Ilio Maris Hotel Mykonos

Booking.com Travelocity Otel.com

Costs 159% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Mykonos Island

Tavena VangelisTavena Vangelis

The church of Panagia (Virgin Mary) Paraportiani.The church of Panagia (Virgin Mary) Paraportiani.

taken from our balconytaken from our balcony

View from the TagooView from the Tagoo

Choosing the Island

by Dallie

Hi! =) My family and I are going on holiday to Greece. Just incase it might help, I'm fourteen and my younger brothers are thirteen. My dad told me that we're going to Mykonos for four days, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what we could go do as a family, or on our seperate ways. Next thing is that we get four more days to go on another island, and we get to choose which one. We're travelling on July 14, and I dont know if I have enough time to do research on all the islands, pick one and still find a hotel reservation with the rates my dad wants and all. So might anyone be able to recommend an island that could be our second choice?

Side stuff: it says to include things about oneself, so im going to add that we are looking to spend time on beaches, and trying new things. We're not too interested in shopping and stuff, yet we dont just want to walk around a place and muse about what happened here and there. I would, but on the whole, my family won't.

RE: Choosing the Island

by Brimful

Your second choice of an island should be definateley SINTORINI. As for Mykonos .. well as a family u can visit the beaches .. walk around the dreamy streets .. admire the arcitecture .. nothing much else to do for your age group .. i suppose. :) But do go .. Mykonos is a great party island and yes, dont forget to say a hello to the pelicans there .. they are preety friendly actually. :)

RE: RE: Choosing the Island

by Dallie

Hey Brimful, thank you for your suggestions. I was definitley thinking of Santorini as a second choice.

Travel Tips for Mykonos Island

Mykonos Blues

by Confucius

This is one of my favorite photos and it's just a tourist gift shop in Mykonos. What makes it special in my opinion is the splendid choice of blue paintings decorating the outside of the shop. If blue is your favorite color then you can't help admiring the way this scene catches your eye immediately after walking past countless white buildings.
This hue of blue is remarkably similar to the shade of blue that is used to paint the domes of churches on Greek islands. I like how the blues of the sea and sky are a near match, and so when all of these paintings are placed together it resembles an Aegean daydream which comes to life just a hundred meters away from where this photo was taken. Window shoppers will notice the reproductions of Greek antiquities framed by the paintings.
In what became a common theme throughout my tour of Greece, I chose to photograph these souvenirs in place of purchasing them.

Mykonos: Waterfront Church

by Phalaenopsis03

There are hundreds of Greek churches like this one dotting the island. They are typically small, private chapels that are locally owned. We stepped inside the small space of this church and experienced something both eerie and magical at the same time.

Mykonos

by rlw1153

Mykonos is an interesting island. Although we were only there for a day the we saw the main town. The mascot pelican. Actually there were two of them.

The windmills are very picturesque. But the there is no doubt as to why they are there.... howling winds.

The food is tasty and with great scenery to enjoy.

"Mykonos Pelican"

MYKONOS ISLAND, GREECE

by Phalaenopsis03

" IT'S THE WAY TO LIVE "

Considered one of the "hot" spots on the Mediterranean with a notorious reputation for partying, Mykonos isn't just for jet-setters, party-goers, and folks with alternative lifestyles. Nope, it's an oasis for everybody - its local citizens and the global visitors it attracts. And unlike other Greek villages, in Mykonos you won't find any remnants from antiquity or be reminded of a bygone civilization. Instead, you'll witness a simple, yet beautiful community filled with whitewashed neighborhoods and people with colorful traditions.

Quck Facts on the Cyclades:

Population: 95,600; Amorgos 1630, Anafi 250, Andros 8781, Antiparos 819, Folegandros 650, Ios 2000, Kythnos 1632, Little Cyclades 624, Milos 4390, Mykonos 6170, Naxos 18,000, Paros 9591, Santorini 9360, Serifos 1020, Sifnos 2900, Sikinos 287, Syros 19,870, Tinos 7747
Area: 2572 sq km (993 sq mi)
Regional capital: Ermoupolis (Syros)
Country: Greece
Time Zone: GMT/UTC+2 (+3 in summer)
Telephone Country Code: 30