Villa Valvis Hotel

Maria Restaurant - AkritoriMaria Restaurant - Akritori

nightlife plus good food

by gguernica

hi buddies,
from 2 to 9 august 4 guys (2 girls and 2 boys) will go to santorini.
do you know which are the most 'in vogue' locals or clubs where going to have fun?
people told us to check out the appropriate locals or taverns where eating because there 're a lots of places where the food is not good and u pay very expensive...instead we want to eat in locals where the greek people usually go to eat so they are really typical..hope u can help us!!

Re: nightlife plus good food

by microsensazione

Hello gguerina!
I think you speak Italian language coming from Palermo. I'm not sure about that so, for the moment, I write you in English. ;)

Well, I should recommend "Koo Club" for NIGHTLIFE. I spent a night there and I'd say it was good. Take a look on: http://www.kooclub.gr/
An other club is "Enigma" but I cannot say anything about; I never went there. Take a look on: http://www.enigmaclub.gr/hotnights.htm

About FOOD.
I did not search a lot about restaurants before going there and so I did not found very good food... :( Anyway, I think you could search on Virtual Tourist tips something about restaurants and maybe find something very interesting.

About BEACHES.
I should recommend you this link to have a first description
When I visited Santorini on years 2006 I found "Perivolos Beach" quite cool.

Don't miss...
...to visit OIA (also known as IA) village, I found it very nice!
An offbeat could be PYRGOS and, not so far, the Church of Panagia Episkopi
You could have a quick help on what to visit also on:

Post again if you need more deep info.
Hope you'll have a very nice stay in Santorini!

By Fabrizio from Italy!

Re: nightlife plus good food

by gguernica

grazie tante fabrizio!!

Travel Tips for Santorini Island

Kamari

by sandysmith

We enjoyed our few days stay in Kamari - its such a contrast from Fira - and its flat!
Its a laid back cosmopolitan beach resort with a black sand and pebble volcanic beach. The sand looked finer towards the rock end which separates it from the next beach resort of Perissa.
However the beach wasn't as good as I thought it would be - plenty of facilities wiith beds and umbrellas but we were just as happy to stay on the beds around our hotel pool and gaze at the sea from there.

The resort promenade takes about 10-15 mins to stroll from one end of the other and its lined with lovely tavernas, bars and cafe - some quite upmarket. ATM's, mini-markets, shops and gryros stands are also available.

Yoghurt!!!! Yummy!!!

by chrissyalex

I LOVED the yoghurt here! The best I've ever had ...anywhere! Thick,creamy,flavorful with a zip of tanginess. So rich and filling, it is sinful. I am sure the fat content is quite high, but it is definately worth the splurge! It is great plain, but even better served with fresh fruit or honey and nuts.c* The yoghurt is also used to make dips such as Tzadziki. Tzadziki is a dip consisting of cucumbers, yoghurt ,salt and lots of garlic. it is delicious served with pita bread.

Kamari resort in Santorini island

by Aggeliki

Kamari is a touristic resort at the eastern coast of the island. The beautiful black sandy beach of Kamari stretches for five miles in length. All tourist shops, hotels, restaurants and entertainment spots are situated on the seafront. And a number of water sports are also available like water skiing, windsurfing and others. From Fira you can take the bus to Kamari with frequent service.

Lessons on the Greek Cuisine!

by greekcypriot

At "Selene Restaurant" a visitor has the chance to taste the Local wines, try the Greek cuisine, and also have a one day cook course, or a three day cook course.
This place here offers cooking lessons for the last 10 years.

It used to be at Fira, but the new location is very near the central square of Pyrgos.(check the site)

THE ANCIENT CHURCH OF PERISSA

by DAO

There are not really too many places to go off the beaten path on Santorini. I found this ancient church very near the main church in Perissa. It is fenced in, but they are so damaged you could easily jump over and have a closer look. It is signposted as the 'Early Christian Basilica of Ayia Erini'. Unfortunately I have not been able to get more information on its age.

Comments