Anastasis Apartments

, Imerovigli, 84700, Greece

More about Anastasis Apartments

Recommend a stay in Anastasis Apartments

If you're looking for a quiet, relaxing holiday in Santorini then Anastasis Apartments, Imerovigli is the place for you.

We stayed in a superior apartment and it had everthing we needed. The owners look after the place very well and the cleaners spend all day keeping everything up to a very high standard. There are only about nine apartments for couples only, so it's a very quiet place to stay. The owners go to a lot of trouble to make sure you have a good stay and are around all day if you need anything. We arrived to a bottle of wine waiting for us which was a nice touch.

The best thing about the apartments for us was the view. From your room, balcony and from the pool all you can see is the sea and Caldera. Imagine swimming in the infinity pool and having an uninterrupted view of the surrounding islands and the sea. We spent some lovely evenings with a glass of wine watching the sun set. Perfect.

Each room has its own balcony with high quality chairs, table and parasol. The lower floor rooms get the evening sun. More superior rooms on the second and upper floors have their own balconies for sunbathing on and sitting out. These catch the morning sun as well so if you enjoy breakfasting in the sunshine I'd recommend one of these rooms.

The sunbathing area has been landscaped with cacti and other plants and is very peaceful. The furniture is all high quality and very comfortable. A lovely way to spend the day if you enjoy sunbathing.

The apartments are a 15/20 minute walk along the road or the coastal path into Imerovigli. We would have found the distance a slight problem without a car. But with a car the location is perfect. It's out of the main town and therefore far quieter and with more room for a larger pool and sunbathing area than you get in the town itself.

We weren't that impressed with Imervogli. It was a very small town with only a few supermarkets and basic Tavernas. We only ate in 2 and wouldn't recommend either of them. But there may have been others worth trying. We drove to Oia to eat and had some good meals (see seperate review on restaurants).

Santorini wasn't quite what we expected. The Island is very dry and arid. It was great for a week, but if we'd spent any more time there we would have started to get bored as there wasn't a huge amount to do. With a car you can cover the whole Island within a few days. But it's a good place for relaxing, chilling out and taking postcard photographs of the pretty cliffside towns and blue domed churches.

Should Anastasis be number 1?

by TripAdvisor Member WAFC1

We honeymooned at Anastasis in August this year, the reason being we go to Greece every year and love it. When I typed in Greece honeymoon in Google, I just got an endless list of Santorini + my brother went there 7 years ago and loved it. I chose Anastasis based on price/location/other reviews, as I don't like stuffy pretentious places.
We stayed in the White Suite, which was nice. The place itself is lovely, with fantastic views, I just didn't fall in love like everyone else did. The location isn't ideal as it's 20 mins uphill to the supermarket, the saver is that the taverna 2 mins away is superb, especially the pizzas. Don't think we're lazy though, as we walked to Fira 3 times and Oia once. I think Santorini is a tourist trap, especially when the first beer I bought cost 4,50 euros for a small bottle, I'm used to paying 2,50 for a large glass anywhere else in Greece.
Fira and Oia are especially expensive and the only reason I can come up with is (and I know this won't make me popular) there are more cruise ships coming into dock than anywhere else in Greece, mostly full of Americans. There are also plenty of rich Greeks and Italians here, hardly any British, they are all at the beach resorts getting wasted on cheap beer! I just wish people would compare menu prices, that would keep food and drinks prices down for all, WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SEE THEY'RE BEING RIPPED OFF? I'll leave you with an example, Seagull bar in Oia 10 feet below another bar, the name of which escapes me. Price for a beer in Seagull 3,50 in large frozen glass, price in bar above 4,50 small bottle. Bar above packed, Seagull bar me and my Mrs, read Saturday papers front to back had 4 beers, same view over sea. Finest day of the hols, beautiful views, beautiful wife. Oh and order 1 breakfast between 2 of you in the Apt, it's more than enough.

No regrets

by TripAdvisor Member Jo-Ally

Anastasis's great reviews on Tripadvisor made the choice for me and there was just no other contender as to where to stay for me personally. After our visit I have no regrets at all. We did go to Santorini in October, which isn't the best time to go, but were lucky enough to get sunny weather, though not sunbathe quality.

Location
The fact that Anastasis is located in a quite area actually makes it even more attractive. We managed to rent a car for one day (30euro) to visit all the beaches and after having visited basically all the areas on the island, Imerovigli still seemed like one of the best to stay in.

