Artemis Villas

Imerovigli, 84700, Greece

More about Artemis Villas

Just as what I expected of a romantic Greek island

by TripAdvisor Member PCYC

The Artemis Villas are perfectly situated for a romantic holiday. They are set high up on the cliff and at a perfect location for watching the famous sunset. The accommodation is simple but functional. Although all the villas are literally on top of each other, we did not feel like being overlooked by anyone at all. The owner/manager was efficient and un-intrusive. This place is exactly as what we expected and we have no reservation in recommending this place to anyone.

Romanitic Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member John_Curran

From the moment I arrived at the Artemis Villas and greeted by Chris the Aussie and the unparalled location of the Villas, I knew that this was going to be a really special stay. I was taken to my room, front facing with immaculate terrace/balcony overlooking the sea and volcano. I must say that my jaw dropped and was astonished by what I saw outside the room when I lied on the huge double bed. - a truly spectacular mesmerising sight of the volcano and the sea. I reached for my fridge and opened a bottle of wine for me and my girlfriend. After the first sip together and taking in the atmosphere around us, we both agreed that this is the essence of Greece!

Lovely Accomodation

by TripAdvisor Member Dave74

You can’t beat the location. Nestled into the side of the cliff of what in my opinion is the nicest village in Santorini, looking over the Caldera. The view is awe inspiring. Angela & Chris provide just enough attention to make you feel welcome but not so much to become pretentious. You sense that they love taking care of their guests. Our room was very good and clean. A good night’s sleep is certain. I think it is the perfect place to get away from it all. I am certainly recommending this place to my friends and family.

The best!

by TripAdvisor Member mike_conlan

I took my new wife there for our honeymoon. I booked the trip myself. I emailed Angela many times and she was very patient with me---thank you. I picked this place because of Tripadvisor.com. Upon our arrival, Angela had arranged for a taxi to meet us at the airport. When the taxi dropped us off, Angela's fience Chris met us. Great guy! very warm and friendly. He took us right to our room. There were many steps to walk down (and up) but I knew that before I got there; and it is not like I did not need the exercise! He showed us everything. He told us about the island and made himself available to our every need. I posted a few pictures of the place we stayed in. It was awesome. A true vacation experience. My wife was very pleased. She did not know where we were going on our honeymoon. Everything was perfect. The view is the the best, the quietness of the surroundings, and the island itself. The bathroom was basic, but I was not there to sit in the bathroom the whole time. In Greece you do have to place toilet paper in a small waste basket next to the toilet. Greece does not have an extremely up to date sewage system, but this is not just here it is all over Greece...just a note for people not used to this. Chris told us that we should rent a ATV or 4 Wheeler to drive around. I thought he was kidding at first, but it was the best mode of transportation. It cost us about 35 Euro per day. We drove it from one side of the island to the other and up to Ancient Thira. This is the most recommended way to go up to Ancient Thira. Also, Chris will tell you where to go and not get ripped off for dinner and where the best local places are. This place is a must for anyone going to Santorini! Angela and Chris will take great care of you. Email me if you have any questions.

Excellent!!

by TripAdvisor Member alpin8

I choose this hotel reading the previous reviews and watching the pictures of the web site, but when I booked the room I did'nt expect to find exactly what I saw trough internet: the view is simply amazing, the room was not very big but really lovely, well furnished and, in my opinion, the position of the hotel is the best in this part of the island (really better then Fira).
The room was cleaned perfectly every day and, because we were traveling with our 6 month baby, they provide us a baby cot for him (unfortunately he did'nt like it so much, but this is another matter...).

Artemis Villas are Great!

by TripAdvisor Member latxyz

We recently completed our two night stay at Artemis Villas on Santorini, Greece. The hotel has an incredible location in Imerovigli with fantastic caldera views, and very comfortable rooms equipped with frig. and kitchen items. However the best thing about our stay was the friendliness and hosptiality of the owers Angela and Chris! When our hydrofoil to Mykonos was cancelled due to high winds they allowed us to return to the hotel and use the facilities for the entire day until we could fly back to Athens. Unfortunately, they did not have availablity to allow us to extend our stay, but did assist us greatly in re-arranging our travel plans. In addition, they assisted us in helping a fellow traveler who had become lost and was unable to locate her hotel after walking for 3 hours searching! They picked her up and transported her in their own car to three different hotels before locating the one she was at! Also, Angelas' brothers restaurant pm Santorini is excellent and they will transport you there! If your going to Santorini, this is a great value!

