Caldera View Resort Santorini

Satisfaction Average

More about Caldera View Resort Santorini

On the edge in Santorini

by Joe_Atiyah about Loucas

As we were only staying 2 nights, we decided to go for a hotel in Fira with a view over the caldera. We tried the A class Atlantis – great views and nice hotel, but were shocked by the price €188 – and they wouldn’t haggle. We also looked at the Porto Fira - €160-200, and lots of steps even to get to a room. We chose the Loucas – good position and amazing views, and a nice large room for €90 inc. breakfast. Still an awful lot of steps to get anywhere, but that’s the price of staying on the edge of the caldera. view, pool

Beautiful Caldera View

by Yogues about Pegasus Suites

This is just the second year this hotel has been open and the accomodations are fantastic. Nice big rooms/suites, breakfat on yor private balcony or at the pool. Located in Imerovigli, a pleasant 20 minute walk from Fira Incredible view

SAntorini for All

by artspirit about Tsitouras Villas

Even that in santorini, you can get a beautifull caldera view room for 35 euros /day,
the only personal experience I can share with you here , is my wedding night at Noureillev's studio in Tsitouras, few years ago, when I decided to spend all the money in a night after waiting more than 15 years before my wife decidesto get married with a Geek man ... In reallity the view was the least important subject for me , since my own house in Imerovigli has much better view, that is actually the reason I've bought it as a future investment...
My main motive was to estimate , if my wife's satisfaction and my personal impression after this experience could explain the 500 $ /night charge....
I think that both we were astonished of the house decoration and service...

HANGED ON THE CLIFF

by Orkaena about OLYMPIC VILLAS

I stayed at the Olympic Villas in 1998, this accomodation spot is located at Oia, on the first or second bus stop coming from Fira and more or less 300 meters from downtown Oia.
The view is stunning, like always with those places hanged almost on the edge of the cliff.
Calm and silent on the cliff side and a bit noisy on the road side, the Olympic Villas looks luminous with the classical whitewashed walls and blue doors and windows.
The small pool on the cliff side of the Villa is wonderful, perhaps the most outstanding characteristic due to the view of the caldera.
The appartment I rented has a small kitchen, dining room with a window straight to the pool and the caldera view, bedroom for two pax and bathroom, take a look on the pic beside.
At all, service isn't outstanding but not bad, just correct. Pool on the cliff, stunning view, located 300 mts. before downtown Oia.

Highly recommended

by wernermark about Uranos Traditional Houses

After staying there 3 nights in September (2007) we highly recommend the Uranos 'Traditional Houses' (hotel), in Imerovigli. The Uranos rooms are individual apartments built onto the cliff face. Each room has a private balcony, terrace, or both. Although the service is excellent, the view is really the star of the show here – no one has a better view. As for service, the Uranos are more self-catering than they are a 5-star full-service hotel. But this is also an advantage, in that you do not have to pay 5-star caldera view prices for a glass of wine. Each room has a half-size fridge (much bigger than a mini-bar), a kitchen sink and a hot plate. But if you are hungry and don’t want to cook or go out, you can order meals from the office. Anastasia, the manager (and just about everything else), will gladly cook them up for you. Anastasia also cooks the excellent breakfasts, but she gets some help from the staff for this one. They’ll also deliver breakfast to your room or terrace, for no extra charge. Anastasia and the staff are also very helpful with advice – whatever you want to know, just ask. Seeing as many of us got to Santorini to soak up the (caldera) view, the Uranos offer you a private terrace, a very quiet and peaceful atmosphere, a superb view, and friendly and helpful service. Outstanding view of the caldera. Excellent breakfast. Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff (although very few staff).

Gorgeous Studios with Caldera View!

by jenn5179 about Athina Studios

We spent 4 nights at Athina Studios, and of the 6 hotels we stayed in during our last trip to Europe, this was by far our favorite.

The room was simple, clean, had a kitchenette and a nice sitting area. We had our own little patio area right outside our room, as well as the various patios on the property where they serve breakfast, and where people gather to watch the sunset.

The pool area was very nice, but never crowded (most people make their way to the beaches instead) Aside from a gorgeous view of the caldera (the view here rivals the view you get of the Amalfi Coast from Le Sirenuse in Italy!), the service was beyond excellent, and the hotel was in walking distance of the shopping/dining/nightlife area, as well as the bus station.

This was key because you can easily (and for less than 1.5 euro) get on a bus and go to Oia for the sunset, Perissa Beach (one of the Black beaches), the airport, or the Red/White Beaches

Best bargain for a nice caldera view

by Jeannkelly about Athermi Studios/Apartments

Perhaps many would thought that the only places to have a nice view of the Caldera are Fira, Oia, or Imiroviglie. Perhaps Megalochori is one of the least preferred locations. Yet, Megalochori has one of the best views of the Caldera.

Athermi Apartments stands directly on the Caldera in Megalochori Village, a few minutes walk to the Village center. It is an ideal location if one wants to go north of the island (Fira, Oia) and to the South (Akotiri, Perissa, ect.) It is Maria, the owner who makes this place unique. I've never met a very warm, open and very, very accommodating person. I know it is part of her job but I know also that there is sincerity to what she is doing.

She is utmost available for anybody who needs something. A very gracious host, she makes Athermi Apartments an unforgettable place to stay in Santorini.

Strong points of the structure is its location, the view of the Caldera and it's pool serves as an alternative of the beach.

If one wants to stay in a tranquil, less expensive and strategically located structure, Athermi Apartments is highly recommended.

