Sunny Villas

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Sunny Villas

Sunny Villas HAD A GREAT TIME with a few exceptions

by TripAdvisor Member VicH

We stayed at Sunny Villas for 3 nights (Sept 2,3 and 4).

We really enjoyed our stay and we are rating our OVERALL experience as Excellent.

Andreas was VERY helpful and really guided us. so A++ to Andreas.

However I would like to point out a few things where I will give them F grade. Please note that these are minor things.

1) Nobody came to pick up us at the Santorini airport despite calling them and talking with Andreas 2 times just 1 day prior to departure. We had a very long flight Houston-Paris-Athens-Santorini and felt very nervous when we were the only folks at the airport at around 7:30 pm after our flight came at 6:45pm.

2) We booked a standard studio. It was VERY SMALL but I am not complaining about the size. What I am complaining about is there was no shower curtain and the floor was getting very wet and slippery after the shower and it was very dangerous for the next person.

Vic Hosing
Houston,Texas

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member CK77

My husband and I recently returned from our European trip. One of the highlights was Santorini. We booked Hotel Sunny Villas and were very impressed when we arrived. Andreas was very helpful, he gave us a run down of the island, told us where we could have a nice meal, organised a rental quad bike etc. The staff were very helpful, they assisted in carrying our luggage to and from the room. The continental breakfast was a great way to start the day. It was delivered to our room every morning. Our room was the highest at the Hotel Sunny Villas. We had exceptional views. It was nice to sit on the balcony and watch the sunset. The room was a nice size for two people, it was clean and comfortable. The walk to Fira took about 25 minutes. It's much easier to walk to Fira then get a bus or taxi back to the hotel as it's uphill. We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Sunny Villas.

Wonderful and Charming

by TripAdvisor Member Jim_and_Erin

We stayed at the Sunny Villas in June. Originally we were going to spend two nights there and then two nights in Mykonos but decided to change to 4 nights in Satnorini about a month before traveling.

The Sunny Villas was very flexible and arranged for us to stay all 4 nights (since we had read such wonderful reviews) in a couple of different rooms since they were booked otherwise. This ended up being the best thing because we got to see two very different room styles- 1 studio and 1 deluxe suite that was built in the cave style.
Both rooms were great- Everything was clean, and very comfortable. If you don't plan on spending much time in your room- the studio for a couple was more than sufficient. The Deluxe suite was very spacious and very cool in that it was built into the cliff. You can't beat the views from the private patios that each room enjoy. Breakfast on the patio was something that made this hotel particularily charming.

Everyone claims to have the best sunset on the island- in our opinion Imorvigli has actually has something to brag about.
The hotel is very centrally located and makes for easy travels to Fira and Oia.

We walked into Fira most of the days we were there. This walk is beautiful.

The hotel staff was extremely accomodating and did not hesitate to to take care of everything we needed.

The Blue Note restaurant located in the neighboring hotel was also wonderful- great food- amazing sunset- and very reasonable prices made this a place we made reservations at a couple of nights on our vacation.

We highly recommend staying at the Sunny Villas- we would stay there again in a heart beat!

Great View & helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member jsmithkra

My wife and I recently spent two nights at Sunny Villas. As with many hotels in Santorini, the view was spectacular. As a smaller boutique hotel this place benefits from a quiet setting that is almost like a private condo. We had probably the smallest room, but a great location next to the pool and bar. It was very quiet and was like having a private pool. Breakfast on our pation was included each morning and was very nice. The staff was very helpful in terms of assisting in any way such as reservations, activities and transportation. There are many steps to and from the hotel so if you have any walking issues this may not be the best. The hotel is a very romantic spot. I think we would get a larger room next time.

Best views in Santorini

by TripAdvisor Member travellerfrommiami

The Hotel Sunny Villas was a great choice for our trip to Santorini. The views from this hotel are amazing and the staff are friendly and give great advice. We stayed in 2 different rooms during our 3 nights. One was a studio type "cave" apartment, one a huge 3 room apartment. Both were equipped with kitchenette and small refridgerator. Pool is small, but so are most at these cliffside hotels. They are mostly used for cooling off, not doing laps. My only complaint are the bathrooms, which just like most european hotels are cramped, have terrible plumbing and old hardware. Water goes everywhere. Other than that, our stay was great and the location is in a great quiet location with direct views of the volcano. A 20-25 minute pleasant (rocky) walk to down to town(Fira) , although we ended up renting a motor bike for exploring which made the treck back up a bit easier. Boat trip to the volcano recommended by the hotel was a nice day trip. Visit town of Oia if you can, it has great views as well and nice shopping.

Palea (Old) KameniPalea (Old) Kameni

The sleeping giant of SantoriniThe sleeping giant of Santorini

admiring the cobbled footpaths & nice shopsadmiring the cobbled footpaths & nice shops

fresh fishfresh fish

WiFi in Fira area

by John3554

I'll be spending a week at Imerovigli and was wondering if I'll have any luck getting a wifi signal? If not at Imerovigli perhaps Fira? I don't subscribe to a local Internet Provider so getting dial-up access is pretty much out of the question.

by brotherleelove

I doubt you'll find any generic wifi signal but some hotels do provide it for their guests. If it's not password-protected you can use it but you'll have to bring along a wifi signal detector. Something else you can do is what I had access to last year. The Greek mobile phone company Cosmote sells a USB mobile receiver the size of a small flash drive (think 'BIC' cigarette lighter) that will plug into your laptop. You can use it by purchasing minutes on it and topping it off as needed. They sell them at the Germanos Store at the Athens Airport on the Arrivals Level near Door 5. They're cheap. You can top it off as needed at the electronics store in Fira just downhill from the town square on the one-way side street where the bus from Oia turns when entering the village.

If you want to try for a free wifi signal from a hotel here's a list:

by brotherleelove

Thinking more about it, I wouldn't be surprised if you can't also buy that wifi receiver at the electronics store in Fira.

by johngayton

Cafe Classico in Fira, overlooking the caldera, offers free WiFi - I haven't used it and so can't attest to it's reliability. Your wireless modem should pick up the signal and you don't need an IPS. There's also an excellent internet cafe in Fira's main square which is reasonably cheap and with a good fast connection.

by John3554

Thank you John and Brother. Very helpful info.
Cheers, John

by greekcypriot

Internet access is a problem when we travel abroad indeed!
This is also a problem I face when abroad because I am a guide writer and need my laptop all the time.
Both in Greece and Cyprus you can find Cafes or Restaurants that have free internet access. Just ask before sitting to have your meal or coffee.
Spot the one with the fastest internet access and stick to it.

Another tip is to try and find Hotels with Free internet access,and before leaving stress to them about your appreciation for this free service offered to you.
Because I travel a lot myself, I see that more and more hotels have free internet access nowadays, and we who need it so much should encourage them.

Comments