Highly Recommend this Villa & Location

by TripAdvisor Member lstephanie

We stayed at this villa for five nights at the end of August. We also arranged to have our wedding here after research on the internet.

As mentioned in other reviews, Chris and Angela were incredibly helpful both pre- and post-arrival in Santorini. We stayed in the White Suite, which had a spectacular balcony with view of the Caldera. Our "apartment" was excellent with living area and kitchenette and very nice bathroom. They did a great job arranging and implementing the wedding ceremony. We highly recommend that if you are looking to get married abroad, that you consult Angela and Chris.

The villa is located in Imerovigli, which is a small town outside of Fira. It has restaurants, stores and bus access, and is quite a nice location. It has, by far, the best views, and is outside of the hustle-and-bustle of Fira. However, be advised that it is approximately a half-mile away from Fira. There is a path that connects the towns, and it is a rigorous 30 minute hike on cobblestone streets. We found it to be good exercise, but this can be difficult without appropriate footwear.

Overall, you have to visit Santorini, and when you do, we recommend you stay here. We will be back (soon, we hope).

A bit shabby

by TripAdvisor Member Madge2

To be fair we had stayed in a hotel for twice the price on our first stay in Santorini, but i still expect more for over £100 a night. To start with our transfer did not arrive at the ferry port and we never really received an apology which meant the whole stay started badly. Our room was pleasant enough with a comfortable bed but had a very dated kitchen and bathroom and some of the towels were slightly stained with bleach marks. The pool was really small with no view of the caldera, had really chloriny water wasn't always that clean, and a couple of the sun loungers were broken. Altogether the place felt like it needed a good clean & an update and that it relied too much on the views and charm of Santorini. Nice breakfasts though!!

Pretty Decent

by TripAdvisor Member safarijones

The good things:
- Fantastic view - better than Oia
- Extremely clean - cleaned daily by a very friendly cleaner who is very discreet and waits until you head out to ensure she is not bothering you.
- Reasonable walk round the cliffside to Fira (30-45 minutes) and very close to the bus stop.

Opportunities for improvement:
- Privacy. We were in a villa that practically had a shared balcony with the villa next door. When sitting outside you could reach out and touch the people next to you - not ideal if you want a romantic getaway but we did meet some nice people from the US, Australia and finally England!
- Shower - a big bathroom with a tiny shower in the corner. The drainage was terrible and you ended up standing in 2 inches of dirty shower water. In addition the shower was hand-held and was inclined to adminster you with electric shocks every other day.
- General feel of the room. It was clean and well kept but seemed a bit worn and not very well finished - certainly not a 5 star interior.

Overall it was a nice place to stay. We had been upgraded for free to a Jnr suite - if I was paying full price I would have been disappointed. A lovely holiday destination and a great location but I couldn't help wonder what the villas next door us were like.....

Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member JAN010706

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Artemis Villas for 2 nights at the beginning of October. We found Artemis VIllas after what seemed an eternal search for a decent hotel in Santorini. After having been recommended Artemis Villas by Despina of Anastasis Apartments we had a look at the website and indeed tripadvisor and felt happy enough to book here.

We were not disappointed. After an initial mix up with the transfer from the airport (we had to get a taxi but it didn't really make much difference) we were warmly greeted by Chris on arrival.

He showed us to our room (The Honeymoon Suite) and it was exactly as shown in the website photos. The view of the sunset from the balcony cannot be described in words and everything about the trip was perfect. Breakfasts are very good as well.

Thank you Chris and Angela for making our trip so special - it was the perfect trip and we hope to go back there sooner rather than later!

Comments