Vip Suites

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Vip Suites

A Place to Stay

by sunset_gal

We are sifting through many many hotels and trying to decide on one. We cannot decide if we want to stay in/near Fira and take a trip out to Oia or stay in Oia. How long is it from Fira to Oia?

How accessible is Oia with our luggage? Probably not too smart? Any suggestions on a reasonably-priced room with a caldera view?

by brotherleelove

Oia is 8 miles from Fira. Oia is no more or less accessible with luggage, autos can't get very far into the heart of either village. Both villages are built on the cliff and most hotels require some walking up and down steps for access. Let me know which hotels in Oia you're considering and I'll try to "rate" them according to accessibility.

Some in Oia to consider: Anemomilos Hotel, Delfini Hotel, VIP Suites, Chelidonia Villas and Volcano's Villas.

by hmoitta

stay in Oia, I've put on my Greece or Santorini pages the name of the hotel we stayed, with an wonderful view and very accessible for luggage

by AcornMan

I know many people recommend staying in Oia, but personally I prefer Firostefani because it gives you much easier access to the rest of the island, it's within walking distance of Fira, the hotels, restaurants, and shops are less expensive than Oia, and it is less crowded. Definitely do go visit Oia when you're on Santorini. I recommend going for most of the day and then staying for the sunset.

Of course these are merely my preferences. There was nothing about Oia that I actually disliked. I just though Firostefani was an ideal place to stay for the reasons I mentioned.

long term rental in Feb?

by funkym

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Santorini next February and would like to find somewhere to stay for two months that isn't expensive. Is such a thing possible as I'm having a hard time even finding any hotels or apartments that are open at that time of year.

Thanks

RE: long term rental in Feb?

by brotherleelove

I've stayed on Santorini twice for 6 months. Both times I asked around once I got there and those locals whose businesses were open when I arrived were the best source of information for local off-season rentals. The villages are small and everyone who is there knows everyone else who is there during the winter. You'll get the best deal if you offer to pay the full two month's rent in advance, so be sure you like what you've found. Always check for secure door locks, clear drains, hot water and strong water pressure. Also check in the bathroom for sewer gas odors. That can be a big problem with some of the places there. Make sure you know in advance if your water and electricity is included with the rent.

RE: RE: long term rental in Feb?

by brotherleelove

One place you can contact is Ecorama Holidays in Oia, the most beautiful village on the island. Some of the properties they represent are listed on websites for hotels that are open in the wintertime. I'm thinking specifically of the Musses Studios and maybe the VIP Suites.

Comments