Ilion Hotel

Saint George, 84300, Greece
Ilion Hotel
Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Naxos Island

One still in good shapeOne still in good shape

A different beachA different beach

Mixed plateMixed plate

View of the TempleView of the Temple

NAXOS HIKING - Walking paths

by p.strongf

Hello,

I would like to know how can we hike in the island of Naxos and also if there are any place in naxos (tourism or something like that) where we can ask for hiking group tours with a guide. And if yes, how many euros can i expect from a daytrip like that.
Thanks

Re: NAXOS HIKING - Walking paths

by p.strongf

Great answer Miss!

I guess i'll look at th Flisvos fitness club a guided walking tour.
Sounds nice.
Also the website from the "belgium" guy, sounds ok.I'm goin' to print it.Just in case

Thanks

Travel Tips for Naxos Island

Beautiful Haven

by soccergrrl

I can't pick one single thing . . . and that's why I chose this picture. I spent a long time thinking what was best, and realized I couldn't put my finger on it. Naxos has a bustling, touristy port town, but other parts of the island make you feel you are alone on planet Earth. There are ancient ruins, and flowers newly bloomed. Here in this picture (taken in the town of Apiranthos) I think my thoughts are summed up. It's a strong tower, and a cliff, and a beautiful work of architecture, and a garden, and a birdhouse . . .

Mikri Vigla beach

by oriettaIT

This beach is on the West side of the island, northern than Naxos town.
I rented a Quad to get there and it was a real fun experience as this part of the island is the most suitable for this kind of bike. There are plenty of unpaved sandy roads along the cost where you will need the 4 wheels and wide sandy areas where you can really enjoy the drive and have fun.

Mikri Vigla is a long beach with white sand and crystal blue water, it is very large with some intersting rocks in the right side forming little sandy cove.
There were some cedar trees for the shade and one beach rental with sunbeds and umbrellas. There were also a small taverna.

With a quad you can drive back to Naxos town following the sandy roads that go north along the cost but I would not try those with a different kind of scooter. Too easy to get stuck in the sand.

On your way north you will see several other wonderful smaller beaches worth a visit.

Take as little as possible

by Susi_Blackforest

Take one small suitcase with good wheels, one handbag and one rucksack or beach bag. Sunglasses, flip-flops, thin cotton spaghetti tops, skirts, dresses, shorts, sunhat. No trousers or warm clothes with sleeves needed in the middle of summer, unless you need to cover up because you had a sunburn... Lots of strong sun tan lotion and insect repellent, otherwise toiletries can be bought at any super market. Digital camera. Swim gear. Don't worry if you have forgotten anything from home, you can get everything that's needed for a holiday at your local super market or at Naxos town.

Full Moon through the Apollo's Temple Gate

by SirRichard

Seeing the full moon through the gate of Apollo's Temple was a captivating experience for me. I had to wait nearly an hour till the moon raised and appeared inside the gate, but it was worth the waiting!

The cafes of Halki

by xuessium about The cafes of Halki

Face it. It's a small town/big village. Stay and wander long enough, you'll get to know every eatery and tavern soon enough.

I had 6 hours in the interior and really spent 4 hours roaming around to the point I think you can actually see the tracks I took from space.

The village is sleepy but pretty charming and rustic in its own way. I have no way of knowing the exact name of the eatery I had my lunch but sitting under a vine canopy, having lemon pork pasta with Greek coffee, watching Greek lads playing Backgammon and a light gentle breeze blowing....well!!

Halki Cafe on the other hand, sits along the main street and attracts a fair share of customers who were waiting for their bus back into Hora. The interior was a tad gloomy and many old gentlemen sat forlorn at dusty corners, staring into space with a cup of coffee around their hands. I myself? I joined the scene peeling out of a flaking oil painting, except I chose most gratefully for a hearty cup of cold Cappuccino Fredo. Nothing really really sticks out.

In this case, it was really about being there at the moment.

Comments