Kamari, 84700 , Greece

More about Atalos Villas

Perfect vacation

by TripAdvisor Member Eda1

Perfect vacation

My family stayed in the Atalos Villas for two weeks this August- September.

Atalos Villas- one of the friendlies hotels we have ever stayed in the lovely atmosphere.

The hotel itself is just wonderfull, clean and like a home from home.

The pool is perfect.

Kamari with it's black sand and pebble beach is very relaxed.

All restaurants and bars deliver good quality of service and food and drink.

Santorini is lovely and it's small enough to enable you to see it all in one holiday.

The bus goes up to Fira in just about 15 minutes.

The owner Giannis very welcoming when we arrived, and were there to help us.

Stay here and you will be very happy!

Fantastic vacation

by TripAdvisor Member Larsa76

We had a fantastic week at Atalos Villas. The owner and his wife was very good and supportive to us. Our apartment was terrific with a nice view. We went for daytrips and explored the island. But Fira was too crowdy for us. It was nice to see, but we´re glad that we had our ”home” in Kamari. Kamari as a village is perfect in size, for us. So many restaurants with great food and service. Our stay was very satisfying so we will come back for sure. Thank you, Giannis for making our holiday so good.

Excellent location - great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Adventurer1956

Just back from a week in Santorini and have to agree with all the reviews already on the site for the Atalos. We flew with XL Dublin/Santorini but booked the hotel directly by email to Giannis.

As mentioned in all the other reviews (bar one) Giannias and Irini are friendly people who run the small hotel. The hotel is very clean and well kept - the breakfast is continental and consisted of Coffee/ Orange Juice/Bread/Cheese/Honey and Jam/Yoghurt and chocolate croissant - enough to set you up for the day. Very pleasent to sit on the balcony with a glass of wine. The location is excellent - just a short walk to the shorefront which is lined with restuarants. The beach itself is more stony than sandy and most people had those little water shoes with the rubber soles (bought locally ranging from €6/€7.50) There are permanent umbrellas and sunbeds on the beach and the cost is €6 for the umbrella and two beds.

Thanks again to earlier reviews on the site we took the little boat from beach at Kamari (down near the rock at the Hook bar) to Perissa - it costs €4 per person one way. Perissa has a slightly sandier beach than Kamari but is a smaller resort. One of the restuarants along the front has sunbeds and umbrellas for their customers - you have use of them provided to buy something while you are there. There is waitress service on the beach so you just order and it is delivered directly to you - very nice as a once off - would be expensive if you did it every day.

We also caught the bus from Kamari to Fira - it runs every 30 mins and just cost €1.40 - the last bus back is at 9.30 so you really need to get a taxi back - costs €10 from Fira to Kamari. If you get the 7.15 bus from Kamari you get to Fira in good time for the sunset - it is a lovely quaint village with gravity defying buildings all along the caldera and that beautiful blue and white colouring which is synonomous with Greece. We ate in two nice restuarants there - Fanari and Argo and at the Seagull cafe in Oia - all with great views good food and service and reasonable prices.

We hired a small jeep from Sagiani which is just down the road towards the beach from the Atalos - the cost was €35 plus €8 for Comprehensive insurance. The hire period was 24 hours. This was a great way to visit the island and you can do it easily in two days.

The sandiest beach is only 5 kms from Kamari on the airport side called Monolithos - you dont need the shoes at all - it is also very close to Fira. Dont know if there is a bus there or not we came across it by accident on our way back the day we hired the jeep.

We also went to see Ancient Thira and if you intend to do this it closes at 14.30 each day and is closed all day Monday. You can get a minibus up (its a very long and steep walk 5k) at a cost of €10 pp - there is no entry fee. You need to bring water with you - there is a van selling drinks etc at the top but is quite expensive.

Because the hotel is near the airport you do see and hear the planes coming in - from the balcony you can hear the plane as it lines up for the runway and then watch it pass over - it is low enough to make out the airline but it is more a novelty than a nuisance - there are not that many coming in anyway and I suspect it is the same for most of Kamari as the airport is very close - you can see them coming in from the beach as well.

