Finikia Place Hotel

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• andidasmom's Profile Photo

Flowers are Blooming

I was drawn to Finikia from the review here in VT. It actually exceeded my expectations and more when I arrived. If you are looking for a hotel with the B&B feel, this is your place. Irena and her family owns this place and she runs it personally. I coordinated with her for our transportation from airport to the hotel through email and she took care of everything. I had a driver waiting when I came out of baggage claim with my name. Awesome!

Unique Quality: I am happy to report that they now have shower curtains. Our room/studio was immaculately clean everyday sometimes they clean it twice a day even. Their rooms do not come with TV which for us is a plus because there are so much to explore outside your room anyway. Another thing, is FREE internet access in the lobby whenever you want and it is high speed too! Irena recommended activities and took care of us like we were her family. We truly felt the belongingness when we were there. When I go back (hopefully soon!), I will positively stay at Finikia Hotel without a doubt. Thank you Irena and all!

Directions: Phinikia, it is a 15 minute leisure walk from Oia

• Louisianagirl's Profile Photo

The Best of Both Worlds on Santorini

I stayed at Finikia Place in July 2007. I was traveling with my 2 daughters, 14 and 11 and my parents. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Finikia...the accomodations were lovely and the whole hotel complex made you feel like you were in a little white-washed Greek village! The buildings were built in a multi-level, typical Cycladic style....there were colorful flowers everywhere and with the backdrop of the blue, blue ocean, it made for postcard scenery! the rooms are small, however they are charming and built and furnished in the local style. Each room has a "porch" are with an umbrella and a couple of chairs. All rooms have a refrigerator, great for storing leftovers from the restaurants! But, the best feature this place had, to me, was the location.......it was nowhere near the bustling, crowded capital of Thira, and a 10-15 minute walk from Oia....so, it was very peaceful and quiet....yet, all the major sites and shopping were within easy reach bar car or motor bike. If you are looking for a quiet place with beautiful views and privacy, this is your place!
    One note: Like most hotels on the Greek islands, the concept of making shower curtains that reach the bottom of the shower has not yet pentrated Greek thought...and all the showers have hand-held shower heads only, so the bathroom generally looks like there's been a flood after you shower....and I had 3 people in my room, so it got pretty wet! but, housekeeping cleans it up every day!

Unique Quality: The views from this hotel are stunning...granted, it's not the caldera or the volcanic scenery everyone come to Santorini for, but taking breakfast on a terrace every morning with sweeping views of the deep blue water and wild countryside was calming and food for my soul! The sunsets here are lovely as well and can be enjoyed with a drink from the well-stocked bar or some fresh watermelon!
    The swimming pool is fabulous - wonderful temperature, not crowded and eye-popping scenery to go with it. Towels are distributed to the lounge chairs early in the morning and are waiting for you when you get to the pool.
    The food at the restaurant is delicious, too and quite unique! It's not just your typical every day Greek cuisine that everyone else serves....there are some very creative dishes and items I'd not seen anywhere else!

Directions: About a 20 minute drive from the port of Thira......10 to 15 minute walk from Oia

More about Finikia Place Hotel

Santorini - The best of the best!

by Louisianagirl

"A feast for the eyes"

Any view of the volcanic caldera for which Santorini is famous is defintely a sight! It's the main reason most people come....and most people will stay near or around the capital of Thira or Oia for that view...but I enjoyed staying in the small town of Finikia, about a 10-15 minute walk from Oia....why stay IN the view where you can't gaze upon it? So, from my place in Finkia, I had only to walk about 5 minutes to this place and I went every morning, first thing to be alone here and soak up this view of Oia.....it was so peaceful and I never wanted to leave!

"Red Beach"

On the southern end of the island, near the Akrotiri excavations (which were closed when were there!) is Red Beach....it earned that name because of the red, volcancic rock that serves as a gorgeous backdrop to the beach! We enjoyed a day of swimming here, although getting into the water was kind of difficult due to fist-sized rocks as you walk in! I highly recommend a visit here even if you dont enjoy swimming or the beach, simply to view nature's handiwork and the stunning scenery!

A Walk From Fira to Oia (Part 2)

by steventilly

"12:01pm - Approaching The 3rd Chapel"

You reach the third chapel of this walk pretty soon after you leave the road and start climbing again. It's good that these chapels are there as they really waymark the path well. It makes me wonder too if there's a reason why they're all connected by such a distinct pathway. Is it some kind of pilgrimage route or something?

"12:07pm - At The Third Chapel"

When you reach the third chapel you can see that the end is in sight - Oia is down below you in the not too near distance and from nowon it's downhill all the way.

"12:18pm - Descending Towards Oia"

It didn't take us 11 munutes to walk this short distance down the bank, we stopped for ages by that last chapel photographing all the wild flowerrs that there are and picking a bit of wild thyme to take home to keep with our wild sage from Symi. These wild herbs are really aromatic and you keep catching their lovely smell throughout the "wilderness" sections of this walk.

"12:27pm - Final Chapel"

The final chapel of our walk, just a little way down bank from the last one and only about 20 more minutes to go till we're in Oia properly. I may joke about all these white chapels looking the same, but really they're quite sweet and photogenic, especially in their positions on the moorland.

"12:30pm - The Final Stretch"

The final descent back towards the road into Oia. Where our path rejoins the main road is more or less the outskirts of Oia, where the village peters out and Finikia begins.

"12:40pm - Outskirts Of Oia"

There at last. The road sign says it's 10km to Imerovigli and 12km to Fira, the walking distance is largely the same as the path runs parallel (but usually out of sight of) the road for almost its entire length.

"12:50pm - Sugar Cube Houses"

You know you're in Oia when you see the sugar cube houses tumbling down the cliffs towards the sea below. Beautiful. The village stretches for quite a way along this bit of coast - you may have reached the edge ot Oia but it took us another hour and a half to get from here to the steps down to Ammoundi at the far end of the village! Not because it's a long way (though it's perhaps another 1.5km) but because there's so much to see (and photograph) in the village.

"13:00pm - Taking In The Sights"

After so many little chapels there's always time for one more, this one standing in the grounds of the much larger church that liesclose to the head of the village as you're walking in. We loved this church, it's open area, chapel, monuments and the little old "typical" Greek lady, dressed all in black, who was sat on the bench there. She helped make it all feel a little less like disneyland.

hotel in which part of santorini ?

by jimmybodee

we have found a nice hotel -Finikia Place hotel in oia
is oia or fira the place to stay?
it says the ferry goes to thira? cannot find that on the map

Comments