Paros Hotels

Our Members Say

• samitbabu profile photo samitbabu
  • Reviews: 81

Arian Hotel , Parikia: Artistic hotel , close to Paros Harbour and Centre

We booked at Arian hotel through Booking .com, and I am so glad we chose it.
The hotel is quite close to the port , and if informed beforehand, the owner drives into Port to pick you up.

The hotel is beautifully decorated in an artistic sort of way.
There are flowers, pots, sea shells and beautiful plants everywhere you can think off and inside the hotel.
And that includes greeting you with a flowery bed too.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches, Photography
  • Written August 22, 2010
Tip Photo

• ludogatto profile photo ludogatto
  • Reviews: 453

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

no name: Big appartement for less

we arrived in Aliki late in the evening with our scooter and 2 luggage on....Aliki was little and with the blak of the night we have problem to find sing of AEOT ( Greek B&B) so we asked in a littel travel agency on the port....the girl give us a very big appartement for 30 euros per night...in 2003 we can find a room for less but not a well furnished big appartement for 5/6 pax....the only pity...we have only a little sea view...we spent here 3 nights.....

• Written April 29, 2008
Tip Photo

• watermarked profile photo watermarked
  • Reviews: 2

Athina Studios Naoussa: Nice stay

Athina studios are beautiful, clean and cheap. The studio was cleaned every day, the bedsheets were changed every third day, but you can ask to have them changed sooner.
Athina and her family were also very nice.

We had a studio for 2 persons with balcony and the view over the bay, which was very charming. There's also a small kitchenette with the essentials to prepare breakfast or lunch/dinner. The price for the studio was only 35 euros.

The studios are a 10-15 minutes walk through the charming streets to the center of Naoussa. But on your way back be prepared to walk a steep hill to the studios, which is the price you have to pay for a nice view and the quiet area. We rented a 4-wheeler, or a scooter, which made it much easier. Plus, it's way more fun to explore the island on a 4-wheeler (it's well worth the price, unless you plan to spend all your time on the nearest beach).

• Written October 10, 2007

• johnbrum profile photo johnbrum
  • Reviews: 40

Pension Hara: Nice view

Nice views form these studios/apartments as they are situated at the top of a hill so plenty of steps down to the town/beach,the rooms are clean and comfy some with balconeys with sea views,the rooms are run by a nice lady called Maria ,its about a 10 min walk into the village.

Good views from some of the rooms,the lady who runs them is frendley and helpfull.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written September 28, 2007

• fksoeren profile photo fksoeren
  • Reviews: 3

Hotel Kalypso - appartment: Appartment experience summer 2007

The hotel is located 10 minutes walk north of Naousa center. It's close the beach. The hotel has an extra building some 300 meters from the hotel overlooking the bay of Naoussa. We stayed at a 2 room apartment. The appartment was spacious, with a kitchen a dining/slepping room and a separate sleeping room. In addition there was a nive large balcony. some of the appartments has a small balcony the others has a large balcony.

The apartments was cleaned every day.

We found the apartment well worth the price and would be happy to reccomend others to stay there. The place was central enough and there was restaurants, a bakery, mini markeds and everything you needed within 3 minutes walk.

• Related to: Family Travel, Beaches
  • Written July 16, 2007

View from the balcony

• hhuisman2 profile photo hhuisman2
  • Reviews: 6

Ikia Studios, Aliki Paros island: Clean, cheap and spacious

One of the nicest places to stay would be the very affordable and comfortable A' Class Ikia Studios which were build in 2001 and are very near to the beach. All studios and apartments (some are complete houses) are tastefully decorated and beautiful.

The owner Anna is always very nice. For us Ikia Studios is no longer one of the hotels we stay in, it has become more like a second home

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written June 5, 2007

Ikia Studios Paros

• SWFC_Fan profile photo SWFC_Fan
  • Reviews: 1242

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Elliniko: Good value hotel in Parikia

Hotel Elliniko is a good value budget hotel in Parikia, the capital of Paros.

I stayed here for 2 nights in early June 2006 having been transferred from its sister hotel (Hotel Apollon) due to overbooking of rooms there. This hotel is owned by the same family that owns Hotel Apollon. I don't know whether it's common practice for guests to be transferred between the two hotels as dictated by the volume of bookings - I would hope that it isn't!

Having originally booked for 4 nights at Hotel Apollon (see other tip) at 23 Euros per night for an en-suite private single room, this price still stood when I was transferred to Hotel Elliniko.

