Karteradhos 84700, Greece

Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com Travelocity

• carolondon's Profile Photo

A little way out of town, but worth it

OK, before I settled on this hotel I looked up reviews on the internet to be sure I was picking the right place, after all, I was taking my entire wedding party there and I didn't want to choose a dud hotel. They all said what a great place it was, and I felt reassured. On first inspection, it appeared great - clean, pretty rooms, good bathrooms, a large icy cold pool and lots of sun loungers and umbrellas, and only a 2 minute bus ride into the main town of Fira. However, the owner of the Hotel, Poppy Filitsis, is a law unto herself. I had been emailing her details of the group and their requirements for 6 months before we arrived, and every query was always answered with speed and in the sweetest way. I thought I had it all sorted, but when we arrived and spoke to Poppy, all of a sudden she had "forgotten" that she had promised all my guests a reduced price breakfast, she had also "forgotten" that all my rooms had been booked with balconies. And anything we queried seemed to have a 5 euro fee per day if we wanted to secure it. It is also not exactly in the village of Karterados, but a short walk along a rather hair raising road. I felt really fed up.

Unique Quality: The hotel itself is really really lovely. You are guaranteed a spot by the pool and something to sit on, and in the heat of a Greek summer, you need it! The rooms are cleaned daily and all come with a fridge. It is always nice and quiet at night for a peaceful sleep, and should you wish to head to town for some fun, the bus takes just 10 minutes, or a taxi is only 4 - 5 euros.
    I want to recommend this place, because as a place to stay, you can't fault it. But I must warn you, before you leave home, fax or email Poppy with a confirmation of all you have agreed upon concerning your stay. Print off a copy for yourself and show her you have it the minute you arrive so that there can be no confusion on what was agreed and what you are paying. The prices are great anyway, but with any little thing cropping up for another 5 euros per day (eg: breakfast/airconditioning/balcony/kitchenette) you may find the price of your room changes quite dramatically! Poppy is very organised on email but disorganised in the flesh, so having a print out will save you from disaster and allow you to enjoy your stay. Which, once things are sorted, I am certain you will...

Directions: From the port, head to Karterados, but turn off when you see the pink and white building on the right saying "Manos Villas". If you get to the petrol station, you have gone too far.

• snorril's Profile Photo

In the country

Well once again we took a chance by dealing with the touts. And again we were not really satisfied.

The owner told us that the hotel was in Fira and even pointed on a map of Fira to show us where it was. We were only supposed to be 10 minutes walking to Fira but it turned out to be 30 minutes on the roadside.

To top it all the owners said they couldn´t transfer us back to the port after our stay although in the beginning they said it was included.

Unique Quality: We decided to stay on as we didn´t know how far we were from Fira and also because the hotel had a really nice poolgarden and wasn´t that expensive.

More about Villa Manos

loved villa manos

hi

We stayed in Villa Manos in May for four nights and we would really recommend it.
It was €30 a night for our room - which was a family room - and we couldn't ask for more.

Poppy and her hubby were very friendly and helpful - picking us up from the airport and dropping us back - and the place was very well kept.

There's a really nice pool, it's close to transportation links, and is only a short walk to towns like Fira or Kartarados.

It was quiet and peaceful and different from the honky tonk ultra touristy spots like Fira. we'd recommend it.

Loved Villa Manos on Santorini

by TripAdvisor Member gotex

Our family of four( my husband and I and a teenage daughter and teenage son) recently spent 4 nights at villa manos on the island of Santorini, Greece. It was a perfect selection for our family. We had a 2 bedroom suite with bath, refrig. A/C and balcony. The room was clean and comfortable and the price excellent. Poppy and family were wonderful hosts-helping us with any requests we made. You can have a full breakfast for 5 Euros each morning, however, since we are not breakfast people, we declined. The pool is really nice-quite large compared to other hotel pools on the island that we saw. The bus stop is directly across from the hotel and buses run often to various points on the island. Cost for bus is little. The town of Fira is about a 15 minute walk, however, we found it difficult to walk it due to the traffic and the lack of walking area beside the road. Poppy arranged a rental for us for 2 4wheelers at a good rate(20euros for 24 hours) and that was a great way to get around-especially to climb the cobblestone road to the ruins of ancient Thira. All in all-We Would Return. We'd definitely stay at Villa Manos again.

santorini, villa manos

its is not 4 star, but it is a very nice clean and safe place, and a wonderfull and very helpfull couple who runs it. close to town but out of town, which is nice. unfortunately i had the experience that when i arrived the room i had booked for a price of 25 € was not free and the only room i could get was 40€ -because there was 4 beds in it, (I was alone) after some discussion i got it for 35€. you rent a car for 20€, but the car the company brought was in a very bad condition - so i had to pay 25€ if i wanted one where gear and breakes worked. a good way to get around the island, especially because the busses often are full and don`t stop - so you are lost standing waiting on the road.

