Villa Marandi

Villa Marandi Luxury Suites
Booking.com Hotelsclick.com Priceline.com

Costs 1106% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Villa Marandi

Exceeded our expectations !

We have traveled extensively in the Greek Islands and have visited Naxos a number of times. The Villa Marandi is very, very nice. Beautiful setting. George, Julie and Nick went beyond merely attentive; they could not have been more gracious. The room was spotless, large and had a great view. The breakfast buffet was always very good. We will stay there again on our next trip.

(You will need a car since the Villa Marandi is not quite within walking distance of town but rentals on Naxos are reasonable.)

incredible vacation

by TripAdvisor Member psgriswold

We just returned from a 10 day family holiday at the Villa Marandi and can't say enough positive things about our experience. The facilities are wonderful. Clean, spacious rooms with incredible views. Fantasic breakfasts (try the yogurt with cherry sauce). Great pool area. Nice location- close to town, airport, beaches. The most incredible aspect to this property, however, is the staff. I have never felt more welcomed and cared for in a hotel/resort than we did at the Villa Marandi. Our party included a gay couple (celebrating 20+ yrs together), their parents, friends and family. The staff went out of their way to make all of us feel wanted and supported. Leaving was as emotional as saying good-bye to loved ones. We will all cherish our experience here and highly recommend it to any one who is looking for a truly special Greek holiday.

Very disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member ymc4

We travelled around Greece for a month and staying five nights at the Villa Marandi was our most disappointing experience. The beach was constantly windy, had lots of rocks and covered in trash...we would have to drive to a beach that was clean and swimable. Our room had no view and the beds were cots and hard as rocks. There are lots of lovely beaches and hotels in Naxos, but this is not one of them. I can only think that the people who wrote the positive reviews have not traveled much.

Home away from home

It is true that Villa Marandi is like "home away from home".
We enjoyed everything from the relaxing sunbathing near the swimming pool or on the beach, to the great food and music! But the special touch comes from George (the owner) and all his staff, attention to details and making us feel so welcome.
We will definitely be back.

Dave & Catherine,
San Jose California

Our secret paradise in Naxos

This gem of a hotel will always be our favourite destination.We have returned every year since 2000 and will again visit in July this year.Why ? Where to start, our friend and Hotel manager George,his wife and family ,members of staff (hi Julie) all make you feel part of their family.The hotel is situated not too far out of town,taxis are cheap or hire a car to get there.The rooms are immaculately cleaned twice a day by the always busy staff.We particularly loved the honey-moon suite,recommended!! The superb menu and wine will tempt you i,m sure.The breakfasts are top class with stunning views of chora and the countryside.A dip in the pool , a cool drink at the well stocked bar,paradise ! We highly recommend Villa Marandi for total relaxation.Hope to see you there,you wont be disappointed.

Absolutely fabulous!

After travelling throughout Italy and Greece with my girlfriend, Villa Marandi and Naxos was indeed the perfect ending to a wonderful trip. We were warmly greeted and the service remained exceptional throughout our 4 day stay. Service was very friendly yet laid back. The attention to personal service and personal touches within all the suites make it unique, special and memorable. George (owner) also helped to make our stay extraordinary with his stories, smiles and good music. Simone and Julie also made our R&R there a pleasure, we felt very well taken care of.

We found the Villa to be very peaceful and relaxing, close to town and some very nice beaches were walking distance away. We stayed in a studio with seaview that took my breathe away, I'd recommend the seaview definately. The private beach in front of the hotel is not really a swimming beach but great for a walk. Food was also very good, I stayed with fresh fish selections, traditional greek foods and I really enjoyed them. I'd recommend this hotel for those looking for something special, memorable and for those that value individualized service. Lastly, the size and kitchen facillities would make it perfect for families. We are already planning our return trip next September, we are bringing a couple of friends with us and we'll join the many of the Villa Marandi repeat guests.

