Fira, Fira, Santorini, GR-84700, Greece

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 188% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• HELEN's Profile Photo

Beatiful Views

Located on the Caldera in Fira, this hotel has beautiful views of the Aegean sea and the volcano. Since it's just around the bend of the Caldera it's away from the noise of the center of town, which makes it very quite. The fact tat it's quite, could be a good or a bad thing depending on what you are looking for. Since there were 5 of us in one room, quite was the last thing on our mind. We got in trouble almost every night, but that just forced us to go out instead of hanging out on our patio.
    The staff is very friendly and helpful. The prices are reasonable in comparison to some others.

Unique Quality: Unlike many other hotels, this one offers 4 person rooms. Our quad was big enough for them to allow us to have 5.
    Like just about anywhere in Santorini, beware of the steps. There are about 60 steps that you'll take to get to and from the hotel. Every room has a private patio, which is really nice to have. We watched many sunsets there.

Directions: The Caldera

• Excellent Hotel-Low Rates-Central Location

Hello!
    I have been to Santorini recently where I stayed in Fira. I was really pleased with my hotel, Tzekos Villas. I booked it on-line just by seeing photos and I wasn't really sure what to expect but it turned out to be excellent. It is very close to the center of Fira where the nightlife and all the shops are, its prices were reasonable and the receptionist really helpful. I liked breakfast too and my room had a wonderful view. I am giving you the site that I made my reservations, the people who suggested this hotel to me were very quick and helpful. I hope you have a nice time in Santorini.

Unique Quality: Great view, very central location but not noisy, swimming pool, helpful receptionist.

Directions: Tzekos villas is situated 6km from the airport and 12km from Athinios port, right in the center of Fira, the beautiful capital of Santorini.

• Hated this hotel

My husband and I traveled to Santorini with my mother and cousin and we all hated our experience at the Tzekos Villas. The hotel, first of all, has no elevator and is basically located on the side of a cliff. So do not pack heavy because you will go down a total of about 64 stairs (some being cobblestone and not level) to just get to the front desk. Then you will descend additional steps, some without a handrail, to wherever your room is below the lobby.
    My husband and I were supposedly given the best suite in the hotel and it was filthy! There was hair and dust everywhere. It was disgusting. It was a loft style with a very odd configuration. The lower level held the 14" tv, a dirty couch and the bathroom. The upper level was where the bed and phone were located. The steps leading up to the bed, fashioned in a ladder style, were very steep and narrow and I practically needed a harness to get down without killing myself in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Since the only phone in the room was located upstairs, it was a treacherous trip up to try and catch any calls. Additionally, it was not well air conditioned. The nights were miserable, I couldn't sleep because the air conditioner barely ran.
    The villas are the rare exception of a hotel that doesn't have a restaurant. It had a very poor excuse for a kitchen at the pool with a George Foreman grill and small sink for making some sandwiches and some other basic items but it was a far cry from a resturant. There was also a continental breakfast each morning lacking the most basic breakfast staples.
    Overall, Santorini was gorgeous and we loved it but I absolutely hated this hotel and would discourage anyone from staying there.

Unique Quality: The view

More about Tzekos Villas

Tzekos villas vs. Volcano View

by marykek1as

we are traveling to Santorini in I have a one yr old child and a10 yr old child
both hotels look nice. Although the rooms in Tzekos are not clear in the pictures and the Volcano View may be too far away.
does anyone have any comments or recommendations for a family with children.
We would like to stay on the Caldara if possible and be in walking distance to Fira Town.

RE: Tzekos villas vs. Volcano View

by hmoitta

We stayed in Oia, in a place I think it's better than a hotel for a family, because it has a kitchen, living, swimminng pool and a lovely sea view; I think Oia is more interesting to stay than Fira; anyway I advise you to rent a car to go to places like Kamari,see the archeological places somewhat out of town and only reached by car. I've put the web site hotel in my Greece, Santorini or Oia pages, take a look.

RE: RE: Tzekos villas vs. Volcano View

by marykek1as

Thank you so much I will look up your web site.

Comments