Go To Santorini, Stay At Villa Manos!!!

Villa Manos is a beautiful hotel. The family run establishment has some of the nicest people inside that we met on our entire 3 week trip! Rooms were clean and aside from being a little cold, very comfortable. The staff were unnessicarily helpful with everything from driving us to the airport for free, to helping us book tours and cars. The hotel is situated about a 20 min walk outside Fira, which we found to actually be quite nice, and with the cheap price of rental vehicles it really isn't that much of a bother at all. We love Poppy she is the nicest person ever, stay at Villa Manos and find out for yourself!

Villa Manos is nice - don't read too much into the negative comments

by TripAdvisor Member Squiz

Having just returned today (6th July) from a week stay in Villa Manos I had to write another review because yet again, Tripadvisor got it right! I always book my hotels on here and have always been happy - Villa Manos did not let us down!

The location is superb! Katerados is ideally placed, it is very quiet and only costs 4 or 5 euros in a taxi into the capital of Fira and the bus stops right outside too! The facilities are fine and very nice for the price. I have stayed in Greek islands 4 times now and have stayed in some dodgy places and paid more. Poppy and her family make everyone welcome and even offer help with transfers from the port or airport! Breakfast can be bought for 5 euros and is available until 12.15pm! Or if you prefer you can walk 5 minutes up the road to Katerados itself where you will find the lovely restaurant 'Tabasco' or if you prefer go get a lovely burger or a warm crepe from Antony at 'Il Panini' a little farther along the road.

We hired a Quad Bike for 2 days (which Poppy kindly sorted for us) and it was the best thing we did. It is very cheap and very safe. The roads on the island weren't busy. We travelled the length of the island and saw some amazing views. I'd recommend it to anyone.

In a nutshell - Villa Manos is clean and tidy with a lovely pool. It's safe and secure and above all friendly. There is also a friendly dog Sami who we loved!

Lets face it, if you want a little luxury then don't scrimp on your accomodation, book somewhere else and cut Poppy and her family some slack on this website. However, if you are down to earth and want to spend your holiday in a place where you will always feel welcome, will feel safe and nothing is too much trouble then book Villa Manos.

Ignore the 2 given above - Villa Manos is Definitely a 5 !

by TripAdvisor Member Sweetpeatraveluk

Having just returned from Villa Manos 3 days before the above, I can only think they stayed somewhere else, somewhere with all of the negatives described. Poppy and Vangelis welcome you as if you are thier only guests and it feels that way. True meaning of service I feel. Location is superb, quiet and calm, pool is great and truly relaxing throughout the day. Buses are not regular, however, for 20 Euro we hired a quad bike and toured most of the island for 4 days. It was a great way to get around. Rooms are small and basic, however at the price you are paying they are again superb. This is not Buckingham Palace, thank goodness, and with the correct expectations achieves 5 for me everytime. I would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel to anyone. It was perfect for purpose with additions that irrespective what star rating a hotel is are usually found as a bonus. All the best Poppy, Vangelis and family. Sharon & Roger Edwards, Portsmouth England.

Paid more than we expected

by TripAdvisor Member jlhw44

Overall the Villa Manos is a lovely hotel, with a very friendly owner (Poppy). It's not in a great location, but we took a cab into Fira everytime we went, which was only about 4 euros. The rooms are fine, with minimal accomodations, but certainly nothing to complain about. Unfortunately though, we expected to stay at Villa Manos for 25 euro a night, the rate at which we had reserved. When we got there though, there were apparantly no smaller rooms available, and we were put in a larger room for the night. We assumed that the rate we booked at would be honored. When we went to check out though, this rate was not honored and we paid alot more than we had expected to. IF we had paid only 25 euro for the night, this hotel would have been close to perfect, but unfortunately our reservation was not kept, which made our stay at this hotel below average.

Villa Manos Fira

by pinklady1980

Hi

I have just recently booked 2 weeks at the Villa Manos apartments for August 2006. Has anyone ever heard or been to the apartments?

If so what are they like and how close are they to restaurants and pubs????

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

RE: Villa Manos Fira

by simosvog

Manos apartments are in Firostefani, the village between Fira and Imerovigli, next to to the village center where you can find some nice restaurants. For drinks you would probably go to Fira which is 15 min. on foot (see map of the island at http://www.motorinn.gr/en/map.html).The location is great, the view extraordinary and Manos apts is operated as a bed and breakfast. The only disadvantage is that the balconies are not private but common with the adjacent apartments.I wish you a great time!

RE: RE: Villa Manos Fira

by pinklady1980

Thanks for getting back to me!!!!!!

RE: RE: Villa Manos Fira

by Maurizioago

Has this hotel a web-site?

Comments