Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

by: aj03INDOby: aj03INDO

Travel Tips for Oia

Bell Tower

by zindara

This bell tower is famous and beautiful (no doubt).
Try to find it, specially when the sea is dark blue (maybe before sunset). Thus the contrast between the white bell tower and the sea is beautiful.

A castle?

by Sharrie

On my way down, I spotted this castle... or fortress... whatever. All I know is, no way am I going to climb up there & then down again & up again back to Oia. That's insanity! Even though I love castles, but the heat was just too much to bear!

So, people, all you see here is a photo of it. If anyone on VT managed to climb up there, do let me know. I'd love to see what it's like up there!

Sharrie's Oia Fairy-tale

by Sharrie

OIA! Known for its awesome sunset & romantic environs, to me, Oia is more beautiful in the day. Well, at least for me, that's the case. On the other hand, VT member Ivan_Jimenez was lucky to capture the most spectacular sunset I've seen so far. The setting was perfect for him that day; then, he had been there for 3X ;-) Naturally, plus his highly-skilled photography (hehe... better clarify this b4 any blood-shed ;-)).

Ok, back to Oia. It's definitely a more enjoyable & relaxing town than Thira. It's quaint & has many beautiful craft shops. Audrey, this place is heavenly for you. The sales persons are all so friendly & nice. I had enjoyed talking to 2 of them & one has actually given me her email address so that we could keep in touch. If all the sales force is anything like she is, there wouldn't be any recession in this world!

Oia is definitely the best place to relax. The cafes at the roof tops have magnificent views & the hostesses are some of the very best in the world. All in all, I've enjoyed Oia tremendously; it's truly a heavenly place & a place where fairy tales come true!

Comments