Sea View Hotel

Sea View Hotel
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 1.5 star hotels

More about Paros

Healthy Eating Par Excellence!Healthy Eating Par Excellence!

Outdoor terrace at Hotel EllinikoOutdoor terrace at Hotel Elliniko

Shadows and lights in NaoussaShadows and lights in Naoussa

we know their timetable off by heart...we know their timetable off by heart...

PAROS NIGHTLIFE????

by Bradj

Hey everybody,
I hope to go to Paros between Jun 29 and Jul 7. Does anyone have an idea about how would it be on those dates?
And nightlife? I heard that it has a lively nightlife but is that really true?
Are they open till morning?
Where shall I stay at? Noussa or Parikia to have easy access to the beaches and nightclubs?
Thanks in advance...

RE: PAROS NIGHTLIFE????

by brotherleelove

It will definitely be busy on Paros by June 29. Which is more important, beaches or nightlife? Naoussa is for the beaches, Parikia is for nightlife, but it's not a 20-something club scene there if that's what you want. Go to Ios for that. Parikia is a better all-around choice. You can get to the beaches by bus or rent a motorscooter for that.

This is where I stayed last year:

Quiet side street, close in to the town center, easy walk to the water, restaurants a block away.

RE: PAROS NIGHTLIFE????

by GKE

Hello there,

Brotherleelove is right on his remarks. i have to add one or two things. I have not been there for about 6 years but I do not believe it has changed much and from what I hear from friends that visit the place often is still more or less the same.

In Parikia I do not think you will enjoy the sea as much as Naousa. Parikia also gathers the younger tourists, lets say around 20 years old, and Naousa a bit older. I prefered the clubs in Naousa but the biggest concentration of clubs is for sure in Parikia. Also more foreign tourists stay in Parikia than in Naousa which is preferred by Greeks. I also think food is better in Naousa.

I had stayed in Parikia and used the buses to go to different places and some times taxis. I did not find taxis expensive.

I am sure you will have fun.

And one last thing. Paros is the vacations island for many of the Greek students when they finish highschool. A few days before your arrival, the University entree exams will have finished in Greece so I believe that it will be packed with young highscholl graduates wanting to have fun after a very long and difficult school year.

Have fun

Re: PAROS NIGHTLIFE????

by Paroshep

I have lived on Paros for 8 years. The first year I tried to visit a club but at 12:30 A.M. people were just starting to drift in from the bars and I couldn't stay awake any longer.
When I have to meet guests on an early morning ferry I see a steady stream of club patrons heading home after dawn.
In other words you have to be young!

Re: PAROS NIGHTLIFE????

by EPEKINDINI

I have to agree w/ GRK. Parikia is more for the tourist and the nightlife is pretty crazy but I will also agree that Naoussa is an older crowd. Late 20's-30's and the Greeks prefer this side over Parikia. I have also noticed that Parikia is a little cheaper in hotels and so on and I would say Naoussa is a bit more expensive; not by much however. I have stayed here 5 yrs ago and I am coming back again this summer. After looking at hotels price lists, I have noticed the price difference. P.S. There is a crazy party scene during the day so trust me you will not be limited. Punta beach from what i remember is a crazy party scene during the day as well. Have fun...

Travel Tips for Paros

Internet cafe by the port of Parikia

by SWFC_Fan

Memphis Net Internet cafe is conveniently located right by the port at Parikia, the capital of Paros.

I logged onto VT from this Internet cafe most days during my visits to Paros in September 2005 and May 2006.

To access the Internet you must first purchase a time card from the counter. These can be purchased in amounts of 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours and 3 hours. You don't have to use all the time in one sitting....simply keep the card (which displays a unique access code and password) and bring it with you when you next return to the cafe. The shorter time cards (less than an hour) are valid for a few days, while the 3 hour card is valid for a period of 21 days. The more time you buy, the better value it is - a 3 hour card costs 10 Euros.

The connection speed is fast and the cafe offers a variety of other facilities such as printing, burning to CDs and the use of webcams. It is also a WIFI hotspot.

You can purchase hot and cold beverages.

Open daily from 8am - 10pm (closed for a few hours on Sunday afternoons).

You can find more details about this Internet cafe at http://www.memphisnet.gr/

BEACHES - Pounda

by kartermar

Pounda Beach is probably the most popular. It is almost always very crowded but quite organized with deck chairs and a fancy beach bar. Loud music playing all day long. Most of the times during the high season you can find people drunk or not dancing around and on the bar. Most people call it the coolest place on the island ... but I guess it depends on ones tastes.

Paros, in the middle of Cyclades islands

by Aggeliki

Paros is situated in the middle of Cyclades islands and it one of the most characteristic island built in cycladic architecture. Aroung the island there are plenty of small churches and monasteries, famous ancient monuments, endless sandy beaches with sparkling blue waters and picturesque white villages bathed in the unique, dazzling Aegean light.
One of the most beautiful scenery in the middle of Aegean sea.

Comments