All in all I would recommend Santorini and the Atalos Villas for a very enjoyable holiday.

by TripAdvisor Member CoppullAnts

Once again giannis and his family made our holiday a wonderful experiance.We just love the place very warm welcome from both and little maria seems to of shot up from last year.As for the island well it just cant be beaten.Cant wait to get back next year .if youve never been book it now you will not be dissapionted
see you soon giannis

Antony & Julie

Do NOT stay at the Atalos

by TripAdvisor Member shellyboppa1703

I cannot find anything positive to say about the Atalos.

We were given a horrid, pokey little room and one of the two lightbulbs in the entire apartment went out after two days and was never replaced. We didn't have a single hot shower once and don't even get me started on the state of the bathroom. We spoke to our rep the very next day and demanded to be moved but unfortunately the accommodation she offered us was just as bad as the Atalos, so we declined and found our own. Once the owner found out we had complained and were leaving he never stopped badgering us and even had the audacity to show us a 'superior' room that he then offered to move us into. I didn't see this room but my partner did and he said it was better than the room we were in but still way below the standard we expected. Unfortunately that still didn't stop the owner from constantly giving us the hard sell and trying to get us to change our minds about leaving. Needless to say, we left as soon as we could.

know the rooms were advertised as basic, but we've had basic accommodation in Greece before which cost far less than the Atalos and the standard was much higher. I would describe this as sub-basic and would never consider going back there. The Atalos ruined the first week of our holiday but thankfully we moved to a fantastic hotel for our second week and were able to relax.

As somebody else has already pointed out, the towels were like sandpaper and I think we received clean towels just once in the week that we stayed there. As for Yiannis' legendary hospitality, we didn't see one bit of it the entire time we were there. Once word got out that we were leaving, we were given the cold shoulder from everyone - and I mean everyone. I can only imagine that Yiannis must have told his 'regular guests' about us leaving because not one of them spoke another word to us for the rest of the time that we were there!!!

The only advice I can give is - just stay away from the Atalos.

I

always enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member Fruitbat7

We stayed here on two occassions May 2005 and loved it so much returned September 2006.

Family there make you feel welcome and provide a relaxing holiday.

We were looking to book again for next June only checked travel agents so far ...prices have shot up but Giannis did give us his e-mail address so may try that.

The Villas are what you would expect in Greece basic but thats all you need.

Great location.... turn right out of the apartments within less than 4 mins you hit the beach. Pebbled beach not sand which is a shame but great bars, restaurants.... to name a few 'Hook Bar' great food and bar at the end of the beach front towards the rock! Say Hi to Luka... he will look after you. The Prince restaurant great food, service and drinks... ate there in total 5 times. Loads more just take your time walking down the beach front and pop in for a drink somewhere and then decide where to eat. There was an indian / chinese restaurant (yes you had a choice) at the opp. end of Kamari to Atalos sorry cannot remember the name but good food here too (well the indian balti was anyway) .

One bar had a couple of guys singing and playing the guitar there was a big tree by the bar and one inside too ... or had I had one tooooo many drinks by then??!! Can't remember the name it was near the dirt track car park area...half way down.. that was a nice bar.

Bus into Fira is great.... it was 1 euro ... relax have a meal, a drink and watch the sunset...loved it. Then get a taxi back which is also very reasonable approx 9 euro.

We hired a car for three days on our first visit very easy to get around didn't get lost once and a great way to see the island. Watch out for those roads into Oia very scary ... a long way down!
Saw the red beach and white beach on our travels round in the car but didn't actually set foot on them... will have to go back.

There is also a regular water taxi that takes you around the rock to another resort Perissa. Pick up point is toward the rock in line with Hook bar - it's only 3 euros each. Stops at around 5.00pm Perissa is certainly worth a visit.... take a walk up the other end of Perissa and there are some great bars, sunbeds on the beach with service for drinks and food...heaven.

Super holiday!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Torgny

We spent our holiday at Hotel Atalos, me and my son, in September 2007.

