Booking.com Splendia.com Jetsetter.com

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Katikies Hotel

Simply a place you can't leave

by traveltango about Katikies

If you want to live like a king and have all you need as far as sunshine, views, and people that will just spoil you, this is the place. Facing out from the Caldera in IA, Katkies offers perhaps the best on-going views of Santorini and the Agean. The 20 or so rooms are spread accross the edge of the world all of them offering privacy with your own wonderful balcony looking out to the world. Secluded and tastefully done in the most Greek custom. All rooms are private, there not all hovering over each-other. All rooms have amenties, running water with private shower and bathroom. Breakfeast on the balcony overlooking the Agean and the volcano is simply a pleasure everyone must escape too. The pool is the center of attraction, it disappears into the Agean, Looking as though the water disappers over the edge. Big nice bed-size loungers pepper the side of the pool with umbrellas that keep the sundrenching to a minimum. Need some ice to cool off or a Frappe. NO-PROBLEM.. The illusionary pool gives the sensation as if your swimming on the edge of the world. And the views, you can't beat them.
The people that work very hard to make sure every moment is special is what really seperates this place from others. Anything you may need or want they will make sure your well taken care of. All the people are beautiful and attentive to all desires, by the end of the stay they feel like family.
The two resturants they offer capture Greek cuisine at it's best. One of the resturants is set outside, perched above the suites. The views at sunset are just amazing. Intimate only with 6 tables, with two personal servers taking care of all your needs from begining to end. The second resturant set inside a cave over looking the main pool and the Agean is really something special. At a reasonable fixed price your served a seven course authenitic greek meal from special seafood appetizers all the way to Greek coffe and ouzo. A place you just can't leave. I was lucky enough to be literally stranded there for a week, due to a ferry strike.

Loved Villa Katikies

by TripAdvisor Member jlgtrips

Since there is very little information on the Katikies Villas, I thought I'd write a review for this wonderful accommodation. No, it is not the same as Hotel Katikies. If you want to use the pool you see on the hotel website, you will be disappointed. But I don't think your disappointment will last for long. My husband and I stayed in a lovely suite at the Villas. The room was spacious, the veranda charming, the breakfast delicious, and the views spectacular.

The villa manager, Katerina, will bend over backwards to make sure you are comfortable on the property and on the island. She even called to confirm our air reservations, and found out the flight schedule had been changed (apparently Olympic Airlines tends to do that). She made sure we had all of the new information we needed to catch the later flight, and then let us stay in our room until our taxi picked us up at 8:30 p.m.! I'm sure if the new guests had arrived we would not have been able to stay, but that's just one example of the level of service here.

Villa Katikies is like a lovely little private oasis. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Fantastic, but check use of facilities first!

by TripAdvisor Member tantrevlar

We had hoped to stay in the Katikies hotel for our week in Santorini this May. Unfortunately, there was no availability but we were booked in to the Katikies villas and were told that it was just down the road, very new and romantic! Perfect for our honeymoon!
On arriving to the villas the welcome was fantastic and the staff were lovely. Unfortunately, we were not told prior to confirming our booking, that the facilities of the hotel were not available to us - we were not allowed to use the swimming pool which one of the reasons we chose this hotel as it is breathtaking!
The restaurants which are also mentioned on the internet were also 'out of bounds' although we were told we could go on a waiting list as hotel guests have first choice and seeing as there are only 10 tables in total it wasn't surprising that we didn't manage to get a table.
The villas were lovely, more like a spa than a hotel. I would certainly recommend them but the 'pool' at the villas was more like a large jacuzzi, and although deck chairs were provided no sunloungers available to lie out during the day.
I would certainly be happy to go back as the location, staff and surroundings were fantastic - but would suggest if you are thinking of going to check the facilites first. I know we were not the first people to complain or the last.

You will never want to leave

by TripAdvisor Member CP225

My husband and I just returned from our first-year anniversary trip to Greece, and the Katikies Hotel was the highlight of our trip. The service at the Katikies is unrivaled. For example, upon arrival in Athens, we had noticed that we forgot the charger for our digital camera at home. We searched various photo shops in Athens, to no avail. When we checked in at the Katikies (with welcome champagne in hand) and told the concierge about our problem, they took immediate action. After taking our battery, a few hours later, our battery was charged. The hotel sent their driver to locate a photo shop on the island that had the charger we needed. And they only charged us cost (3 euros). The pool is divine; but get there early if you want a good spot. Otherwise, there are other outdoor lounge areas that we enjoyed just as much, with just a short walk to the pool(s). Many people, like us, are hard-pressed to leave the premises. We stayed in room #25, a 2-story suite with an indoor and outdoor hot tub. Pricey, but worth every euro, especially for a special occasion. I cannot imagine a more romantic or relaxing location for a vacation, or a more enchanting resort. Originally, we were scheduled to spend 2 nights in athens, 3 in santorini, and 2 in chania, crete. After the first night at Katikies, we knew we couldn't leave for Crete. We fell in love with Santorini - the hotel provided excellent recommendations for sightseeing and dining. So the concierge rearranged our travel plans. They were completely booked for the duration of our stay, unfortunately, but they happily arranged for us to stay at a neighboring hotel. They helped us find a sailing tour (---), a beautiful catamaran cruise one can take during the day or at sunset. The food served on the boat (and at the hotel)were some of the best we had on our trip. Definitely book a wine tasting at the hotel during the sunset. They set up a table for 4 people only, outside, at sunset. You taste about 8 Greek wines...It was spectacular. The hotel made us feel welcome, at home, and we felt like we had been there for weeks. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Santorini. It is a must. We can't wait to return.

