stay. Now it is the only place I consider when traveling to Mykonos.

The innkeepers, Thanasis and Stavroula, made me feel like a part of their family from my first visit. Now whenever I stay at Hotel Argo, I feel as though I am staying with my family. I have never felt that at any other hotel.

The rooms at Hotel Argo are spacious and meticulously clean. The cleaning maid does a fantastic job!

Since the hotel is located outside of Mykonos Town, it is very quiet at night. I always get a good night's sleep there. It's a perfect location for someone who wants to be away from the noise of Mykonos Town but close enough to be able to take part in the nightlife.

The breakfast (included in the room rate) offers a nice assortment of breads, cheese, and eggs along with orange juice and coffee. What a great way to start each day!

I have found Hotel Argo to be an excellent value. As a travel professional (7 years as a Travel Consultant and 17 years as airline staff), I have extensive travel experience. Hotel Argo is truly a rare find.

Lovely Hotel, Great Location, Warm Hospitality

We had a wonderful time at Hotel Argo in Mykonos. Thanassis and Stavroula were warm and friendly and did everything they could to make our stay pleasant. Our room was comfortable and clean and looked out over the sea. It was a short walk to the gorgeous beach and many lovely restaurants. Breakfasts were delicious and had everything you could want. Pick-up from and return to the ferry was a great convenience. Thanks so much.

Awesome location, amazing service by hotel staff

by TripAdvisor Member yancantcook

Hotel Argo:

This is the perfect hotel for Mykonos! It is a family run hotel, run by a brother, sister, and mother. We were picked up from the port by the hotel shuttle and were offered help for our bags. Everyone was so happy and extremely friendly! At checkin, passports were deposited with the front desk. To the right of the front desk is a public laptop for checking email and next to the computer are some guide books to read about Greece. The check in lobby is an open-lounge type of room and very sunny and gets a great breeze.

Location: Literally a 60 second walk to Platis Gialis, one of the featured beaches of Mykonos. On the beach, are many restaurants (>10), which each own their own set of lawn chairs and umbrellas. To use them, you must order drinks or eat a meal there. The waiters are very aggressive in getting your attention. We found that the 2nd restaurant in the block, the 1st one actually on the beach, called Nikos, had delicious food at reasonable prices. Get something seafood from the menu, because all the fish and squid are actually caught same day from the ocean. This is NOT the case in Athens, were most seafood menus say (frozen) next to the fish.

Food: Breakfast was included and it was the best! Included were: orange juice, coffee/tea, Greek pastries, cereal/milk, toast/jams, Greek yogurt/honey, ham/cheese, and an egg dish that changed everyday. The 1st day we had eggs with sausage and the 2nd day we had scrambled eggs. Coffee was great, as it was prepared from an espresso machine.

Service: Like I said, the owners are wonderful and catered to our every need. We were even given a ride back in the hotel shuttle back to the port when we had to depart 2 days later. Everyone says “hello” and “goodbye” as you enter/leave the hotel. We really felt part of the family.

EXCELLENT value for money

We have just returned from a four night stay at Hotel Argo. Thanasis picked us up from the airport AND dropped us off to meet our ferry FREE of charge (Upon leaving, I asked if they could call a taxi for our transfer and I was told that was not necessary as Thanasis would drop us off). I would only expect this level of service at a luxury hotel (which by the way we did stay at in Santorini and had to pay 20 euro for pick up!).
Our room was very clean and spacious. Rooms were cleaned daily.
Breakfast is available every morning and consists of bread, cheese, ham, eggs, juice, coffee, tea, fruit and cereal -among other things. Please be aware this is a TYPICAL European breakfast and traveller's should not be disappointed.
Location could not have been better! Less than a minute walk to the beach with many great restaurants with sea views.
The bus stop to Chora (downtown Mykonos) is closer than the beach and tickets can be purchased directly across the street for 1.10 Euro. Transit to Chora approximately 8-10 minutes.
Scooter/quad rental available across the street. If you are not pleased with them, the hotel can recommend another place which will pick you up...very convenient.
Water taxi is available on the beach, which will take you to Elia/Super Paradise/Paradise Beach, etc
I cannot say enough about this hotel....by far the BEST value for money we have ever come across. If we ever get an opportunity to return to Mykonos, we will be staying with Hotel Argo....without a doubt!!

Wonderful hotel, wonderful family

Me and my husband have just returned from 4 days at Hotel Argo, we very much enjoyed our time there and received the warmest of welcomes from the lovely family who run the hotel. The service was excellent, as was the food and the rooms. We grew very fond of the family there and we both agree they were some of the nicest people we have ever met. The hotel and its location is perfect, 2 mins walk from the beach, easy access to bus routes to the town, the views from the hotel are great. All this made for us to have a great time in Mykonos. Well done to the lovely family who do such a great job in running this wonderful place. We will definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.
Sargon and Jamie Simon, England

Loved it

Myself and family, three of us spent one night at the Argo. We were transported to the hotel by Thanassis one of the owners who picked us up at the ferry even though we did not arrange for a transfer. The view was great. We had abalcony overlooking an inlet and the Aegean sea. The white buildings with deep blue trim and windows were scattered on the hills surrounding the hotel. he sister of Thanassis who also is part owner runs the place. She is absolutely wonderful. A real human being which is hard to find in our world today. I heartily recommend you stay there when in Mykonos.

Argo very enjoyable

by TripAdvisor Member rodaverich

I would repeat the compliments of the earlier reviewers. We stayed at the Argo in late June. The property is attractive, clean, and conveniently located a few steps from the bus stop and the beach. But the best feature is the friendliness and service of the owners (brother and sister), who go out of their way to accommodate and assist the guests.

The cutest rooms

by TripAdvisor Member dittypop25

This hotel is small and quaint with cute rooms. It has fantastic views of the beach and is a 5 minute walk from the beach. Even better than the rooms is the family that owns it. They are the most accomodating people I have ever met. This made the experience off the charts for us.

MykonosMykonos

The church of Panagia (Virgin Mary) Paraportiani.The church of Panagia (Virgin Mary) Paraportiani.

not the accomodations but they are to the leftnot the accomodations but they are to the left

Hello! Iassou! Bar area.Hello! Iassou! Bar area.

Comments