Ornos Beach, Ornos, Mykonos, 84600, Greece
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Mykonos Island

PelicanPelican

Mykonos night timeMykonos night time

The church of Panagia (Virgin Mary) Paraportiani.The church of Panagia (Virgin Mary) Paraportiani.

Windmill near our hotelWindmill near our hotel

Travel Tips for Mykonos Island

A MEDIC PLEASE!

by Orkaena

OK, if you have any problem like an overexposure to the sun (burn! burn!) or some stomach illness (come on... hangover...!) or whatsoever, then you can get a good medical attention. The doctor Assimomitis can take care on you, located just downtown Hora this medic is very professional and attentive. Don't hesitate, just call by phone or go to his consultory One day after beach some red spots appeared in my legs because the overexposure (burn! burn!), and he solved my problem with medicines and advices.
Located on Matogianni st n° 44, phone 22633

Mykonos: The Peace and Serenity

by Phalaenopsis03

Hours of island exploration left us beat. And so, we did like these two locals and took a seat in full view of the harbor. Ahhh, I can still remember the fresh Mykonos air, which is so unlike the polluted one I’m breathing right now in New York City (cough, cough).

Oh My Mykonos!

by thevillephil

"Mykonos... leave the kids at home!!!"

I am pleased to report that this port has been one of my two or three favorites. The island was loaded with people from all over the world, including more Americans than I have run into anywhere else we have been

Busses took us hourly to the downtown area of Mykonos which is unlike any downtown I have seen.

There are no tall buildings or mammoth hotels in the whole town. All the buildings look very much to the same to the casual eye. The best description I can give would be if people made their homes out of giant square Legos, covered them with white plaster, cut out windows and doors and attached blue shutters and doors. Most of these places seem to share walls so the whole place has a look almost like the Hopi Indian Villages in the Rocky Mountains or, for you Star Wars fans, a lot like Mos Eisley if you painted it white. And as for roads… well the town was originally designed to be a labyrinth so pirates and looters would get lost in the maze of streets… which were not really streets as we would define them in the US. Some of these were so narrow you could touch both sides with your hands. And no street signs were to be seen as far as I could tell. Fortunately I had the foresight to find something of a map online so after a few wrong turns we were able to navigate pretty well.

But what has made Mykonos one of the top playgrounds in the Mediterranean is not the town… it’s the beaches. There are at least a dozen beaches around the island and all of them are different. These vary from small strips of sand to large open stretches covered with bars, restaurants and surf shops. Some are covered with families and seniors soaking up the sun while others are filled with party-goes of all ages, nationalities and orientations soaking up drinks. First and foremost of these are Paradise Beach and Super Paradise Beach.

After a light lunch and a round of local beer at an outdoor restaurant right next to the bay, my shipmates and I made our way through the streets to the bus terminal where we caught the bus to Paradise Beach. The ride was about 15 minutes over amazingly narrow roads through rocky terrain with very sparse vegetation consisting of palm trees, cactus and shrubs. Scattered Lego-houses and Lego-churches dotted the landscape. Most of the traffic on the roads consisted of other buses or mopeds and scooters. The bus dropped us near a couple of snack stands and after a short walk we found ourselves suddenly in the middle of the party.

And what a party! This place was like being in a movie. Without being too detailed about all of the things I saw there (my Mother and Grandmother do read these) all I can say was that I was blown away. What passed for tables and bars during the daylight hours were transformed into miniature dance floors at night. There are some people that are paid by the bars to look beautiful and dance on the bar and tables to get things going. I am both pleased and horrified to admit that yours truly, the man born without rhythm, was actually dancing on a makeshift stage/platform at one point. I don’t have any pictures of this but if I find a shipmate who does I will send some out so you can all laugh like you never have before. But you know what? I had fun and from what I could see I was not the only one with a rhythm deficiency up there. I had a blast.

Overall Mykonos was absolutely wonderful. I have to rate it the third best place I have visited behind only Rome and New York City. I would HIGHLY recommend it as a honeymoon destination or a getaway destination… without the kids… the place was not catered at all to anyone too short to see over a bar. If you like the beach, good food, shopping, drinking, dancing and sleeping this place is truly paradise. One word of caution though: Mykonos is also famous for nudity on the beaches (even the ones right in town) and for being a haven for gay travel and tourism. So if the sight of some flesh you aren’t used to seeing in the US or the sight of openly gay couples bothers you this is not the place to visit.

Fun In The Sun

by cheekymarieh

Island hopping around the Cyclades one year with a Greek friend brought me to the island of Mykonos. As my brother was visiting the same group of islands with a friend at the same time we met up on the island.

Comments