Santorini Island Hotels

Our Members Say

• littlebush profile photo littlebush
  • Reviews: 1092

Reverie: Reverie

When i started to look for places to stay in Santorini, as it was honeymoon, we wanted somewhere nice, but as it was height of season in August, prices were astronomical.
We are material people but wanted something like a suite but wanted cauldera views, but something intimate, not a big hotel chain with no personal touch, we wanted the ability to self cater as we always like to cook breakfast on our own, and we wanted to be near the action.
THings like jacuzzi in the room, large pool, etc would be a bonus.
After ages and ages (many hours every night), we decided on Reverie and to be honest, it was pretty much a spot on choice.
A family run place with just 18 (i think) rooms, this place was 145 euros per nigth in august, but it was for the only room, the suite that has caldera views.
The suite had a (small) jacuzzi in the room, 2 floors, downstairs being the living room, kitchen and bathroom and upstairs the bedroom which leads out onto the best part, a private terrace overlooking the cauldera! oh did we have fun eating and drinking with that view, pure heaven, the champagne came out and the wine and the music!
the owners are helpful and friendly, they charge 12 euro for airport or port pick up.
they charge for breakfast if you want it but we just self catered.
the suite has a small kitchenette and cooking pots etc.
there is a small outdoor poiol for guests.
views from the suite also expand to the east and you can see the sea all around, spectacular.
the only thing i would say that was disappointing but this is minor! the view is slightly interuppted by a telephone cable, that is right in the way of being able to get any clear shots of the cauldera! being keen photographers that was a bummer but theres plenty of places on the island to get a good shot.
overall, i would stay here again, but it would have to be the suite as i think the other rooms are not so good because the view would be pretty dull i think and you may find a cheaper place with similar dull view.

• Written September 5, 2012

• Johnny72 profile photo Johnny72
  • Reviews: 1

Santorini Hotel Matina: Very friendly Santorini Hotel

Hi,

For many years, i was hearing what a beautiful place Greece is and such an amazing island Santorini is. Finally, last April I managed to get a week of vacation from work and I left for Greece :). Waow, what an experience! I stayed 2 days in Athens which is just a big city with a faboulous old town, Acropolis and history. Then I went to Mykonos for 2 days. It was a very beautiful island with great sandy beaches. My last stop was Santorini and that is where I fell in love. I couldn't imagine such a beautiful place existed. The view to the cliffs is unforgettable. It has exceptional black, red and white beaches. Santorini also has a great history with its volcano and its historical eruptions. People say it was the "lost Atlantis" which they have stories and histories to prove it with. I stayed in a small boutique hotel called "Hotel Matina" which was in the center of Kamari Village, in a small, quiet garden with flowers. The swimming pool and the pool bar was nice to relax after my tour of Santorini. The family that runs Hotel Matina is very friendly and helpful. I certainly recommend everyone to visit Greece and enjoy specifically Athens and Santorini.

Swimming pool, pool bar, highspeed internet, very central and amazingly friendly and helpful staff.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 20, 2012

Santorini Hotel Matina in April 2012

• cachaseiro profile photo cachaseiro
  • Reviews: 1924

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Maria Preka Hotel.: Nice middle class hotel in Kamari.

Maria Preka hotel in Kamari is a classic greek family run hotel when it´s kept very tidy.
I came upon it by chance and stayed there for two nights and liked it a lot.
There is nothing extravagant about the place, but it´s spotless clean and run by a nice eldery couple who take good care of the place.
There is a pool and a nice garden there and the owners are real nice in their own quiet and laid back way.
This place really suits a couple that want a decent but economical place to stay where things are quiet and nice.

• Related to: Family Travel, Seniors
  • Written September 30, 2011
Tip Photo

Maria Preka Hotel in Kamari.

• cachaseiro profile photo cachaseiro
  • Reviews: 1924

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

New Haroula hotel.: Excellent family run hotel in Fira.

The New Haroula Hotel is a brilliant 3 star hotel located in Fira a little down the hill from the caldera.
It´s a very cosy place run by a nice family and the hotel has a very nice garden with pool and all the rooms have balconies facing that garden.
The rooms are not the biggest in the world, but the nice decor and the nice facilities make up for that big time.
They serve breakfast nex to the reception and the atmosphere there is very pleasant.
This is the kinda place i would recommend to people seeking greek charm and good comfort without breaking the bank totally.

