Akrotiri, 84700, Greece
Booking.com Priceline.com Otel.com

More about Santorini Island

STUFFED PORKSTUFFED PORK

Filming in VlichadaFilming in Vlichada

before the ridebefore the ride

Fiat PuntoFiat Punto

Travel Alone

by ilovekopixiudai

I'm planning to visit Santorini in Nov this year. I'll be travelling alone,6 nights isit enough?Its my 1st time travelling alone and to greece.I don't know what to expect from there?Is Pension Livadaros Hostel recommended? Any interesting place or events to recommend?

by Odinnthor

Hi Welcome to VT.
Rather difficult to respons without some further information, - country of origin, gender, approximate age, interests like beaches or history, nightlife or tour availability etc. Expand your profile amoewhat and information can we specific to your particulars.

by ilovekopixiudai

I'm from Singapore,a single lady daring against myself to travel alone. I would like to visit beaches and some historical places and sceneries for my photoshooting sessions.I'm having kinda tight budget therefore need to keep all my expenses to the lowest.

by iammon

november is not really swimming season on the beaches

by StefanosS

6 days is more than enough to visit and enjoy Santorini. It is said correctly that November is not swiming season, but Santorini is a tourist destination on any season. Beaches of the island are not so good, compared to other Greek islands. Scenery, especially sunsets, is wonderful. There is always some nightlife, depending on the season. Akrotiri is a significant archaeological site, some info available at:
No problem of traveling alone. Greece is one of the safest countries. Although measures of common sense are necesary, just as anywhere in the world.
Pension Livadaros, according to friends, is a good and cheap place to stay.

by GracesTrips

I traveled to Santorini a few years ago. Our trip was at the end of September into the beginning of October. I remember this was at the end of the tourist season and the hotel we stayed at was closing up for the winter. Six nights might be too much for Santorini. We rented a car and could scurry around the entire island in the few days we were there. If it's relaxation you want to enjoy, that would be ideal. But if you want to keep busy with touring about and shopping, there probably isn't enough to keep you busy. We noticed a some paintings in an Art Gallery on Santorini that really appealed to us. After given the prices we passed on purchasing one. We got to Athens afterwards and found a sister gallery that offered the same artist's paintings at half the cost (and did buy one). My point being, Santorini isn't a place for bargain shopping but they do have lots of nice things.
Going back to the tourist season, I think this is common. You should make sure other establishments are also not closed up during the time you want to travel there ie. restaurants, gift shops, etc.

by yma123

ive been to santorini & stayed there fore 1 night - but had two full days... I would of liked 3 nights.

Im planning to go back there this year in september with other gal friends who havent visit there & we might stay 3/4 nights this time.

Go to the black sanded beach! Perissa beach - its amazing! & Kamari beach!

Travel Tips for Santorini Island

Facts

by Lilasel

Santorini is one of the most romantic spots in the world. It's good for true love and for lusty pursuits. Along with Mykonos its also one of the most expensive islands in Greece.

Santorini is the most Southern of the Cyclades and lies about 200 nautical miles from Piraeus. Santorini is 76 sq. km. in area and has 69 km of coastline.

The population of Santorini is about 10,000. There is very little water on Santorini and much has to be imported. The island grows exceptional grapes which produce excellent wines.

Fira Town

by Lilasel

Fira, the capital of Santorini, is the biggest and most noisy town on the island. During the summer peak months the partying never ends and its narrow stone streets are bursting with "party animals". The place feels like Ibiza or the spring break destinations in Florida.
Fira is a comparatively modern town, with houses built mostly during the 19th century when the old Venetian capital at Skaros became untenable due to earthquakes.

Churches of the island

by Lilasel

There's hardly anywhere on the island you will turn to and not see a church within eyesight. All the Aegean islands are filled with churches and Santorini is no exception. On the island you will find no less than 250 churches - and in all sizes - from tiny ones as small as a room fitting very few people to quite large and elegant ones.

Sunscreen is expensive

by carolondon

I couldn't seem to find any budget sunscreen in Greece at all, and being an aussie, I am used to having a great big bottle of supermarket brand block to apply numerous times a day. With that in mind, if you know you can find sunscreen cheap at home, stock up and take it with you, as you will certainly need it in the Greek sun!

Walk from Fira to Oia

by Helga67

There is an interesting walk leading from Fira to Oia along the caldera rim. If you like walking in nature, I recommend to do this walk. It is about 11 km and will take you 4 to 5 hours. Be sure to wear good walking shoes. Also bring some drinks as there are not many drinking/eating opportunities along the way.

I've made a travelogue about it. Have a look.

Comments