Sun Rocks Traditional Residences Santorini

Costs 56% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Sun Rocks Traditional Residences Santorini

The Sun Rocks

by TripAdvisor Member daveedinburgh

My wife and I had the good fortune to stay at The Sun Rocks in July. The hotel is excellent in every way, service, views, the sunset, food etc. From the minute we arrived we have never had such a relaxing holiday and our 7 nights were perfect. We were lucky to get upgraded on arrival to their new Grand Suite which comes with a huge terrace and a private infinity pool pointing directly each night at the sunset.
The staff are all excellent and ensure that everything runs perfectly. The location is ideal probably the best for the sunsets and a short walk to nearby restaurants and shops. A lovely 15 minute stroll along the cliffs takes you into Fira with numerous shops and bars though it gets very busy when the cruise liners are in.
The nature of the location means numerous steps have to be climbed so most of the hotels would be unsuitable for the less mobile. I have read some negative criticisms of this hotel but in our opinion they are unjust.
The hotel is absolutely perfect and we will look forward to returning sometime soon.

Chromata

by virtualpatrick about Chromata

SImilar to Sun Rocks but more designer in style. This 17 room hotel is in Imerovigli which is 10 minutes from Fira. Infinity pool seems to stretch out into the Aegean.
Rooms have air conditioning, phone, cd player, tv.

Amazing place, excellent staff and a great experience

by TripAdvisor Member miceli28

My wife and I stayed at Sunrocks in October of 2005 for 4 days and 3 nights. We can not say enough good things about Sun Rocks. The staff was excellent, food great and of course the view is fantastic. We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite, which offered plenty of room and was very nice. Choosing a hotel in Santorini was difficult because of the numerous choices available, and were extremely satisfied to learn Sun Rocks exceeded our expectations in every way.

Fabulous Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member GreekHoneymooners

The Sun Rocks experience is unbelievable. There are no words to desribe the beauty of the location of the hotel. The view from every angle, from the reception room, to the patio, to the steps, pool, bar, and fine dining is amazing. The service is personalized and all of the staff are warm, nice, and always eager to help. They truly attributed to a wonderful honeymoon experience. The rooms displayed a traditional greek villa experience. I wouldn't rate the bathroom as 4 stars are there were old towels and stains on the curtains, but they were managebale and I trust that after the reviews with the management, they will change it. The hotel offered fine dining with personal service. THIS IS A MUST FOR HONEYMOONERS...nice romantic sunset dinner.

We are already planning our 5 year anniversary to be held at the Sun Rocks.

AMAZING HOTEL. UNFORGETTABLE.

Sun Rocks is one of the unforgettable places where everything is literally, perfect. Amazing staff, delicious food, lovely decor, everything you ever dreamed about when you imagine yourself lounging in the Greek Islands. Exclusive spot I'd recommend to anyone, but especially stylish couples who are looking to have the romantic time of their life. The rooms are VERY spacious with unique, high end furniture- and most have a private lounge area & comfy outdoor furniture outside the rooms to take in the fantastic cliffside views and sunsets. Unique, private dining experience in the evening with 5 star treatment in their upscale restaurant. The best part is the "Couples Only" feeling at this place. The pool atomosphere is laid back and calm- no screaming kids splashing around or leering single men. Just very cool couples enjoying their vacation- mellow and private.

Beautiful, but not quite everything we hoped

by TripAdvisor Member TweekONeill

Sun Rocks is beautiful. The exterior of the hotel is simply breathtaking around every corner. No shortage of views and photo ops, and the service is tailor-made for relaxation--I'm convinced that the friendliest people on the entire island are employed here, and they will happily take care of every request.

We stayed in a honeymoon suite--naturally, as we were on our honeymoon, we wanted everything to be perfect, and the "authentic cliff dwelling" type of room was certainly cool. However, it wasn't at a level of luxury that we were really hoping to have on our honeymoon. The bathroom itself was straight out of any average motel, with no bathtub, just a shower. We were hoping that the in-room jacuzzi would make up for the lack of a bathtub, but, while the jacuzzi was cool to look at, it was left at a constant tepid temperature that was impossible to change; hence, we didn't really use it at all.

Maybe part of the Santorini experience is to have the luxury without the luxury, so to speak--the beautiful views, relaxing pools, and cave dwellings. But, for the price we paid, I really was hoping for more in the luxury department. Not to mention, you'll have an incredible view no matter where you stay. While I would happily come back to Santorini on vacation, I don't think I would stay here again and might look for something a little more conventionally luxurious.

lovely stay @ sunricks

I stayed at SunRocks Villa for my honeymoon with my wife. We stayed in the room with Jacuzzi. The service here in the hotel was great. Response to one of the comment above. The hot water in Jacuzziran went for the Jacuzzi and we called the service people to come check. Actually, the hot water will come back on when you take away the shut for 1 min and the hot water will come back. The service of the hotel was excellent and they were very helpful.