Amazing time

Dear Guests,
I stayed at the Katikies hotel for my honeymoon from April 11-17th. My husband and I had a wonderful time. The staff is wonderful and extremely polite. The hotel is beautiful and the food was great. Each day we would go to a local market and buy wine to drink in our room/terrace. There are romantic quaint restaurants all around the hotel. You will not be bored. There is a village called Amodi near the hotel at the bottom of the clift. The restaurant Katina Grill is wonderful and they have the best seafood. I highly recommend it!! April is the beginning of the season for Greece so it's very quiet and peaceful. The winds are strong some days and the ocean is cold. During this time you can not swim. I recommend trying the summer months if you want to swim in the pool. No matter what time you go, you will definitely have a wonderful time. --Kim and Mike Bumgardner Fuquay- Varina, NC.

A superb place to chill!

by TripAdvisor Member Matt_Shoreditch

Wow! After spending 12 hectic days travelling all around Athens watching the Olympics, we needed a bit of luxury and a place to completely unwind - and we found it at Katikies.
After taking the 35 minute flight from Athens, then a taxi ride from the airport we arrived in Oia, a picturesque village in Santorini and to the Katikies hotel.
After an easy check-in and a glass of champagne, we were shown around the small, but classy resort. The hotel is based on the side of a cliff and affords amazing views of the Caldera below. We were shown all of the facilities, amazing infinity swimming pools, jacuzzi, library, massage, pool bar etc, before being shown around our room. We had decided to stay in the smallest sized room, but this was perefctly fine, and was furnished with antiques along with satellite television, CD player, mini bar etc - everything that you would expect from a duluxe hotel. Our balcony, where a champagne breakfast was served every morning, also had superb views. The other rooms were larger, and if more privacy is required, I would suggest spending some more and booking one of those.
The hotel's service helped to set it apart from other 5 star residences - it was superb. Nothing was too much trouble, and we were even given a mobile phone to call reception whenever we needed anything and were out of the hotel - a nice little touch!
Both restaurants, although expensive, offered high class food and service, both in romantic settings, one on a veranda, the other in a little cave. Both, however, need to be booked in advance as seating is extremely limited.
We spent five days just chilling out, although the hotel can arrange a number of (expensive!) trips to see the rest of the island, either by land or sea. Oia itself, was a pretty village, with a number of Galleries and boutiques, as well as a number of excellent restaurants, all catering for the descerning visitor.
This is a superb hotel, which we will definately be visiting again, which we can recommend highly.

Honeymoon Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member FloridaEurophile

We stayed here for 5 nights of our honeymoon in July 2004, along with several other 5 stars in Greece and Italy. This place was by FAR our favorite- so perfect in every way; it blew away all of our other stops, including Le Sirenuse in Positano. I don't even know how to begin. The setting is stunning- the most beautiful spot I've ever seen. The pool and the small, intimate pool deck were perfectly proportioned and never crowded. The staff was absolutely the most friendly and professional we encountered on our trip and could not do enough for us. They quickly learned our names and treated us like old friends. The room- honeymoon suite #24- was heavenly. In particular, the enormous outdoor terrace of our suite was just incredible- an outdoor jacuzzi, a covered outdoor living room with sofas and table for dining (we had breakfast here each day), and two thickly cushioned lounge chairs with umbrella. We were able to get drinks delivered to this terrace from the pool bar, and we hardly left this spot during our stay, except to go out for dinner. Really, the terrace was at least 3 times bigger than all the other room terraces, and worth every penny. However, even if we had stayed in a standard room, our experience at this hotel would have been wonderful because the common areas and sundecks were beautiful, too. The location is a short stroll into town, along the pedestrian path, and very quiet. The town of Oia is full of cute shops, art galleries, restaurants, etc., and all very accessible on foot. The Katikies restaurants were intimate and stylish, and of course never crowded (there are only 3-4 tables at each one, and they are open only to hotel guests). The food was great, and the settings very unique, with spectacular views and perfect service. It is, as another review said, a mecca for honeymooners. We didn't meet anyone who was not on their honeymoon. It is pure, sultry romance. Truly, I can't say enough about this place. I've run out of adjectives. Suffice it to say- we are going back this summer for our first anniversary, and staying at Katikies for a week. Get there at least once in your life if you can. You won't regret it.

What can I say!!!

