Musses Studios

Oia, Greece

More about Musses Studios

Ladies from Lithania, Greece and SpainLadies from Lithania, Greece and Spain

The Village of OiaThe Village of Oia

me and the donkeyme and the donkey

Restaurant 1800Restaurant 1800

place to stay in Santorini

by ynnpar

Does anyone have any recommendations for a moderately priced accommodation in Santorini? One room for a married couple for two or three days in mid-May, ideally in either Fira or Ia. We don't require much, but our days of completely slumming it are long past. I was hoping to stay in range of the 50-70 euro per night. What are my chances?

RE: place to stay in Santorini

by brotherleelove

In Oia check the Musses Studios, Thea Studios, Anemomilos Hotel and Olympic Villas.

by brotherleelove

Karterados is only about 3/4 mile from Fira. Check the Villa Manos there.

by Maurizioago

Have a look at "Euromeeto2007". This is the official page of the 3rd European VT meeting. There you'll find info on that island and some links about accomodations there.

by ynnpar

Thanks so much for the tips. I found just what I was looking for at the Musses Studios.

Travel Tips for Oia

Looking back at Fira

by littlesam1

Looking back at Fira from Oia you can see how beautiful the hike between the two villages could be. The trail leads from Fira an then over the cliff and across the rocks until you reach the entrance to Oia. It does appear beautiful and awesome. However I still had no regrets that I took the bus. If your a little younger than me or maybe a little more adventureous you can take the hike. I'll meet you at the bus station!

Sunset Sightings

by Gillybob

Oia (Ia) on the island of Thira (Santorini) is one of the best places to enjoy the famous Greek sunsets. Choose your spot and you can enjoy any backdrop you want - sunset over Ia itself, sunset with Ia to the left and sunset over the ocean - all of them are beautiful!!! One of the most popular spots is over the ocean from the old castle which is clearly signposted within the village.

During VT EuroMeet 2007, we enjoyed a beautiful sunset on the Friday evening before heading down, what felt like thousands of, steps to Ammoudi for dinner.

Sunset in Oia

by littlesam1

"You have to aim above the heads of the tourists!"

Oia is known for its beautiful sunsets. You will read on the internet about the colorful and romantic sunsets over the cliffs and windmills of Oia. But reading about it is the only romantic thing you can do. Its not romantic. There are literally hundreds of tourists crammed on the sides of the cliff and small streets of Oia trying to get a picture of the sunset. There are cameras clicking all around you. People shoving trying to find the perfect spot for their romantic moment. If you look at the picture featured on the top of this page you will see a large bushy looking object in the bottom center of the photo. Its another tourists head. You have to hold your camera up over your head and hopefully not in the way of the camera behind you in order to get an unobstructed view of the sunset.

After a couple of pictures with more heads than sunsets, I finally found a spot elevated enough so I could hold my camera over everyone elses head to get that perfect romantic view of the sunset in Oia.

The sun is a little lower in this photo. I took way too many pictures of the sunset. I got caught up in the crowd and every time I heard a camera click I felt I needed to take another photo also.

it is beautiful and worth you time to leave Fira for an evening and see the sunset in Oia. But don't be fooled. Its not romantic. Its not private. Its a crowded mess. I was here before the main tourist season began and it was crowded. I can not imagine what it would be like in the heat of July or August during high tourist season. If you want a romantic sunset, get a table on the deck ot Lethos Restaurant in Fira and have dinner during the sunset. Its much more romantic.

Comments