• Written September 30, 2011
Tip Photo

New Haroula Hotel in Santorini.

• miniman2804 profile photo miniman2804
  • Reviews: 78

Hotel Amelie, Perissa: Santorini's best hideaway

Small, intimate. Immaculately clean. Marios and Viki were helpful, sociable and friendly.

Perissa is off the beaten track in Santorini, yet it has all you need in a holiday location.

This hotel is just 5 minutes walk from the beach, and if that seems like an effort in the hot sun, then stay around the pool. Neither is it on a noisy main road, and far enough from the front to avoid the noise from the occasional loud bar.

80 euro a night when booked in advance. I think it's cheaper if you tip up, but of course it may be full.

New building. Well maintained and run.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 29, 2011
Tip Photo

• anubanerjee profile photo anubanerjee
  • Reviews: 17

Marizan Caves & villas, Oia- Santorini: The Best Sunset view in Oia

Marizan- in one word is a magical place and the owner yanni really goes out of the way to make you feel welcome and make your stay memorable for life! This is a small speciality Lodging, the rooms have been cut out into the cliffs. So they are all cave houses and have pvt sitting areas.

I was there for 3 nights with my parents- age early 60s and my husband. We reached very early at around 8:00 am. and called Yanni from the liyoyerma car park and there he was to help us with all our luggage that early. Yanni had upgraded us and we got one romantic cave house for the Parents and the got an upgrade and got The private cave house.

The Pvt cave house: is one of the most romantic places especially when the sun sets and you know you have the most glorious view possible in oia. The room is very spacious with all amenities and comforts and a grrt breakfast is served every morning- includes cold cuts (Turkey) Cheese, bread of your choice and milk/ juice etc.

Yannis is there to guide you about every thing and he is sooo warm and genuine, i cannot believe people like him exist in this world. He guided us in detail, post welcoming us about the island and the places to eat, places to see, things we must not miss etc.

Marizan is a quick walk from the oia centre. yes there are a few steps to reach the rooms but my parents who are in thr early 60s had no issues and for the hospitality, the rooms, the views and the sunset those few steps are something one should completely ignore! LOVED MARIZAN...and i really wish i could spend the rest of my life in that pvt cave house! I actually cried the morning I was checking-out! If in Oia, this is the place to be!

The rooftop has a gorgeous little hot tub from whre the sunset is glorious. MArizan is at the tip of Oia. So till the sun dissolves into the sea, you get an unhindered view of the sunset and there cannot be any property or people infront of you to ruin the views.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel
  • Written July 4, 2011
Tip Photo

The sunset from our pvt terrace

• lynnehamman profile photo lynnehamman
  • Reviews: 412

Irini Villas: A Lucky Find in Santorini

We booked this accommodation, sight unseen, on the recommendtion of a travel agent in Athens. I was a bit nervous, despite being easy about accommodation.
However, what a wonderful surprise it was.
The only slight- and I mean slight, drawback was that there are some steps to negotiate to get down to the villas. Because it is, like most places with a marvellous view, built on the cliffside.
We had totally a self-contained flatlet- bedroom (smallish but very cosy) sitting/diningroom and good bathroom. Floors were tiled , with scatter carpets. TV & phone.
I really enjoyed the rustic feel. But most of all, we had a private balcony, with the most perfect view of the Caldera, and cruise ships passing in and out the bay.
There was a shared (for guests) patio also, below us, with comfortable recliners and tables etc.
There is a small pool/jacuzzi type.
Breakfast was served to us every morning, on the patio- simple but wholesome Greek breakfasts. Fruit, yoghurt, eggs as ordered, cold meats , olives and tomatoes. (greek tomatoes are the very best I have ever tasted)
Irini Villas is in Imorovegli, a brisk 10-15min walk from Fira- where most of the shops & resturants are. Its a lovely cliffside walk, with amazing views and a sea breeze. We did that walk twice a day, and enjoyed it immensly.
The service at Irinis is fine. Friendly but unobtrusive.Helpful regarding car-hire and directions etc.
We bought fresh fruit and vegs, milk, bread and cheese and had evening meals on the patio, and it does not get much better than that, for relaxation- for me anyway.