Perfect honeymoon

My husband and I choose Sunrocks for our honeymoon with the help of Janice at The Perfect Honeymoon and perfect it was. The location was perfect, a short walk to town, the view was perfect, amazing sunsets, and the accomodations were out of this world. We had a suite with a private balconey overlooking the water. The food at the pool bar and the hotel restaurant was delicious. One of our favorite parts of the trip was the wine tasting hosted by Theodore a member of the hotel staff. We tasted 10 wines and sampled Greek savories all the while being entertained by Theodore's excellent convesation. Overall we rate Sunrocks a perfect 10!

Absolutely world class staff and accomodations

by TripAdvisor Member exmayorlb

We just completed a five night stay (April 2 to April 6, 2006) stay at Sunrocks. The hotel has just completed an extensive renovation and we arrived a day after they opened for the season. You might expect some problems... The hotel was, without qualification, the very best of experiences. The staff, from Maria (the manager), to each and every member of the 20 people employed by the hotel were exceptional. The service rivals the very best hotels in the world.

The view from every place in the hotel is without parallel. If you visit the web site, you will find that the photos, while beautiful, pale in comparison to the real thing.

We have travelled extensively and we would put Sunrocks at the very top of the heap. Excellence seems to be the standard that is the norm to the hotel staff.

In summary, it is a place to relax, enjoy the privacy that the small hotel provides, and experience a truly exceptional vacation/holiday.

Barry

View is great, but...

We stayed here for our honeymoon and booked a superior room (one above std).
Pros:
1. Nice and welcoming staff
2. Amazing view (although we stayed at another hotel in Oia that had just as fantastic of a view, so I feel like most Santorini hotels would have this as a pro)
3. Great breakfast
4. Huge rooms
Cons:
1. It was a little further away from Fira than we thought, so we ended up having to rent a moped to get around (not that bad of a con...the mopeds are fun...the walk is nice, but not when it's too hot)
2. Not a lot of chairs to lay out by the pool (we had to get there by 10 am to secure a chair)
3. The room seemed a little dated...I understand the "traditional Greek" housing, but the floors and furniture were dusty, the beds seemed old, and the bathroom was clean, but straight out of a hotel from the 80s.

The hotel was nice, but I just felt like for the price we paid, the rooms should have been slightly more luxurious. It was our least favorite hotel we stayed at during our honeymoon (we went to Athens, Mykonos, and Istanbul), but somehow the most expensive one, as well.

SUN ROCKS ANY INFO

by rolo12

HI ALL WE ARE GETTING MARRIED AT SUN ROCKS IN MAY 2005 WE ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD RESTARAUNT NEARBY TO HOLD OUR RECEPTION

Re: SUN ROCKS ANY INFO

by Runnerhams

Will you please write this board when you get back and let us know your experience (both pros & cons, and if you could do anything differently, what would that be.). My boyfriend and I want to go to Santorini next year to get married and we need to decide on where we will stay, the location of the ceremony, etc. We are very intersted in Sun Rocks, but would love to hear your thoughts also.

BTW-- I heard from several people that Restaurant 1800 was just wonderful. Enjoy!!

Re: SUN ROCKS ANY INFO

by mckenna1

My husband and I stayed at sunrocks last year and it is just glorious. Have you been there before? The people there are just fantastic and if you contact them they might give you the name of a good restuarant. What a fabulous location for a wedding - I wish you a wonderful experience and a happy life.

Sun Rocks or Iliovasilema?

by Hezzie

We will be travelling to Greece in June and staying on Santorini for four nights. We are trying to decide between Sun Rocks or Iliovasilema. Looking for recommendations and input. Thanks for your help.

RE: Sun Rocks or Iliovasilema?

by dionissis

Hello,

Sun rocks has an excellent service .there are both very good hotels with awesome views,I suppose prices are about the same ,if so then pick Sun rocks.But notice to take a room with caldera view and get written acceptance of your request.

Have fun ,
Dionissis

RE: Sun Rocks or Iliovasilema?

by moschoula

Hello,
As far as Santorini is concern, I believe that Kamari which is a south-eastern seaside resort is an excellent place to stay. It has night clubs, restaurants, and cinema, water sports, beautiful beach for which the residents are proud of and much more things to do. It is not so far away from the capital, which is Fira, and it is much cheaper than the capital. There is a regular bus root to Fira and it is only 15 minutes to reach the capital.
For more information, I recommend you to visit this website that is quite useful:
www.kamari.gr
A hotel that I can recommend you is Blue Waves. I have stayed there many times. It is very good and cheap!
You can visit its website: www.bluewaveshotel.gr

Have fun!
Moschoula

by latona

Hello There,

I am planning on staying at Santorini for two nights either in early July 2005 or early September 2005.

Has anyone been to the above mentioned hotels? If so, what do you think of them? Which one would you recommend and why?

How are the views?

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Re: Athina Studios, Theoxenia Hotel & Sun Rocks - Anyone Stayed Here? How are the Views?

by EPEKINDINI

1. Go to www.greekhotels.com
2. click on Fira (the town)
3. Click on Anteliz Hotel
4. see the view for yourself.
5. the description is 100% accurate. its breathtaking.
its on the edge of town were its nice and quite, but your also in walking distance from the center of action.
Its on the top of the island so you get the best veiw possible.
I have visited theoxenia hotel and it was really nice as well but nothing beat this hotel. email me if you have any other questions.

Comments