Yes, you have to walk about 15mins to the nearest supermarket, but with such a great view, what's the problem? We took a rug sack with us and easily carried a few things that we needed in the apartment.

Apartments
Having stayed in two different apartments, I'd recommend the superior apartment. It was a no frills room with an amazing shower. Very big and comfortable. The rooms are cleaned and towels gets changed every single day.

I would, however, when I visit again, rather opt for a room on the second level with a private balcony.

Transport
There is a 'bus stop' about 5mins walk from the hotel. One single ticket to Ia or Fira for instance only costs 1euro. Really cheap. And the busses aren't bad at all. They know what they are doing, even if you feel anxious, you have no need to be. You don't need to use taxi's or have your own car, though we rented a car for one day to visit the beaches on the other side of the island to make life a bit easier.

Hosts
Despina and her husband were really great people to have around. Always friendly and willing to offer tips and help.

Breakfast
I'd only order breakfast once or twice. One per couple should also be enough. You can easily buy cereal for about 1.50euro that will last at least 2 weeks.

The view
is absolutely amazing. it's a beautiful location. The swimming pool are amazing.

Jacuzzi
All guests gets a free hour during their stay. Nothing beats sitting in one while the sun is going down.

I'd recommend Anastasis to anyone wishing to visit Santorini, though for honeymooners, I'd suggest not taking the actual 'honeymoon room' but rather one on the balcony.

Absolutely everything great that is said!

by TripAdvisor Member KiwiTraveller1

Having just stayed at the Anastasis Apartments it is everything and more that is said!

But the true luxury is the total dedication and ease of service from Despina who runs the hotel. We have stayed in some great hotels but the service was better to none!

The complex is immaculate, the views and location are totally unbeatable.

Thank-you!!

Anastasis is the place to stay

My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Anastasis Apartments in September 2005. It was our honeymoon and we wanted a beautiful and romantic place to stay while in Santorini.

We picked the Anastasis based on the reviews that were posted on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. The Anastasis is a magnificent place overlooking the caldera. The Anastasis is about 3 years old, so everything is still brand new. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and the room was fantastic. The honeymoon suite was incredibly spacious, with really nice white marble everywhere, including the bathroom. Our room had a patio in front overlooking the infinity pool and the caldera. Each morning, we would eat breakfast on the patio while enjoying the magnificent views.

Speaking of views, the Anastasis is located on the top of a cliff overlooking the entire caldera. The Anastasis has one of the finest infinity pools I have ever seen and we spent a couple of days just relaxing by the pool taking in the breath-taking views of the caldera. The Anastasis also has an elevated Jacuzzi and all guests gets a free hour during their stay. Nothing beats sitting in one while the sun is going down over the caldera. The rooms, and the entire place for that matter, are very clean and neat.

The Anastasis is located in a town called, “Imerovigli”, which is about halfway between the towns of Fira and Oia. We felt that its location in a quieter part of town was perfect, especially after a full day of walking through Fira or Oia. The location is perfect for a honeymoon couple that is looking for a beautiful, quiet, romantic place to stay in Santorini.

Despina and her husband own the Anastasis and their service was excellent. Despina was a great source of information and was always there with an answer when we had a question! Despina and her husband worked very hard to make sure that we had a very enjoyable stay.

Although we stayed at the Anastasis for 5 days/nights, we never rented a car. We either walked to the town of Imerovigli (10 minutes), Fira (50 minutes), and Oia (2 hours), or we took a taxi (which Despina always called for us), or sometimes, we would even take the bus, which runs from Fira to Oia. If you need to rent a car, Despina will make the arrangements to have the car dropped off and picked up at the Anastasis.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Anastasis Apartments. The rooms are spacious and beautiful, the views are magnificent (second to none) and the hospitality shown by Despina was truly appreciated. A big thank you goes out to Despina and her husband for making our honeymoon stay such an enjoyable experience. We loved it!

Andy and Mary Rose
South Pasadena, California

Fabulous Stay

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights during our honeymoon to Greece. It is absolutely lovely, clean, quiet and we would love to come back again. Despina was so wonderful, a great source of information as to what to do, what to see. Thank you Despina for a wonderful time there - it was too short.
Sandra and Jay

Honeymoon Bliss at the Anastasis Apartments...