My boyfriend and I spent 5 nights in Katikies Hotel and I must say that it was the most perfect 5 days I have had in my life. The manager was there to give us a private tour of the propery after we had enjoyed a complimentary glass of champagne on check in, and informed us that we had been upgraded not once, not twice, but three times and opened the door to our suite.

For this room(s) we were only paying 225 euros a night but included, a large living room with a sofa, chairs, and banquette style seating, tables, small TV and CD player, tasteful antique furniture, a seperate kitchen area with a fridge and a well stocked mini bar, bathroom with seperate shower and jaccuzi bath and marble tiles. The room was completed with an upstairs room with a large comfortable bed and bizarrely, a set of stairs that went nowhere! When the maids came in for turndown in the evening of our first day, they must of noticed that we had taken some of the pillows from downstairs to our bed and had replaced these with no less than 6 extra large fluffy pillows. This was to be an indication of the excellent level of service that was to follow.

The pool is an 'infinity' pool. and as a previous posted commented, you do indeed feel as though you are floating in the middle of the ocean whilst ambient and relaxing music plays and the sun shines down on you. Underneath the pool down a set of steps a heated whirlpool jaccuzi is in an area carved into the rock. This certainly not being the sort of hotel where they close the pool at 10pm, it was suggested to us by the young and friendly staff that we put on our bathing suits and they would bring down the Champagne that we had ordered to the whirlpool, where we relaxed in the warm water at midnight, in complete privacy looking across and seeing nothing but the ocean in the water water. We made friends with one of the many cats while we where down there and named him 'baby'.

We ate in the fine dining restaurant twice during our stay. As the season had not started properly in April, both restaurants, the fine dining Katikies and the White Cave, had been relocated inside where it was warmer at night. Although there are only four tables, and you can be alone for the first hour if you eat early, the staff were certainly not 'watching over you like hawks' as another posted has mentioned. In fact the atmosphre was so romantic and relaxing I soon found myself laughing and swapping stories like a teenager. The food was superb and I will never forget the chocolate pyramid. We even took a photgraph of it!

I would come again in a heart beat. However, the place is not cheap compared with other greek hotels. Our bill came to almost 2000 euros with all extras, though this was partially due to my habit of ordering Champagne day and night. For honeymooners this place is perfect and I would recomend it to anyone who desires relaxation, romance and comfort.

Outstanding, splendid, amazing

Katakies is the most gorgeous hotel with the most oustanding service. We just returned from our honeymoon and have not stopped talking about our this hotel. The setting is intimate, less than 25 rooms I think. The view is magnificent. The pool is an "infinity" pool and looks like it empties right over a cliff into the sea. The suites are beautiful, the food was the best we had in Greece. The service was outstanding. We would recommend this place to a king. It's perfect. Pure luxury.

This place is superb....

by TripAdvisor Member Limehouse6

The view from the sunloungers around the pool is fantastic. In fact, the view from anywhere in the hotel is fab!!!!. Champagne on arrival and with breakfast (delivered to your balcony) this is truly a very relaxing place. We were upgraded to a suite, (with an enormous jacuzzi) which made the stay even more memorable!!!.. The staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough for you ("would you like a maid to come and unpack your bags?"....we declined....)
It's an easy walk into town and the restaurants we tried were superb, as was the local wine!!
I would really recommend this place if you are looking for a relaxing, romantic, away from it all, destination. Everyone else we spoke to were just bowled over by the place!!

VT audienceVT audience

The Dog Loves the sunset tooThe Dog Loves the sunset too

me and the donkeyme and the donkey

churchchurch

Santorini at the end of the trip?

by sheprose

We'll be in Greece April 4-12. Planning on 2 nights in Athens (Electra Palace Hotel) and plan to go to Santorini and Crete(Chania). Plan on flying to avoid too much wasted time on ferries. Question: which to do first?
Also trying to decide between staying in Fira (Tzekos Villas or Loucas Hotels), Firostefani or Oia (Katikies Hotel or Oia Mare Villas). Any suggestions?

RE: Santorini at the end of the trip?

by AcornMan

On Santorini I highly recommend staying in Firostefani. Fira is too crowded, expensive, and overdeveloped, but you don't want to be too far away from it because that's where the bus stop is, plus there are still things in town to see and do. Oia, while very nice, is a long drive along an extremely winding road. You should definitely visit Oia, but personally I would not want to stay there because it is so isolated, and even more expensive than Fira. Firostefani, on the other hand, is just perfect in my opinion. It's close enough to Fira that you can walk, but it's far enough away that it's quieter and uncrowded. There are still plenty of hotels there and several good places to eat as well. Firostefani is also a short walk from the pleasant and scenic village of Imerovigli, just to the north. It's even quieter than Firostefani. When I went there I hardly saw anyone, and although it's a very nice little place I would not want to stay there because there seemed to be hardly any places to eat and of course the walk to Fira is longer. Enjoy your trip!

RE: RE: Santorini at the end of the trip?

by sheprose

Thanks. Since the hotels are just opening up in April, my guess is that it'll be fairly uncrowded that time of year. Still recommend Firostefani? If so where?
Would you also end the trip there or in Crete?

Comments