It was our third time there and we will come back for sure.

We liked the lovely family atmosphere at Atalos.

Yannis and his wife Irini made our stay very pleasant and relaxing.

The room was clean and had all what we needed.

Many hours in the nice pool and more more hours in the bar, beside the pool.

The location is perfect, only 2 minutes walk to the sea, supermarkets and restaurants.

Some days we were lazy and stayed all day in Atalos.

Yannis served us with good food and drinks.

Thank you Yannis and Irini for your hospitality.

See you soon… Mr Fransson, Sweden

Convinient location and lovely host

by TripAdvisor Member CellyBelly

We enjoyed our stay at Atalos. Giannis and his family was very hospitable and made our stay very pleasant. The breakfast that was served daily was more than enough. Atalos is just a short stroll to the beach and the various shops, bars and restaurants. You will always have things to do. Kamari is also a 15mins bus ride to Fira Town. We definitely would recommend Atalos to our family and friends! Gary & Maria from Australia.

Lovely Athlos

by TripAdvisor Member liveforholidays74

Just home from Atalos .Booked it after reading all the reviews on Trip Advisor .Booked Directly with Giannis and he couldn't have been nicer he collected us from the airport .No problems with the room at all it had all you would need on a holiday ,I cant really understand the people that do nothing but moan about the rooms what more could you need.
.The Breakfast again no problem with it In fact the bread was lovely ! Poor Giannis gets a hard time in some of his reviews but he is a hard working man was was always chatty and happy . On one occasion we seen him getting told by a resident that their air conditioning wasn't working and he was up in there room in the space of five minutes. I would recommend booking directly with Giannis as he will do his best to give you a good deal and good rooms.It only costs a little more to book with him directly and at least it is going directly to him and you feel like you know him before you land! He does be out from behind the bar in the afternoon but he never does be away for to long .I would defiantly recommand athlos and you will be guaranteed to make some friends around the pool . I for one will defiantly go back to Santorini and To Athlos it is in a perfect location In Kamari beside everything but just far enough so your not on the main strip.
Emma and Kenneth Ireland

Welcoming host, great location - a good place to stay in Santorini

by TripAdvisor Member Cheups

To sum up, I stayed at this accomodation with my partner, and the villas are located in what I consider one of the best locations in Santorini, Kamari, we were met with a warm welcome and treated very well throughout our stay.

Location:

The Villas are very close to the airport, only 10 minutes in the car. The owner, Giannis, will be kind enough to pick to up and drop you to the airport accordingly.

If you are fairly young and are keen to explore the island, Santorini is definitely the best place to stay. This is because it is located pretty centrally on the island enabling you to travel anywhere on the island very easily.

Kamari itself is the setting for many restaurants and bars (not the loud and drunken filled ones) offering a lot of choice. It is very pleasant strolling along the seafront soaking up the atmosphere during both day and night. There are numerous shops that all the holiday essentials, so getting home food and drink is not a problem.

Thira, the main tourist hotspot is easily accessible by bus, and is a mere 25minutes door to door (providing you check the bus times and walk there in time). The bus stop is about 7 minutes walk away. One slightly annoying thing about the buses back to Kamari cease at 9:30pm which i found a bit early. That said, a cab back will only set you back 10euros.

To explore the other parts of the island, i highly recommend renting a bike of some sort, driving around and seeing more of the island than you ever would by going on buses. The towns are all very close together, and is very fun exploring the island yourself!

The Owner(s):

Giannis is a very warm host and will go out of his way to make your trip the most comfortable and hassle free as possible. Whilst a bit of patience is required to understand what he is saying, his knowledge of the island is very good, and will save you money if you plan on booking anything tours of the island.

If you require a bike to rent, he will sort it. If you want eating recommendations, he will provide it.

All in all, he is a genuinely kind person which i'm sure you'll agree with when you meet him.

The Room:

The room i stayed in was fairly basic, though I didn't want a 5* room. After all, you hardly spend any time in your room as you will tend to be out in a nice bar/restaurant!

