Naxos - Chora (town of) Hotels

Our Members Say

• INSULARIUS profile photo INSULARIUS
  • Reviews: 201

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

"Hotel Orkos Beach": "Combine Affordable Luxury and Kitesurfing"!

It is 20 min drive away from Naxos Town, in an unspoilt beach (the beach of Orkos is only 30 metres away!) and combines modern facilities with the traditional Cycladic architecture.

The hotel is a group of studios, rooms and apartments.It comprises of 23 studios, 14 rooms and 7 apartments, all fully equipped.

At the opposite side, there is a taverna and a supermarket.

The hotel possesses its own kitesurfing school.

You can combine quiet holidays, in a hotel that offers affordable luxury, on one of the most beautiful beaches of Naxos and at the same time, you can learn kitesurfing.

The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated with paintings.

The only drawback (but, it can be also a unique quality): it is a little bit faraway from Naxos Town and you should be prepared for a half an hour driving!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Surfing, Water Sports, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written September 10, 2009

• IANCONOLLY profile photo IANCONOLLY
  • Reviews: 1

PENSION KASTELL: FRIENDLY ACCOMODATION

Stayed 4 nights in April,2009.Pension situated with a view across to the back of the castle. I had a studio room with balcony which had all the necessary facilities and everything was very clean. It was up some stairs-no lifts but I am 74 and had no problem.The breakfasts were excellent and included fresh fruit. The area was quiet at night. I was picked up from the ferry and taken there when I left. The harbour was about a 15 minute walk through the delightful old town which contained two good Greek restaurants.
As it was out of season, I paid 26E for the double room and 5E for the breakfast.

Nicole Katsaras was a great hostess who came originally from Germany and spoke excellent English.Her husband was Greek.She has lived many years on Naxos and was a good source of information about the island. She was a most pleasant person who went out of her way to make her guests feel welcome and enjoy their stay. I would not hesitate to recommend this pension to anyone who wants a nice room in a convenient and distinctive place in the town.
I need to point out that I am an active tourist who is out all day and does not require bars, swimming pools etc in my accomodation.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Seniors, Hiking and Walking
  • Written May 12, 2009

• triciadaouros profile photo triciadaouros
  • Reviews: 22

Hotel Glaros: Great Spot on St. George's Beach

We stayed here for 4 nights in September 2005. We loved the location right on the beach and easy walk into Naxos beautiful hora.

We actually stayed in three diffrent rooms here, all the rooms were clean and well appointed. Breakfast was brought to our room every morning. The room on the top floor was the largest and of course had the best view.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written April 11, 2006
Tip Photo

Room on top floor at Hotel Glaros

• b1bob profile photo b1bob
  • Reviews: 2338

a small cottage: Cheap accommodations

I met Spyros and he and I got on well straightaway. He had spent 4 years in Astoria, New York (the poor thing!) and spoke English even better than Thanasis. What really cracked me up was when we talked about cars, he said in the strongest New York accent, "How much does it cost?" in that unmistakeable New York accent. At Spyros' summer house (a plain old everyday cottage, not some spacious villa you would think of in the Greek Islands) he introduced me to his female cousins. They were not real pretty, but they were cute. They both speak English very well and one speaks French. It drove Thanasis and Spyros dotty when I spoke French with her. The cottage Thanasis and I stayed in was owned by a neighbour of Spyros' family. It cost Thanasis and me 3000 drachma (don't worry folks, that was something like $20) total for the 2 nights we spent there.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 2, 2003
Tip Photo

Thanasis playing with dog outside our cottage

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful

Instant Answers: Naxos - Chora (town of)