It's been a couple of months since our Honeymoon (Sorry about the delay Despina)but we think about it everyday. Our stay at the Anastasis Apartments began with a warm welcome from the owner Despina. Rarely do you find a place that is so beautiful that your breath is taken away. The pictures you see in the photo gallery do not do justice to the heavenly views of the Caldera and the Aegean sea. Some of our most beautiful photos were taken by the pool and on our balcony as we enjoyed our most delicous breakfast. Despina made sure our stay was comfortable and memorable. Our White Suite was charming, clean and very romantic. The sunsets off our balcony were so amazing that friends and family think that our photos are postcards. Needless to say when we return to Santorini we will make sure that Despina saves the White Suite for us!

Heaven On Earth

by TripAdvisor Member jamesd44

I will never forget the first day that my husband and myself went to Anastasis. As we made our way to the pool and saw the amazing view of the caldera the magnificent cycladic white and blue heaven and sea is still engraved in my mind.
The pool is awesome it truely is an infinity pool giving the illusion that it just pours onto the caldera and meets the aegean sea.

We stayed 4 nights in the white suites on top.Cave like dome cieling all decorated in white, and beautiful arched windows displaying the magnificent blue of the sea!! We went 2 yrs consecutively and everytime we shall return to greece our plan is always to go to anastasis in santorini.

Despina and her husband are great hosts and tend the the place with TLC!

Looking forward to returning Eleni & Elias Montreal QC , Canada.

UNBELIEVABLE SERVICE!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member filakia

My husband and I stayed at Anastasis apartments Sept. 6th through Sept. 10th 2005. Where do I start... from the moment we were picked up with the transfer service until the moment we got dropped off at the airport to go back to Athens, EVERYTHING was absolutely perfect. The transfer service was waiting for us once we got off the plane. Once we arrived at the apartments, Despina and her husband Vaggeli were there to greet us. Our room was not ready yet because we arrived early in the morning. Despina provided us with a room that was available so my husband and I could rest. We had flown into Athens the day before and we were quite jet lagged. Once our room was ready we moved into the apartment. We were on the first floor. The room was very clean and very comfortable. We also had a balcony to the Caldera and the pool. OH what a beautiful view!!!! The pool was absolutely beautiful and the beach chairs and umbrellas were of excellent quality (the chairs were made of nice wood and covered with comfy cushions. Vaggeli was always out there cleaning and making sure everything was perfect. You must be aware that this is not a hotel. So if your looking for the bar at the pool, and 24 hours food service, there isn't any. But who needs that! My husband & I walked to the supermarket that was about a 10-15 minute walk. We bought, wine, cheese, fruits and munchies. There is a mini refridgerator in the room which is just perfect. The room is set up with a small kitchenette. We would make our frappe (greek ice coffee)in the morning in the room(by the way we forgot to buy straws for this, so Despina gave us a handful. (Just the little things that Despina & Vaggeli did made this stay perfect) We would go to the bakery in Oia and get Tiropita (cheese pie)for breakfast, YUMMY!!!! (We had rented a car for 2 days, which I strongly recommend so you can see other parts of the island.) If you are looking for a party place, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a peaceful getaway with beautiful views, caring owners and just a place to sit back and take in the breathless view, this is the place for you! I can't praise enough what great hosts Despina and Vaggeli were and even their son Anastasi was a joy to meet and hang out with! Despina took the time to tell us were to go and were not to go. And told us what not to waste our time on. She provided us with great places were the locals go for food. One place we went twice because the food was excellent and priced so reasonably. It was in the middle of the island but we didn't care because we had a great view at our hotel. We usually like to eat were the locals eat. Santorini and her people are very hospitable and I look forward to staying with Anastasis Apartments again. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Loved Anastasis Apartments

My partner and I stayed at the Anastasis Apartments for 5 nights a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed our stay very much. When we arrived at Santorini airport our transfer was ready and waiting to take us to the apartments and Despina and her husband were waiting to welcome us on our arrival. We stayed in the Junior Suite on the first floor and the room was lovely and very clean with a view to die for. We had a lovely breakfast every morning which was a great start to the day. We were made to feel most welcome by Despina and it was the little things that made all the difference. Despina is always willing to help in whatever way she can by giving guidance on things to see and do in Santorini. We came here for a quiet and relaxing holiday and staying at Anastasis apartments looking out at the Caldera and Aegean Sea was exactly what we got. I would highly recommend Anastasis apartments to anyone who is thinking of visiting Santorini.

Thank you for a lovely stay in Santorini

Helen and Andy