Location:

Hotel Elliniko is located on a road parallel to Hotel Apollon, a little further inland but a little closer to the port. Livadia Beach can be reached on foot in a little under 5 minutes, while the port is a 5 minute walk in the opposite direction. The closest tavernas, bars and shops are just a 2 minute walk away.

Room:

The rooms at Hotel Elliniko are classed as A Class, but I would say that my room was slightly inferior to the B Class room that I had at Hotel Apollon. At Hotel Apollon, my room was more spacious, more airy and had much more natural light.

My room contained 2 single beds, air conditioning, satellite TV, a fridge, a dressing table, a wardrobe, chairs and bedside cabinets. Unlike my room at Hotel Apollon, this room also contained cooking facilities (oven hobs, pans, crockery and cutlery) and a small outdoor terrace with a table and chairs.

The bathroom was neither as large nor as clean as at Hotel Apollon and it didn't have a bathtub. Clean towels were provided each day and hot water was available 24 hours a day.

General:

I never went into the main hotel building until I handed my key in to reception upon my departure. My room was in a stand-alone studio in the hotel grounds. However, the hotel's brochure states that there is a hotel bar on site and breakfast can be had in the dining room.

I would summarise this hotel as follows:

Pros:

* Excellent value for money. At just 23 Euros a night, the room is of a good enough standard to be classified as A Class.

* Good location. The nearest beach can be reached on foot in a little under 5 minutes, while the port is a similarly short distance in the opposite direction.

* Cooking facilities. Private rooms have cooking facilities and utensils for those who wish to cater for themselves.

Cons:

* Neither the bedroom nor the bathroom was as spacious or as clean as the room in which I stayed at Hotel Apollon. They weren't dirty, but the decor was a little more faded and there was more dust and a generally less clean feeling.

* I'm not sure that the rooms here deserved to be rated at a higher class than those at Hotel Apollon. In general, the room wasn't as good as at the Apollon, but I suspect that the presence of cooking facilities (which I never had any intention of using) were the reason for it being A Class rather than B Class.

* Lack of hotel facilities. If you want anything more than a private room and the possibility of purchasing breakfast, then this hotel isn't for you.

A good value hotel in a decent location. However, unless you want to cook for yourself, then I would advise staying at the Hotel Apollon instead of here.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written June 23, 2006

Hotel Elliniko, Parikia

• SWFC_Fan profile photo SWFC_Fan
  • Reviews: 1242

Hotel Anna Platanou: Cheap, clean rooms in Parikia

The family-run Hotel Anna Platanou is located in the island's capital, Parikia, a 10 minute walk from the ferry port.

I stayed here in September 2005 for 6 nights as part of a month long island-hopping trip and was very impressed with this hotel.

I booked directly with the hotel via email correspondence and agreed a price of 20 Euros per night, which proved to be excellent value.

The rooms are fairly basic but they possess everything I needed ? they are en-suite, have air conditioning, a fridge, a balcony, satellite TV and are cleaned daily. Breakfast is not available at the hotel.

If you let the hotel know what time you're arriving at the port, they will ensure that somebody (one of Anna's sons) will be waiting for you to transfer you to the hotel. As I was on a flexible itinerary, I didn't know what time I'd be arriving until I got on the ferry from Naxos so was unable to call ahead and arrange a pick-up. However, the hotel owners had taken a guess that I'd be on that ferry and were waiting for me anyway!

The hotel is owned and run by the very friendly Sarris family. After checking in, mother Anna showed me a map of the island and explained what sights were worth seeing, which beaches were best for swimming and how I could get around the island by public transport. Later in the week when I went to collect my passport from the family's living quarters (the family live on the first floor of the hotel), I was treated to a piece of homemade cake!

While this is not the most central hotel, it is well worth the 10 minute walk into town. An excellent, value-for-money hotel with friendly owners!

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written November 14, 2005

Hotel Anna Platanou

• kia81 profile photo kia81
  • Reviews: 79

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Garyfalia Apartments and Studios: A great and warm welcome!

Our stay in Garyfalia apartments was wonderful! Ms.Ipapanti adn her mother gave us a warm welcome and they were both very kind!
The apartments, were I stayed with my boyfriend and two friends of mine, was composed by two bed rooms, one very small livingroom with a table and a kitchen corner and one bathroom with wc adn shower.
Ms.Ipapanti was so kind that several times let on the table some presents...fresh fruits, melon and also cakes!!

