3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Acqua Vatos Hotel

Acqua Vatos - makes your trip to Santorini unforgettable

by TripAdvisor Member PetrosK

Would definately recommend to anyone visiting Santorini (the location, facilities, price and staff were amongst the best you would find in Europe).

We were recommended to stay at the Acqua Vatos by two of our friends. I am very happy that we listened to their advice as the Acqua Vatos was easily the best hotel in Europe. Where do we begin; the rooms were very comfortable but yet affordable, the staff (George and Alina) were very friendly and provided anything we needed, and the pool facilities were 1st class.

Thank you George and Alina for making our stay in Santorini one that we will never forget. We felt more like your family than guests at a hotel.

Petros and Linda - Melbourne, Australia

The best hotel in Kamari

by TripAdvisor Member totoman

We stayed one week at Acqua Vatos from the 1st to the 8th August 2006. This is simply the best hotel in Kamari :

1) The swimming pool is huge
2) It is at 50 m of a beautiful beach
3) There are everything you need around from restaurants,pharmacy to cinemas
4) The bus stop is in front of the hotel
5) George and Alina are just the best hotel managers i have ever met

This is a must stay if you go to Santorini!

not that brilliant

by TripAdvisor Member WonderfulGreece

When you read the Acqua Vatos homepage it seems like this hotel is extraordinary and special.

After staying there (and also at another hotel in Kamari) I would like to say that nearly all hotels have pools, white deckchairs, similar room equipment, flowers overgrowing the yard .... this is all typically Santorini Greek.

In all the descriptions it said that the Acqua Vatos Hotel has been completely renovated in 2006. Honestly though, the entrance hall and all the public areas may be newly done, but certainly not the rooms. There was some new colourful paint at one part of the wall (behind the beds), but the other parts and also especially the bathrooms have certainly not been renovated for quite a while. They have problems with flooded hallways due to not properly working toilets, too.

Also - the hotel is right by the main road and you can hear cars and especially motorbikes all day and half of the night.

The breakfast is ok, but not even any fresh fruit.

You can get huge breakfasts for about 6 Euro down the road at all the beach bars that are way better. The lady who provides the breakfast at the Acqua Vatos doesn´t even welcome anyone when you enter the room. Not very friendly.

I cannot recommend the Acqua Vatos Hotel. It is an ok place, but the atmosphere is average and you can find more charismatic places all over Kamari easily.

Delightful

by TripAdvisor Member PennyGeo

Our stay at the Acqua Vatos was truly delightful. It far exceeded our expectations of a hotel of this category. It is exactly as I'd seen it on the internet. Very pretty, clean and comfortable and the nature theme throughout the hotel is very tastefully done. The rooms are calming, the swimming pool relaxing, just what's needed on holiday. I loved the little candlelights along the stairs leading to the entrance of the hotel. George and Alina are so helpful and always ready to answer your questions and advise you about the excursions on the Island. The hospitality is exceptional. We will certainly stay there again, when we next visit. Highly recommended, you'll love it.

Penny Georgiou, Cyprus

Oustanding Service

by TripAdvisor Member philnic

I didnt actually stay at the Acqua Vatos - though I wish I did! I arranged my sisters honeymoon for her, as she knows I am a bit of perfectionist with this sort of thing. I looked for competive flights (found Manchester a more cost effective option than Birmingham at the time they travvelled) over a number of weeks, and at the same time looked for accomodation. Kamari seemed the best resort for my party loving sister and new husband - it turned out to be the perfect choice. I am very particular about hotels - it needs to be as comfortable as home, nowadays and I wanted something special for them both. Tripadvisor along with other search engines helped me identify a number of good hotels, but Acqua Vatos was given excellent reviews, so it had to be the one! The experience I had booking this trip has got to be the best (and that is saying something for me!) George & Alina offered a very very friendly and convenient service, arranging to purchase some flowers for the room, car hire upgrade etc, without my sister knowing! I can not thank them enough for the special stay my sister had at their hotel. My sister will be detailing her experience later, but the photos are brilliant and they havnt stopped talking about their holiday! Thank You George - it was just what I wanted for them I have already recommended you to a number of other friends, and I will continue to do so.

perfect birthday celebration

by TripAdvisor Member dan2mama

Our visit to Santorini was outstanding and our stay at the Acqua Vatos Hotel was simply marvelous. The warm and wonderful hosts, George and Alina treated us like VIPs, gave us fantastic tips about where to go, what to see, places to eat and in general made us feel like family. And they never failed to deliver our phone messages to us.

