Nisos Sifnos Hotels

Our Members Say

• ashk88 profile photo ashk88
  • Reviews: 9

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Alexandros Hotel: Like being home..

All three times I've stayed at Alexandros, it has been magnificent and I never want to leave! The hotel's ran by a family and everyone in the family will make sure you're stay will be the best and help you if you're in trouble.
Their the fine breakfast is served at a beautiful "balcony" with a view over Platys Yialos and in the pool area they have big couches in the shadow for relaxing, deck chairs, and a lovely poolbar.
All the rooms are just great, some of them with better views than the other of course, and they all have airconditioning and nice bathrooms.
The hotel is situated only a 2 minute walk from the beach, where there's restaurants, bars and a little shop for sunscreen, water and so on.
A bus leaves several times a day in front of the hotel which can take you to Apollonia, the main city.
Go here - you absolutely won't regret it!

The helpfull and friendly staff together with their great sense of creating a homelike, though a bit luxurious atmosphere, makes a stay at Alexandros something you don't want to miss.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel
  • Written January 20, 2009

• vrondy profile photo vrondy
  • Reviews: 9

SIMEON: Apartments with a VIEW

Sept 2005 was our 3rd visit to SIFNOS and we are fortunate to have found Simeon
Apartments in Kamares .
The place is run by an elderly couple Maria and Simeon ; they offer studios and apartments
all spotless clean and with a view on the port and beach .

• Written October 21, 2005

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

ROOMS TO LET: A LITTLE HOME ON THE SEA

Our second time in Sifnos we arrived without any kind of reservations (like always...), we asked a friend of us, Giorgios Govas, (who many years ago had a pretty nice restaurant beside the pier) about what can we do about it, he told us: "Just wait a minute" and taken the phone, after a short conversation with someone he told us "Your problem is solved, can you see this little house on the other side of the bay? this one with the trees between the door and the sea? well, this is your new home here in Sifnos, just in front of the port of Kamares".
Ten minutes later came a shorty round shaped woman with a nice smile in her lips, and talking to me in greek at the speed of sound told me something like "Just follow me".
After a short ride in an old dusty car we arrived to the other side of the narrow bay, and the modest house was like a palace for us, large rooms, tall windows, extremely clean, full equipped, with a wonderful terrace just over the level of the sea and with three big trees giving us their fresh shadows like a welcome gift.
"Do you like it?" asked the woman.
"Omorfa!" was my answer, meanwhile I was thinking if this greek adjective is possible for a house.
"Endaxi!" she replied with a brightful smile.
Five days in this home was a complete dream for us, enjoying the nights dinning on the terrace under the stars meanwhile the melody of the waves sang for us.
At all, I just remember it was very cheap for us, for those days (1996) was something like 4.500 drachmes per day, more or less 20 dollars (cents more or cent less).
The pic beside shows the view of the house (center of the pic with the trees) from the pier of Kamares. Now, you tell me, isn't it a perfect place?

Large bedroom, luminous, with a terrace right on the waves of the Aegean Sea, and a stair to our own micro-pier, in case we had a boat or something.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written August 14, 2005

The house of my dreams

ANTHOUSSA HOTEL: FIRST IMPRESSION, GREAT IMPRESSION

When I was arrived for first time to Sifnos, looking for my greek roots, I choose the Anthoussa Hotel (indeed my friend Constantinos choose it from Athens right by phone). The right blind done choice.
Located in Apollonia, the capitol town of Sifnos, on the tophill far away from the sea (no too much, 6 kilometers more or less)
Mr Hierontopoulos, the owner, is a very kind man, attentive and hiperactive, working in the hotel, or the Zaharoplastiky (patisserie), or the beautiful small bar, or serving pizzas on the outdoor lounge.
Despite it isn't located on the beach the view is nice, the surrounding hills are spreaded with olive trees and some small vineyards, with the typical cycladic architectonic style houses. Beautiful indeed.

Very clean, well equipped rooms, good services, friendly people proud of their island.

• Written August 13, 2005

HOTEL BOULIS: FROM YOUR BED TO THE BEACH

The Boulis Hotel is located at Kamares, the port of the island, right on the beautiful beach beyond the pier and at five minutes walking from the commercial (only one) street, where you can find from a little supermarket to a nice restaurant.
Two stars ranked, this modest hotel is clean and luminous, and the atention is supported by a very serviceable staff.
Just a couple of steps and you'll be swimming in the blue Aegean Sea.

Close to the pier, on the sandy beach, close to pubs, bars and everything, very calm.

• Written August 13, 2005

View from my balcony

• YolandaC profile photo YolandaC
  • Reviews: 104

Mosha Pension: Great breakie

Mosha Penision lays on the outskirts of the port town of Kamares, a short walk down the beach. It's run by an older women who looked after her some grandchildren during the day. The rooms were average, but hospitality was exceptional. It felt like being at home with my own mom, with out the chatter and guilt.
Breakfast was abundance everyday. Fresh squeezed orange juice, strong coffee, toast, eggs, tapioca pudding (or maybe that was oatmeal) and fruit yummy, yummy, yummy. The room we stayed in had a great private, covered patio covered in a lush, fragrant vine.

Private
Very local, it really felt like being dropped right in the middle of a community
Breakfast