Imerovigli, Cyclades, Imerovigli, 84700, Greece

Expedia.com Tingo.com Travelocity

• The best hotel in Santorini

TheSantorini Princess hotel & apartments stands out amongst other Santorini luxury hotels, in that rather than being perched precariously on the cliff face, it’s set on level ground a few meters back and is resplendent in cream rather than the stark whites of the hotels found in Santorini Oia. Near the village of Imerovigli and accessed by a track leading off the main road, the Santorini Princess Hotel is owned by two brothers, whose wealth of ideas and experience make a stay there a suitably different one from other Santorini luxury hotels & apartments.

Their service philosophy is all about the guest and adding that personal touch to their stay. As we tour the grounds, guests who we encounter are greeted by name, asked how they are and engaged in brief and always polite, conversation. This friendly, almost family feel is reflected when browsing the comments left in the guest book at reception. Most guests, if not all, expressed how they ‘would miss the staff the most’ after returning home – quite something when a view as spectacular as the one found at the Santorini Princess hotel awaits you every morning.

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Stunning........

Santorini Princess.

The most impressive thing about this hotel is the staff, so friendly, lovely and helpful. From the moment we arrived we were greeted at the gate with such hospitality, it was sort of overwhelming.

Our room had the most inspiring view, just gorgeous watching the sunset on our balcony, the room was split level with a bedroom upstairs, which I shall talk about later.

The room was seriously cute, with little shutter windows with white lace curtains. The room was spacious with a small dining table and a wooden couch tucked away in a corner. There was also a tiny kitchenette with a small fridge, but no cutlery. The French doors opened onto a small balcony with a table and two chairs.

The bathroom was large but only had a spa bath with a hand held hose. There were two robes and at least four fluffy towels. The bedroom was up a tight winding staircase with a double bed and one small bedside table and a TV. The only problem here was my man is 6’4 and literally there is absolutely no standing room, one has to crawl into the bed. We were constantly saying “watch your head” but with that, it still was very romantic, sort of like being in a cubby house.

The swimming pool is overlooking The Caldera with wonderful views but is only small and when crowded it probably would not be so attractive.

The restaurant and bar area again very small but romantic and intimate, I don’t think it would be so appealing in their busy times. The food and the service was absolutely fantastic especially our Russian waiter who looked after our every need or whims.

The restaurant prices are not cheap, with saying that we dined at Katikies with other friends who were staying on the island at Oia. We had wished we had extended the invitation to our friends to dine at the Santorini princess, because not only was the food better but the view a 100 times more stunning.

Unique Quality: PROS: The staff and owners are absolutely gorgeous and go out of their way to welcome you. The food is excellent with a great selection, the wine list consists mainly of Greek wine. The views are amazing, just breathtaking; the rooms are very cute and built in the traditional Greek Santorini style. The outdoor areas are well appointed with plenty of deck chairs and table/ chairs.

CONS: I really hate to say a negative thing about this hotel but there are a few minuses. The bedroom although very sweet is tiny with absolutely no standing room it’s more like a loft. There is no shower just a spa bath with a hand held hose which tends to go everywhere. I had to get hubby to stand holding the hose whilst I washed my hair.

The hotel is situated in an isolated spot, which if you didn’t have a car or a donkey, then walking into town is a nightmare…believe me we tried it and opted for the local bus. My suggestion is to hire a car from Fira; we did and then totally enjoyed our stay driving around the Island. This can be done in a day; it’s also very reasonable especially if you hire a smart car, they use about $10.00 E of petrol. I know many honeymooners stay here, but if it was in high season I would prefer something more private.

Recommendation: Absolutely just for the views and the staff.

P.S. the car cost us Euro $40.00 from midday to midday..and saw everything.We also really like Fira as a town, certainly more restaurants/cafes/bars/banks/car hire/taxis than Oia..although not to be missed!.

More about Santorini Princess

Santorini Princess: Heaven on Earth!

by TripAdvisor Member shimspace

We just got back from our Honeymoon on Santorini, and stayed at the Santorini Princess. 3 words: Heaven on Earth! It was so precious and special we found ourselves whispering almost, and did not raise our voice the whole trip! It is close enough to everything you would want to do, but remote enough you hear nothing but the ocean breeze. It rains there 2 days a year! Cobalt blue skies & seas. The owners (Alex & Achilles) & staff there bent over backwards for us, without bugging us once. It was incredible. You are on a cliff with sunset views 300 meters above the Agean Sea. We'll never forget it for the rest of our lives. We had never been to Greece, and there were other couples there that were making a 3 to 5 day stop in Santorini while island hopping, and they both wished they would have spent their whole time there. Prepare for relaxation beyond anything you have experienced before! Heaven.

Heaven on Earth

I just returned from the most wonderful vacation ever in Santorini, Greece. I stayed in Imeroviglia at the Santorini Princess Spa Hotel which I have to say was my most memorable vacation ever. The Santorini Princess makes you feel like you are in a different world , the people are super nice & the place is like heaven on earth. You honestly feel like you are a king & queen while you are there, and we had a hard time leaving to go see the sights. All you want to do is stay by the pool listening to the relaxing music they play all day long, enjoying the incredible view. The people at the Hotel are warm , pleasent & ready to help you with anything you need. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, the decor is so serene & warm & the view is unforgettable. I can promise you if you decide to go you won't want to leave. I have never felt so relaxed & so special. Everyhing about this place is magic. I was told that Santorini was a magic place & after being there & staying at the Santorini Princess Spa I believe it. I will definetly go back to Santorini & stay at The Santorini Princess, there is no need to look for anything better because the Santorini Princess is the best it doesn't get better than this. It is so hard to find a place that offers the kind of service, warmth & beauty that they did.