Pioneer Hotels On Santorini

by janetanne about Karamolengos Group

G&E Karamolegos S.A. Group of Hotels started its successful operation in 1972 in Kamari Santorini. The first hotel was the 3 star Kamari Beach Hotel the first actually opened in those times on the island. There was neither an airport nor a proper port then and the idea of being involved in tourism seemed at least risky. It proved not a long time after, that it was indeed a bright concept and Karamolegos family proved to be pioneers in this field.

For 15 years it had been a family business run by Mr. George Karamolegos and the rest of his family.

I can recommend the hotel of Mr. Karamolengos because his daughter, Anna Kali-Karamolengos is my student and my friend. I know personally, the love and the care that the family has devoted in creating the best quality hotel and perfect experience while on holiday on the island of Santorini. Rose Bay Hotel founded in 1995 a stylish 4 star hotel also located in Kamari was the next project and soon after that Xenones Filotera in Imerovigli a complex of 18 villas with splendid caldera view and serene atmosphere.

The latest and most luxurious project was the Majestic Hotel now completed since 2005 and operating as a delux resort in Fira overlooking the Caldera and the Aegean Archipelago.

OK No Caldera View, but..........

by johngayton about Hotel Margarita, Firostefani

.......clean, comfortable, friendly and half the price!!!

Obviously the hotels here in Fira with a view overlooking the caldera command a premium rate and book up very quickly especially during peak periods but there are many other alternatives both within the town and also within easy walking distance. I booked this hotel through Expedia purely on the basis of price and taking into consideration that I wanted to be within easy walking distance of the town itself, I was certainly not disappointed. Pleasant, cool and spacious room; a little balcony; simple but ample breakfast, served either on the terrace or in the breakfast room; friendly and cheery proprietor and about 40 Euros (which would have been the same had there been 2 of me!!). Yep no problems with this hotel at all - about a 10 minute walk from the central square, a couple of friendly local bars less than a minute away, a LAUNDRY (Yep that was a bit of a neccessity after a week's sailing and a weekend's drinking!!) just down the hill and a quiet, slightly off-road location - definitely recommended :) There is sort of a sea view overlooking the "other side" of the island but only really appeciated during breakfast on the terrace. There is a swimming pool which did look clean and inviting with loungers around, tho' I never actually got round to trying it out, and also a smaller pool for children. Nothing particularly outstanding but all-in-all pretty good value for money.

CALDERA VIEWCALDERA VIEW

caldera viewcaldera view

Caldera ViewCaldera View

Oia's caldera viewOia's caldera view

studios in Oia

by OttoTreffers

I'm excited to go to Santorini with my girl in late august. Now I have selected three fairly budget accomadations in Oia, with a kitchen and balcony. Thea studios, Hotel Lauda and Lotza studios. I would prefer a good caldera view, which is not provided at Lotza's. Besides that Lotza's appartments look very romantic. So for the caldera view I would probably choose Thea studios.

Can anybody share their experience with any of these accommaditions, especially for Thea Studios an Lotza Studios. Your advise would be great!

RE: studios in Oia

by ahmadia

Hello! I am very interested in visiting Santorini with my husband - could you tell me how you're booking your trip? Online vs. through a travel agent - and how you found the places to stay? Also, do you know the months when it's best to travel there for great weather (not too hot) - Feel free to email me directly.

Thanks,
Anahita
ahmadia@clarkson.edu

Traveling to Santorini late Sept. 2006 need accomodation info

by happydancer

Want to stay in a scenic local Caldera View or something similiar. I am a single traveler on a budget no more than 75 EU a night at most. Thank you for your help. Happy Holidays!

RE: Traveling to Santorini late Sept. 2006 need accomodation info

by brotherleelove

Santorini's a great choice, I've been there 4 times, twice for 6 months each. If you want easy access to nightlife you'll need to hire a taxi, rent a car or stay in the main village of Fira. Firostephani is an easy walk from Fira, they're connected by a cliffside pathway and a road. My favorite village is the most beautiful on the island, Oia (ee-yah), but the nightlife is limited to restaurants and a few small bars. No dancing or big singles scene there. There are so many places available in each and every village on Santorini that you won't have any trouble finding something in your price range, although you'll be somewhat limited if you want a caldera view at that price. Here's a tip: when you're researching hotel possibilities, the villages on the Caldera are Fira, Firostephani, Imerovigli and Oia. Make sure the hotel websites actually say 'caldera view' and don't just show a photo of the caldera to spruce up their website. If in doubt, ask by email. If you have more questions just send me a PM on this site--Lee

RE: Traveling to Santorini late Sept. 2006 need accomodation info

by Ouzone

Don't bother with caldera views as it just makes for overpriced rooms/hotels, you can have the same views from just about any footpath on that side of town without paying for it, Fira or Oia. Room prices (non-caldera) are roughly the same as for Naxos.

by brotherleelove

It's true you can find cheaper accomodations, but there's nothing like sitting out on your own terrace or balcony with that beer in your hand and that fantastic view yours for the looking.

There are some places on the caldera in that price range, by the way.

by brotherleelove

I'm jealous! I won't be going back this year. I hope you have a great time.

by happydancer

thank you for your advice. do you know of some hotels that might be within my budget?

santorini and folegandros

by muzeve

Hi, I am looking for some nice caldera view accommodation walking distance to fira, but not in the middle of the mayhem, up to about 100Euro. Hotel Keti looked good but is booked out. Maybe something similar? Also, I read someones question about folegandros. Sounds interesting. Can anyone tell me more about this place? Thank you very much for your time. Much apreciated.

Re: santorini and folegandros

by brotherleelove

Check Hotel Mylos and Villa Maria Damigou.

santorini and folegandros

by INSULARIUS

I would suggest you: Hotel GALINI in Firostefani, with excellent view on the Caldera and affordable prices for its status.I have stayed there many times and I can recommend it to you!

www.hotelgalini.gr

Have a nice stay in Santorini!

Comments