A minor point about the room is that the shower does not have a hook to attach to the wall. You get used to it not being there though!

It is cleaned on a daily basis, ensuring a good level of cleanliness.

It offers all the things you need when you got on holiday.

I believe it offers excellent value.

Accommodation

by PocketRocket

We are looking to stay in Thira, where is the best place to stay. We don't want to pay anymore than 60 Euro a night

by worldinabag

Hi

I assume you're going high season. Try http://www.santorini-villa-romantic.gr or http://www.hotelantonia.gr or http://www.pensionarmonia.com.

Cheers

RE: RE: Accommodation

by worldinabag

Yep, if you're staying at Kamari take a look at Irini's - http://www.irinis-santorini.com/

Hi,

I have been a lot of times in Santorini. It is my top choice! It is very romantic and restful! I have stayed in Kamari, a seaside resort. This village provides bars, clubs, restaurants, and a unique black beach! If you want to read more information about Santorini or Kamari, I suggest you to visit this wed site:

www.santorini-kamari.gr

A hotel that I recommend you is Atalos Villas Hotel.
It is A Class hotel. Very nice service. You can check this website:

Have fun!!!

Hello,

A nice hotel is Dream Island. I just came back from Santorini.
I suggest you to visit it.
Its website is

www.dreamislandhotel.gr

Best Regards,

Accomodation

by dragontml

hi all,

need some advice. 6 adults and two nites on the island - any suggested accomodation in the town of Fira.

all feedback is much appreaciated. tq.

tml

by nitrox

If you're headed there in the off season, there might not be too much choice. I went there in March and stayed at Hotel Antonio (20E/single). The place was new, clean and near the center of town. www.hotelantonia.gr

by cristiana04

hi I stayed this summer at
TZEKOS VILLAS FIRA SANTORINI
84700 GREECE
tel: 30 2286022755
fax: 30 2286024944
winer tel: 30 2286023463
email: tzekos@otenet.gr
http//www.tzekos.gr Megaron
wonderful place, if you want you can check my Santorini´s page about it,
good trip!

RE: RE: Accomodation

by carolondon

Check out these sites for accomodation choices.
Can't guarantee if all will be open in winter, but worth a try.
So many to choose from!

Hi!
Many years now I am visiting Santorini and more specifically Kamari. It is a seaside village. There are many things to do. You can swim in the black beach, you can drink cocktails in the bars next to the sea, you can have dinner in a restaurant or you can enjoy yourself in a night club!
One of favorite hotels is Atalos Villas Hotel. It is very nice and clean! It is a family business.
If you need extra information you can visit this web site:
Another hotel is Blue Waves Hotel. It is also very nice and a family business.
For more information you can visit its website:
www.bluewaveshotel.gr
A nice restaurant where you can enjoy your meal or dinner is Taverna Andreas. It is quite cheap with quality dishes.
If you need information about Kamari visit this web site:
www.kamari.gr or www.santorini-kamari.gr

Have fun!

hotels in kamari

by sarah999

We are going to Kamari in July - parents and 2 teenage daughters 17 and 19 could any one suggest suitable hotel - not too near airport - and confortable preferable category A.

by brotherleelove

Check out the Boat House Hotel:

Hi!
If you need extra information you can visit this web site:
If you need information about Kamari visit this web site:
www.kamari.gr or www.santorini-kamari.gr

Have fun!

by ANGELIQUE5

THALASSA SEA SIDE RESORT AND SPA HOTEL IS A NICE HOTEL FOR YOUR FAMILY! I CAN TELL YOU BECAUSE I'VE BEEN TO THIS HOTEL ABOUT 3 TIMES IN A MONTH AND I'M SURE YOU'LL EN'JOY YOUR STAY THERE! THE HOTEL IS NEXT TO THE SEA, THE ROOMS ARE VERY NICE AND THE STUFF OF THE HOTEL IS MAGNIFICENT! IF YOU NEED MORE INFO THE TELEPHONE NUMBER OF THE HOTEL IS 0030 FOR GREECE AND THEN 22860 32688.

Comments