Booking.com Travelocity Hotels.com

Costs 33% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• hmoitta's Profile Photo

My white greek house

around 65 US$ for a one room appartment with kitchen without breakfast

Unique Quality: I loved this place, my house in Greece, with kitchen, living, balcony,pool, great view

More about Oia's Sunset

My white greek house

by hmoitta about Oia's Sunset

around 65 US$ for a one room appartment with kitchen without breakfast I loved this place, my house in Greece, with kitchen, living, balcony,pool, great view

Best Food on the Island & A Sunset View

by brookcoleman about Kyprida

The food is amazing. And, the price is so reasonable because it is off the beaten path. Find this restaurant and go. You can still watch the beautiful Oia sunset, but without the crowds. Everything is great, but be sure to sample the appetizers. They are small and delicious.

Athens: Akropolis, Parthenon,...

by davinachu

Athens: Akropolis, Parthenon, Erechthion.
Mykonos:White church, Coast where are 3 windmills, Paradise and Superparadise beach.
Santorini: Thira(white and blue houses),Oia (sunset).
Rhodos:Old city, palace of the Grand Masters (chess castle)

Oia Sunset

by J_Antunes

Oia is a little jewel incrustrated in the north part of Santorini Island. Its white houses, narrow and winding streets and the sea below makes you remember how amazing this island must have looked like before the hords of tourists, mesmerized by postcards, movies and TV spots arrived.

Anyway, I went to Oia to see what was supposed to be the best sunset of the world. Since we had pretty much digged the entire island we got there quite before the beggining of the show. Gave our stomachs the desired nurishment and to our bodies some rest. Hours passed and the place got pretty crowded, thousands and thousands of people were perched in the tiny streets of the village waiting the magical moment. My eyes couldn't believe what I saw. In my country the sun sets everyday in the ocean. Could these be people of countries where the sun never shines? Well, the sun set, and it was beautiful, yes it was. Have nothing to complain about it. Everyone started clapping their hands and I did the same, why not, and then we all follow through the packed streets of Oia trying to find an exit.

It was beautiful but it is also a master class of Marketing. I'm sure the sun set in similar ways in many other places of the island and the world. And wouldn't it be better to be in a quiet place just holding someone you like and watching the sunset, even if not the best in the world, and not be in the middle of thousands of people??? Anyway I'm being mean, I went there in August I'm sure in other months, with less tourists it might be much better.

Well, anyway been there done that and my tourist passport of "must do things" has another stamp.

Oia - sunset surprise

by meantime

This was the best shot I could get this year, we came last year and it was much better, we picked a day when there was cloud, the early part of the sunset was great and this was the end result, it was still magical and Is worth the visit as there is much more to Oia than the sunset.

"Pizza!"

At the top of the donkey trail turn right and you will come across a cake shop, inside they sell cakes and hot snacks, if you sit upstairs you get this great view over the caldera.

Oia's sunsetOia's sunset

OIA SUNSETOIA SUNSET

Oia - Sunset (2007)Oia - Sunset (2007)

Maria & me in Oia.Maria & me in Oia.

Comments