Rena Hotel Santorini

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Santorini Island

Santorini the Scenic islandSantorini the Scenic island

Just awsome!Just awsome!

A quiet side streetA quiet side street

Stick To The Footpaths Please!Stick To The Footpaths Please!

Port of arrival

by seref

Dear All,

I'll be traveling to Santorini next month. I'll be using FLYINGCAT 4 to get to Santorini from Crete. I want to learn in which port I'll disambark and how I can go to my hotel in Oia from the port.

Seref

Re: Port of arrival

by johngayton

There are actually 2 ports on Santorini's main Island. The one you will arrive at is the main port, Athinios, which is a couple of miles from the main town of Fira. You'll need to get a bus into Fira and then a bus from the bus station there onwards to Oia. A taxi might be a better idea though as the bus system, whilst very good, can be a little dauntingly chaotic at times, especially as you have just arrived and haven't had a chance to get your bearings.

Have a good trip!

Re: Port of arrival

by ashjon

When you arrive in Santorini from your "Flying cat" there will be a bus waiting for you. No hanging around.

When you arrive in Fira you may be lucky with a bus into Oia or maybe not.
If not a cab will cost around 15-20 euros to Oia.

Know price before you get in the cab ok.

Travel Tips for Santorini Island

Watch the scenery & your money!!!!

by Innovator

Watch the nice views, but also very important, watch your MONEY!!!!!
You lose it second by second due to the lazy inhabitants that make money by profitting of their very expensive prices for everything they sell !!!! The white houses & blue sea & blue skies

Santorini Wine Info

by Jmill42

One of the cool things I learned about Santorini, is just how complicated it is to make wine here. The island recieves very little rain, is made of mostly rock and volcanic rock, and is wind-swept most of the time, all very bad things for grape vines destined for wine making. How do the producers get around these things? Well, first, they weave the vines in the shape of a basket on the ground. They aim the grapes to grow inside this basket and have the leaves cover the top of the basket. What this does, is it provides a barrier against the wind, and also a trap for morning moisture underneath the leaves. It still does not allow for normal size crops or grapes. The grapes are small, but very potent and flavorful. In addition to the already-concentrated state of the grapes, they are given time after harvesting, to sit in the sun and concentrate even more. From this process comes their very concentrated, signature dessert wine, Vin Santo.

Weddings in Satiorini for foreigners

by carolondon

I went to Santorini to get married, and I just had to place a reccomendation for the wedding company I chose to help me achieve this. I looked at a few companies and after looking at lots of glowing references for "Santorini Weddings" I decided to give them a go. The owner, Anna, is polite and helpful in all emails and in person she is friendly, funny and very, very approachable. I felt completely at ease with Anna and enjoyed my day so much more, knowing that someone so professional yet still so friendly and accepting of our ideas, was in charge of making it run well.
Satorini has become a favourite place for 'destination weddings' as they are known, and I was a little worried that I may end up feeling like one in a line of many bride-like cattle, tramping through the routine before the next lorry arrives... But Anna chose a place for the wedding that was exquisite, remote and private. I felt like her energy was focussed on us when ever we were with her and that she listened carefully to our needs and wishes when putting together our day.
We chose a package that includes photos and a video, which means that when we return to Australia to celebrate there with friends and family, we'll have some beautiful evidence of the day to show them all.

This Way to Red Beach

by RawdgerDodger

I walked along the beach from Perissa Beach to Red Beach. It took about 4 1/2 hours but it was 4 1/2 hours of adventure and fun. We did not walk back but instead took the bus from Akrotiri (near Red Beach) across the island to Fira. Once on the beach I was intregued to find that the sand on the beach was indeed red. I was told it was from a volcanic eruption on the island a long time ago. We took along sandals, money, cameras, sunblock, and bought drinks at stops and resorts along the way.

Rooftop dreaming...

by Gwynneth

When the Santorini volcano exploded in the Mediterranean Sea, it left a massive 'caldera' nearly four miles wide!! Its walls uniquely rise up out of the sea and give the geologists and vulcanologists a great deal to study.

The wind at the edge of the caldera (crater) is usually stronger, so most of the mills of the island are built there along with villages of Santorini and Therasia.

Comments