-Daily cleaning (both rooms and bathroom); --Change of towels everyday;
- Daily washing of the pottery
-Closeness to the city center of Noussa (5 minutes on foot);
- Private street very quiet!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Beaches
  • Written September 8, 2005

• davidburrows profile photo davidburrows
  • Reviews: 9

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cyclades Hotel and studios: great value

The accommodation is fine unless you want 4* luxury - spotless studio rooms have aircon, satellite tv, fridge, stove etc. Its a reaaly welcoming place and weve been back for around 12 yrs+ Tha accommodation is close to the main beach, yet away from the main road.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written August 3, 2005

• ysio profile photo ysio
  • Reviews: 140

private apartaments: KOHILI studios

Very nice, clean house, close to Sea and close to little city center. Is located in small village Piso Livadi, on South part of Paros.
I paid 20EUR per night (low seson) for rooms with sea view you have to pay up to 40EUR.

• Written July 12, 2005

• Yogues profile photo Yogues
  • Reviews: 22

Hotel Antirides: Beautifully renovated

Hotel Antirides is a beautiful hotel in Naoussa that has been newly renovated with spacious rooms, beautiful furnishings and the best bathrooms I've seen in Greece. All rooms have balconies with a view of the ocean. The "Continental Breakfast" is much more than I expected.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 17, 2005

Hotel Antirides

• TRAVELGIRLUSA profile photo TRAVELGIRLUSA
  • Reviews: 5

Hotel Alkion: Hospitality at it's sweetest

I have stayed here on 2 occassions in the past 7 years and Demos, the owner, will make every effort to ensure your stay is pleasant. It is a 15 minute walk from the boat dock. It is directly on the ocean with great breezes (no air conditioning). There are many places to eat and the night life can be as wild or as romantic as you desire. This is not for anyone who believes that a hotel is required to provide 100+ ammenities. It is for the adventurous layed back travel person. I may be off on the price a little-----I haven't been for a few years and the euro has arrived since then.

Ocean front

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Beaches
  • Written November 12, 2004

• mapakettle profile photo mapakettle
  • Reviews: 524

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Margarita's Studio: Very warm and inviting...loved it!

We arrived on Paros on a very hot July afternoon, and were accosted by dozens of island folk, all trying to sell us a place to stay. We had accomodation already, which was suggested by another VT member, Befana.

By the time we walked to Margarita's Studio, in Parikia, we were dehydrated, tired, and Ma Kettle was cranky (I was fine...of course).

Margarita met us outside, and promptly chastised us for not calling for a ride (in an extremely polite and kindly manner). She took us to the room, which was large, bright, and above all, cool. Minutes later, she brought us cold drinks, fruit, and Greek coffee. What a wonderful greeting, and the fruit was so welcoming.

As mentioned, the room was large, three beds, a desk, wardrobe, table/chairs, and a decent bathroom with shower. Extremely clean, and quite pleasing to the eye.

We had a TV, A/C with remote control (kept on top of the wardrobe) which was most efficient. Take note however, the A/C shuts off if you open the patio doors.

Just off our room, we had a very private sitting area outside on the patio, with two chairs and a table, plus a clothes line to hang your wash.

Very inexpensive, very clean, and Margarita was an extremely 'NICE' person. I would return with no hesitation, and would encourage others to book there as well.

It is located two minutes from the main market area, and another three minutes to the beach.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written August 21, 2004

lots of room...extremely clean

• befana profile photo befana
  • Reviews: 6

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Margarita Rooms & Studios: Best Deal In Paros!

I lived at Margarita's studios for four months (9/2003-12/2003). Her rooms are immaculately clean and nicely furnished-not the usual pine bed and cold atmosphere of so many places in Greece! They offer free transfer from the port and all rooms have a/c and heat for those who wish to enjoy Paros in the winter (a great experience).All this-and her prices are REASONABLE!

Her studios have a wonderful cycladic flair and are nicely decorated with objects and touches from the nearby Yria ceramic studio.
There is a wonderful peaceful atmosphere, however, it is 5 mins walk to the main town, beach and public transportation.
Her garden is a delight, but the biggest delight of Margarita's studios is Margarita herself. Her welcoming smile can make even the most tired and frazzled tourist feel that they truly have a 'home' in Paros.

• Related to: Seniors, Budget Travel, Business Travel