We started our day at the beautiful pool that is large enough to actually swim laps in, so we could work up our appetite for the terrific breakfast they served outside on the lovely veranda under the gorgeous flowers. We stayed in the juniour suite, clean, comfortable, originally decorated. We viewed the sunset from different parts of the island, and even one sunrise! as the hotel is only a 2 minute walk from the beach. Many thanks to our ever-smiling and understanding hosts who helped us out with an unexpected change in flight arrangements. We surely hope to return to this hotel because it just felt like a honeymoon. The only bad thing about our 4-day visit is that it was TOO SHORT.

Becky and Udi

ADSL, Colors, Breakfast and Pool

by TripAdvisor Member greeksalad

You wake up in the morning and the breakfast is waiting for you: you choose the milk, greek yogurt, 3 kinds of bread, coffee and other good things! Then you ask George and Alina where you can go today, and they surely will help you. If you want you can rent one of the George's 4 wheels motorbyke and reach the top of the near rocky mountain or ask Alina to book a Taxi for you and in 5 minutes you will got it ! Near there is the bus station, with a bus every 20 minutes: 10 minutes and you are to Fira, the city you see in many postcard. Beautiful, and very close to Vatos Hotel, is the black sand beach. The swimming pool is very clean and we loved so much to swim in it! The rooms are painted each one of a different color from the others. Internet and ADSL connection? a Notebook is waiting for you near the reception! Newspapers are avalable in front of the Hotel. Italian newspaper are of the day before, but is only a time question. Tv and frigobar in the room. Air conditioned. Furnitures
are very nice. Price is convenient. Great Holiday for Us. Marco and Cinzia.

overperformance

by TripAdvisor Member dagmyr

The 2 stars for this hotel is a joke ! The standard is far above hotels
with similar rating. Atmosphere is very nice and friendly - somewhat like a
greek "zen" style. Nice pool area. I will surely return some day.
Bettina & Dag Myrestrand, Stavanger Norway

hospitality plus!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Noule

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and can't think of anything negative to say. George and Alina are the most hospitable people we met in Greece over our 3 week stay.They were like family. If any advise was needed regarding where to eat, what sights to see, rental cars, shopping, etc. we just asked the 2 experts: George and Alina. Their advise was alway 100% right. We rented the junior suite(2 teenage daughters, myself and husband) and there was plenty of room. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The pool area was beautiful. It was nice spending the day at the beach and then coming back to the hotel to relax by the pool for an hour or so. The hotel was located within walking distances of beach, bus stop, shops. It was perfect.
Someday we hope to return to Santorini and know we don't have to search for a hotel because this is where we will stay: WITHOUT A DOUBT!! Thank you George and Alina.

The Demetris, U.S.A.

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member wowsa_2006

Really a wonderful boutique hotel in Santorini on Kamari Beach. It was clean and beautifully decorated. George and Alina are terrific hosts and fabulous hoteliers. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again, with a great breakfast, gorgeous pool, awesome staff, beautiful rooms!

View of the volcano from our balconyView of the volcano from our balcony

A sunset in SantoriniA sunset in Santorini

View of the CalderaView of the Caldera

Walking On The VolcanoWalking On The Volcano

transportation to archeological digs on Santorini

by paulawestfall

Where would you recommend that we go to view a dig and how is transportation obtained? Buses?

Re: transportation to archeological digs on Santorini

by leics

Do you mean a dig or a site?

Digs (where archaeologists are actively excavating) are often not open to the public, sites (where excavation is partially or completely finished) often are (though not all of them).

At least one of the major sites on Santorini, ancient Akrotiri, seems to be closed to the public at the moment:

Ancient Thera is open to the public between 8.30 - 15.00 (Monday closed):

Not sure how you would access Thira, sorry. Bus timetable here:

Re: transportation to archeological digs on Santorini

by brotherleelove

Akrotiri has been closed indefinitely since September, 2005.

The only other archaeological site on Santorini is Ancient Thera, above Kamari Beach. There's a shuttle service from Kamari up to the trailhead, then you have to walk uphill for about 1/4 mile to get to the site.

While you're on the island you can visit the Museum of Prehistoric Thera and the Akrotiri Exhibit, both in the main village of Fira.

Comments