I don't agree with any of these reviews!

by TripAdvisor Member lesliec17

I simply don't understand these reviews. I booked based on them and I am very sorry I stayed there. I am a very seasoned traveller in Greece and have experienced many many Greek hotels. This one would not be on the top of my list. Yes, the hotel has a nice design and the rooms are very large BUT, the bathrooms are terribly small for a hotel at this price range and the shower is awful, small and the curtain does not stop the water from spraying all over the bathroom as is it a shower stall with a curtain and only walls on two sides. So the floor is always wet, YUCK! The location though not as far from town as hotels on the nicest beaches, is down a remote dirt road and the beach is not really a beach but quite ugly, you would never want to swim there. But if you have a room with a view on the water it is nice. It was very windy when we were there and this didn't make it pleasantl. The pool needs to be redone. It reminds me of a cheap motel off a large highway, small and not the least bit inviting. I never once went in. The people are nice enough but I would say a bit passive aggressive (Julie at the desk). The breakfast is very good as I found all the food in Naxos to be. My recommendation would be to stay at the Plaza Beach hotel on Plaka Beach, the beach is just wonderful and if you take the coast road it is not that much farther to town, the inland route makes for a long drive. This hotel is new, spotless, and the pool is fantastic. The rooms may be smaller than the Villa Mirandi but the bathrooms are the same and for 80 EUROS a day as opposed to 245 EU at the Villa Marandi, which I am sorry to say is simply a hugh ripoff! I do not recommend this hotel at all. Sorry.

A wonderful place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member annajo

We stayed for 4 nights in the family room with our 4 children and had a wonderful time. Yes, I agree the beach is nothing to write home about, but if those that have complained about the beach had done their homework they would have known that. Also the cyclades are renouned for the meltemi winds, so again you can hardly blame the resort for that. Our first evening was very windy and we couldn't sit outside on our lovely veranda, but the other evenings were just perfect. We found Villa Mirandi to be very clean and comfortable and the couple of small problems we had were attended to almost immediately. We found the pool to be lovely, our children (ages 9 to 16) spent a lot of time in it and befriended many other children. The bar and restaurant area are wonderful and the breakfasts are fantastic. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful, right down to offering to do all my family washing and ironing when I inquired if there was a washing machine I could use before we left. The beds were a bit hard, but every bed we slept in Greece during our 3 week holiday were the same. We would definitely go back and I recommend it highly, especially for families. Just for the record, we travel overseas a lot and know when we find a good place to stay!

Charmed!

The despites of this special place soon become irrelevancies. Despite the nondescript beach, windy site and half built apartments encroaching on (parts of) the view, the charming ambience, attentive service and stylish accommodation more than compensate.

Rooms: spacious with lush sea views; tasteful rather than luxurious; slightly quirky decor; spotless; lo-fi (no-fi) systems; cheap toiletries. Public spaces: relaxing and picturesque; lovely flowers; atmospheric bar / dining terrace; great pool area; kids play space. Service: super friendly; professional; discreet; excellent cuisine. Value: top dollar (for this island) but worth it compared to the competition .

Flowers in Greece

by soccergrrl

If you've seen my homepage, you know that two things that attract my eye -- and my camera -- are cats (see the previous travelogue) and flowers (right here!). There were wonderful flowers growing on the islands, most notably bougainvillea in all sorts of colors. Here are some of my favorites.

This one (in the top photo) made an excellent landmark for finding our way around the winding lanes of Oia, on Santorini.

When the crayon box spilled over Greece, it really stuck vividly on Santorini.

The bougainvillea outside our door at Villa Marandi was orange . . . We felt a little like we were headed into the jungle getting to our room!

On the patio below our room . . .
My sister paints, and often paints from photographs of beautiful places. I thought this might make a nice painting!

In the Kastro of Naxos Town . . . purple bougainvillea (I told you it bloomed in many colors!). The flowers really brighten up the narrow lanes and passageways that wind among the houses and businesses.

I thought this would be another good painting picture . . . I love the red geranium! There were a number of these ruined/unused doorways in the mazy lanes above the harbor on Naxos.

More bougainvillea, pink this time, and a few yellow daisy-like flowers. It really made me wonder what else was growing behind the wall in this courtyard (but I was too short to see!).

They'll grow anywhere -- including out of the rocks in the archway of this tower in Apiranthos, Naxos. Red bougainvillea this time!

At Villa Marandi, NaxosAt Villa Marandi, Naxos