The views the views! and I loved the fact that this place was fully equipped with everything that we needed. Bed was very comfortable.
I also liked that our balcony was private- we had a family next door never saw or heard them, although I knew they were there.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Museum Visits, Arts and Culture
  • Written January 6, 2011
Tip Photo

The patio and small dip pool

• acoelho profile photo acoelho
  • Reviews: 1

Lillium Caldera Villas: Great views over the caldera

Great hotel located over the cliffts looking over the caldera. Each sunset deserves to be enjoyed from the balcony of your villa or from the great pool facing the old volcano.
The villas are well equiped, clean and decorated with good taste and following the island theme.
The staff is nice and helpfull, providing solutions to your problems quicly and awnsering to your questions.
There's a free hotel shuttle to Fira which is handy specially if you don't have a hired car.

Great, great caldera views!

• Related to: Photography, Family Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written October 11, 2010

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

PERISSA CAMPING: It's like a Resort Club with Loud Music

It is like a club with very loud music around the pool. The loud music stops at midnight during weekdays. During the weekend visitors can hear the very loud music coming from Thira night clubs till 6:00 am.

Refrigerator is full of bags. The ground is hard and dusty when walking.
You need to bring your cooking stuff as there is no real place for cooking.

The camping price is high and for a party of 5 with 2 tents, the cost was 60euros per night.

You can easily find a pension in Perissa with a few Euros more!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 16, 2010

Campsite in Santorini

• MissBianca profile photo MissBianca
  • Reviews: 11

Afrodete Hotel: Quaint & Very Warm Accommodation

If you are looking to stay somewhere a little more personalised and homely to get away from the hustle and bustle of usual hotels then the Afrodete Hotel is definitely a great option.

Each guest can enjoy cosy airconditioned rooms, featuring private bathroom, tv, fridge, hair dryer and access to free wifi. Some of the rooms also boast their own private balcony. Hotel Afrodete also has a jacuzzi available to guests and parking space if need be. Breakfast can also be arranged including an assortment of coffee/tea, fresh orange juice, breads and jams and eggs and other special delights (highly recommended). Each room depending on your requirements ranges from 30 to 97 EUR depending on the season.

Located just a couple of minutes walk from both the city centre Fira, famous Firostefani Church and the Santorini's steps, you are close enough to enjoy everything that the island has to offer without jeopardising a good night's sleep. The location of the Hotel sits on the north west side of the island however enjoys the beautiful views of the east. With the welcomes and conversations of Angeleke the live in hotel manager, this little family run hotel will make you feel like you are home away from home. You'll never want to leave!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Singles, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 9, 2010

OIA'S SUNSET HOTEL APARTMENTS: UNFORGETTABLE STAY IN THIS HOTEL

We spent 3 nights in Oia before going to Fira.
We stayed at Oia's Sunset Hotel. We had a warm welcome from the manager of the hotel and offered a bottle of cold water and we were shown to our apartment.
It was a week before Easter and the Hotel was freshly painted and clean. The rooms and bed were huge. There is a very small kitchen in the same room fully equipped, and just opposite us there was a couple from Europe who had come to Santorini to get married and stayed in this hotel. The hotel had the colours of blue and white and there was a small swimming pool in the garden. We were given an uper floor apartment (2nd floor)

If we ever visit Santorini again I would surely want to spend 2 or 3 days at this hotel before going to Fira.
When I left Santorini I was so much impressed by the island that for weeks I was dreaming of being there. Something that I had never felt in any other place I have visited , - and I have visited more than 30 countries worldwide!

Tip: Santorini is not famous for its beaches.
Come to Santorini for its wonderful sunsets, breathtaking views, visit the volcano.
I don't suggest riding the poor donkeys to climb up the hill. I pity the poor animals!
Visit the old city and buy some souvenirs.
Talk with the locals who are friendly and the majority of them can speak English.
I suggest that you hire a car and book both a car and a hotel room before coming here. You will thus save money.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Architecture, Budget Travel
  • Written April 24, 2010

THE HOTEL APARTMENTS

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel KAVALARI: An Exceptional Hotel!

We visited this hotel at Fira one week before Easter in 2009.

We picked it because of its exceptional location overlooking the Volcano on the rim of the Caldera, 300 m above the sea. We had a warm welcome by the manager of the hotel, and we had a bottle of wine and fruit in our room.
Fresh red roses in a vase were also a nice surprise for us.
The Kavalari hotel occupies a traditional sea captain's house built on rock and completely in tune with its surroundings. It has a beautiful garden, and each room has its own style.
The rooms are built directly into the cliff with access to various flower terraces.