I can't wait to go back

Maria Tsakonas
Montreal, Quebec
Canada

Breathtaking, elegant & magical!

by TripAdvisor Member atag1

Our recent stay at the Santorini Princess in the town of Imerovigli in Santorini was truly an incredible experience! The resort is in a perfect location nestled between the bustling, touristic town of Fira and the quaint, sun-set seeking crowds of the town of Oia.

The rooms are all unique and well-appointed. A lot of thought was placed in the decor but they are not overdone. Simple elegance is how I would describe the rooms. My bed was tucked away in a step-up enclave of the overly spacious apartment.

The pool's location is incredible and overlooks the incredible panoramic views of the Aegean Sea. Most of the guests never left the resort's pool since it offers everything from the best views, very comfortable lounge chairs and very attentive pool side service.

The food is also excellent. We tried everything from their pizzas to their pasta dishes and were very satisfied. The breakfast buffet is also nice.

I have to mention that the staff at the Santorini Princess is just incredible. They were very gracious and helpful and always greeted their guests with a smile.

When I return to Santorini, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else but the Santorini Princess!

Bravo to Alex & Achilles (and their talented staff) for making their resort a five-star experience!

above avg but not excellent

my husband and i stayed at the santorini princess for 4 nights in july towards the end of our honeymoon. i must say, the view from the hotel is absolutely the most beautiful i've seen in all my travels (even nicer than hawaii). the staff and owners were friendly. the owners came out of their office and welcomed us as our taxi pulled up and it made us feel really special. they showed us to our room and it was nicely adorned but really nothing to really write home about. the tv was small and not a plasma as i thought i read on their website. the amenities in the bathroom were lacking a little too. i couldn't believe that a 5 star hotel would not replenish the toiletries everyday. we had to use the same bottle of shampoo and bar of soap for the whole time of our stay. i guess it's somewhat of a minor complaint but i would have expected something so minor to come from a luxury hotel though. i guess it's a tough comparison especially coming from the grand bretagne hotel in athens where everything was perfect there. though santorini princess was definitely above average, but certainly not execellent.

Incredible!!!

We stayed at the Santorini Princess for 5 nights in late July. I cannot say enough about the entire experience. My review reiterates all of the prior reviews. Alex and Achilles go to great lengths to make this property incredible. I have done a fair amount of travelling and I have never stayed in a hotel that was this nice in every way. You will not be disappointed!

As a side note, the highlight of our trip was hiring a cataraman santorini sailing can be hired through the hotel. I highly recommend the sail around Santorini, it gives you an entire different perspective and was the best money we spent.

BEST place in the world

This is the best vacation I have ever had. The hotel is gorgeous with an amazing view and a lovely pool. The staff is extremely attentive and kind, and you don't ever have to wait for service of any kind, as it is there immediately. I have travelled all over the world, and this is by far the best hotel experience I have ever had.

Fabulous hotel!

What a beautiful hotel with a wonderful view. Our four nights there in early August were very relaxing and very enjoyable. The staff is very attentive (there is a person waiting in the pool area to see if you need anything all day long) and friendly. Our only suggestion is that due to the location of Imerovigli (the town where the hotel is), you will need to either rent scooters or a car to visit other parts of the island.

Fantastic!!! Very memorable and relaxing

The hotel was amazing. It is perfect for couples or families that would like to relax. It is only a few minutes away from Thira in a cab for 5 euros. we stayed in a superior apartment overlooking the pool and then switched to the honeymoon suite. WOW. An amazing experience. We would definately like to come again. Staff very friendly....and very accomodating.

It is worth the extra money. Furniture very modern and rooms are aways clean.

Any tips/info on Imerovigli?

by chopinplayer

HI there- we are going to be in Imerovigli for 5 nights at the end of May. We are staying at the Santorini Princess. I know a little about Imerovigli & were just wondering about distances & if it is possible to walk between any of the villages? WHat type restaurants are in Imerovigli? We are 4 adults in our 30's & we aren't partiers we are just looking for nice relaxing evenings. & for during the day- visiting some of the other villages & just exploring a little bit. Also- what is the possibility of renting scooters? Is it possible? Is it stupid?

Thanks for all of your help!

Re: Any tips/info on Imerovigli?

by worldinabag

Hi

Imerovigli is a fantastic location. Incredible views - be there at sunset (with the bubbly of course). We stayed at the next village Firostefani, one closer to Fira but not quite as high up. Both villages are a short, pleasant stroll to the main town, Fira.

"what is the possibility of renting scooters? Is it possible? Is it stupid?" With respect, yes it is. There are quite a few accidents - tourists with romantic notions! Hire an open top car between four. It's a hoot and not expensive split four ways.

You'll love Santorini. Once you've been you can't wait to return. Have fun.

Comments