It is equipped with both rooms and studio delux rooms. We picked to stay at a deluxe room because it is worth spending something more if you are on this Island!

The main room had a big wardrobe, a sofa, a small mini fridge and kitchenettes.
The hospitality was great here, and we were brought our breakfast up in our room because the restaurant was not working that time.

Looking through the door leading to the balcony it seemed as if you were looking at a poster. The sea below and the Volcano in the distance were so near! We could see all the traffic of vessels and ships, even hearing the music from the cruise ships. Our room had a panoramc view and it was just 5 steps from the road of the Metropolis.
The bed was actually built and it was lovely decorated. If I ever visit Santorini again I would pick to stay at this hotel again.

It is very near taxi and bus station.

• Related to: Seniors, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Photography
  • Written April 22, 2010

• Jawnuta profile photo Jawnuta
  • Reviews: 450

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Thira's Dolphin: large clean studio

As we were arriving right before midnight from Rhodos we decided to call ahead and book a room. After 1 hour internet search we found what we thought was cheap hotel in Akrotiri village. We called and made reservation.
After arriving to Santorini port however we found many hotel owners with much cheaper rooms waiting for those without reservation.
As we did not wanted to be rude we decided to go Thira's Dolphin.
We took a taxi as there were no other options (18 Euro - ouch). The owner was waiting for us and showed us to our room.
We were happy with the room as it was a huge studio with balcony.

We got up early morning and noticed the owner in the garden. We went down to pool area, the owner said 'hello' and expressed his surprise we were up so early. We waited at the pool for breakfast. As they finally opened breakfast area we were disappointed. After being spoiled with breakfasts in Turkey we were presented with "store bought store toasted white bread" and jelly in mini containers. Forget about tomatoes, anything like that. We tried to talk to the owner about boat schedule to Anafi, but he was unhelpful. He called however the port and told us there is no boat today. Desperate we booked room from him for another night despite paying 60 Euro a night.
We went to the town in search of a car rental and came across the nice place, with friendly owner and delightful young man working for him. We rented a car, booked a boat to Anafi and later on found out that there are much cheaper rooms in Akrotiri for 35-45 Euro/night. Oh, well, next time.

Over all we were happy with the room.
It was the biggest room so far in our Mediterranean travels.

We later found out it was overpriced (as hotel was empty we should have bargain better price).

My bigger... not complain, but "un-satisfaction" (lol) was that the owner was inattentive and uninterested in his guests.
HE WAS POLITE, but somewhat sleepy when approached. He gave nothing extra especially that the place was empty and he did not appear to be occupied with anything else. Do not get us wrong, we are not "attention whores" and do not need to become friends with every hotel owner in the world, but his attitude was by far much different than all other hotel owners we encountered during our trip.
Normally owners take care of their guests hoping that one day they will come back, or at least recommend their hotel to someone else. This man didn't do anything - he was like a ghost in his empty hotel.

Would we stay in this hotel again? Why not, but knowing about cheaper places near by, we would rather explore other options.
My rating:
Room - A Great Experience
Hotel staff - Somewhat Unsatisfied
Breakfast - Totally Unsatisfied

• Written February 28, 2010

Thira's Dolphin

• erimyagci profile photo erimyagci
  • Reviews: 7

Seaside Beach Hotel

Seaside beach hotel is at a quite side of Kamari beach. Just in front of sea with clean rooms and helpful staff.

Excellent family run hotel, with a sea view restaurant.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches
  • Written December 25, 2009

Seaside Beach Hotel - Kamari

• lisha74 profile photo lisha74
  • Reviews: 107

Oia's Sunset: Hotel with a Heart

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Perfect location in the center of Oia - steps from both the bus stop and the main square, great views of the sunset from the hotel (allowing you to avoid the crowds coming in from Fira and the cruise ships), and the caldera is just down the street. Also much more affordable than most accomodations in Oia - we had a four person apartment for only 140 euro/night.

What really makes this such a great place to stay is the hospitality of its owner, Panos. Always waiting by the bar, offering up drinks as he asks you about your day, and he's always happy to make recommendations for dining or activites. One of our favorite (and most affordable) meals in Greece was at a restaurant called Roka's, which we never would have found without Panos' guidance. If I ever return to Santorini, I will definitely be staying at Oia's Sunset.

• Written July 6, 2009