Aegean Village Hotel

Otel.com

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Aegean Village Hotel

loved aegean village

both my 16 year old daughter and 12 year old son had such a great time here, me too, the pool was huge, never packed with bodies at all, fantastic we loved it, the beach was clean and the sea so clear, it was great to see fish swimming around your feet!! and the price for the sun beds and shades were very reasonable for the day, our room was lovely, very clean, infact the whole complex was extremly clean, the staff were so friendly, especially the animation team... they helped make our stay a memorable one, thanks all. The food was great, a good variety every night, puddings to die for!!!. oh and the Aegean Village red wine is a must, couldn't get enough in my case to bring home, never tasted anything like it, very good, well we all hope to go back next year, but for longer as we only had one week and you really need two weeks at this fantastic resort. A big thankyou to all staff, animation team, oh yeah and Vacillis and Christos in the Pool bar.....

Aegean Village - Okay

by TripAdvisor Member AGR

My wife and I have just returned from a week at the Aegean Village. having read the many varied reports written about it, we went with an open mind. When we arrived, late at night, we found the reception staff to be very polite and helpful and within minutes we were being 'shuttled' by the hotel minibus up to our room. - High up on the cliffside overlooking the Aegean sea!
The following day we were quick to realise just how high up we were to stay. Luckily we are fit and able couple who don't mind the exercise, or the view, but some others may hate it! Day and night the hotel 'shuttle' minibus can be heard (noisy diesel transit) going through the gears as it constantly picks up and drops off.
The rooms are very basic and display poor workmanship, especially the fittings. (sockets, switches and shower)
We took our own travel iron and kettle and used both often.
The fridge in the room, although small is a valuable asset. We took a cool bag and ice packs so this worked great for our trips down to the beach.
We were pleased to find the hotel food to our liking, although at the evening meal there were long queques - esecially for the desserts counter (popular because they were so tasty)
I agree with previous reports that the Hotel animation team are loud and a nuisance. Particulary one of the female members, whose over the top shouting and immature laughter made me cringe. After every competition "Loser" "loser" she would scream. - I think that she would be better suited straped to the funnel of a ship on a bad night!
The walk down to Karmenia is worth it. Cheaper to drink and more to see. Overall an Okay place to stay, but would try somewere different if we went to Kos again.

What a great place

I have just returned from a week at the Aegean Village Hotel and just had to tell you what a great place it is. I was a bit worried when i first arrived in Kos as it seemed to be mainly 20 somethings on my bus, however as we dropped them off i was relieved that none were staying in my hotel. I was very impressed upon arrival at my hotel the entrance its self is fab, they take you to your room in a little mini bus too. The staff are great, really friendly and helpful and so much fun. The pool is fantastic and there are plenty of things to keep you busy if you don't fancy lounging by the pool, like vollyball, mini golf, beach vollyball, lots of sea activities too, windsurfing and such lilke. The food was great, lots to choose from and very healthy, i think i lost weight despite having puddings everynight!! It is a family friendly hotel and i thought lots of kids would be loud, but i hardly noticed them. There were also lots of couples too and they seemed to enjoy it. I went on my own and had a great time. I would go back (and i've never done that) and take my two children as i liked it that much, they would have a great time.

i can't praise it enough. Highly recommend.

A brilliant week!

by TripAdvisor Member sisharbfd

My partner and I have recently returned from a brilliant week's holiday at the Aegean Village Hotel.

The rooms are kept very clean and are quite basic with very little storage space for your clothes but the fridge and air conditioning are free, although the air conditioning is a bit noisy. We hired the safety deposit box which cost 10 euros for the week. The towels are changed every day, and the bed sheets every other day. All the rooms are set on the side of a hill and have either a balcony or terrace, with stunning views over the Aegean Sea and Turkey in the distance. A 24 hour minibus service is available for guests whose rooms are on the higher levels.

The food on the whole was very good but became a little repetitive after a while.

The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly, especially on reception - they spoke very good english.

The pool area was lovely and there were always sun beds available, however the animation team can be a bit rowdy at times!

Most of the evening entertainment seems to be provided by the animation staff but there is a Greek
Night every Friday. We went into Kardamena town most nights which is 15-20 minutes walk, or you can catch a bus over the road from the hotel for 1 euro, or get a taxi for 5 euros.

If you don't want to stay in the resort all the time I would recommend a trip to Kos Town (by bus from Kardamena) or a boat trip to Bubble Beach.

So, overall we had a great week and we would definitely stay there again.

Extremely Disappointed !!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Gabriel74

I was fooled by Last.minute as it was flagged as "luxurious 5* Aegean Village in Kos". It was the worse holidays I have ever been. I only stay in 5 * hotels around the world and this was not a 5* at all, there was not luxuriousness whatsoever. Before going here I have read all the feedback in tripadvisor and I have to say that people who consider this to be a great place have no clue what a real 5 * is. I am seriously consider not using Lastminute on the future as their information they have provided me was not accurate and 100% misleading. Be aware that "The luxurious 5* Aegean Village" charge you for the use of the "Private Beach" €3 per day per person, beach towels €3 per week, Gym €22 per week per person, please bare in mind that their Gym equipment was very out-dated and did not look very safe. The swimming pool is very, very crowded, the animation stuff is very pushy and they keep shouting all the time, so if you have in mind a siesta by the pool, forget it. They do not provide you with even shampoo and conditioner and the quality of the food is really poor and basic. If your standards are low, then go here and you will have the time of your life.

Loved it!

Firstly i feel that many people on this site are either excessively cynical or besotted when it comes to writing reviews so I will try to be as honest as I can.

This was my first holiday away with my lovely girlfriend. On arrivival we were very glad that we were going to the Aegean Village after seeing a good four or five other local hotels courtesy of our airport transfer! The lobby is quite grand marble etc etc, but lets be honest who really cares about the lobby!? The hotel is set out like a typical picturesque mediterranean village on a hillside, dont worry however as there are a constant fleet of mini buses that drive holiday makers up and down from there rooms. The rooms themselves are great, no frills but exceptionally clean. No building has more than two tiers and each either has a balcony or a terrace with a table and chairs (lovely for sitting out on those warm nights) All rooms face the endless deep blue Aegean sea!

Breakfast is a continental buffet affair with food that will suit anyone from any country in Europe. For us Brits they have bacon, sausage, egg, beans etc, for the Germans cold meats cheese etc, greek breakfast usually compromises of thick greek yoghurt with dried fruits and nuts. But other than that, cereals, fresh pastries, fresh fruit and fruit juices are all available alongside coffee and tea.

The buffet dinner is good in that the dishes served change day to day but the gorgeous fresh bread and salads remain daily. Everyday a huge lump of meat is on the carvery but really it would take half an hour to describe all thats on offer, it is all good food though! Oh and the snack bar by the pool is the best though, make sure you try Gyros and the HUGE slices of watermelon for something silly like 1.20 euro's, just what you need for refreshment!

The pools huge, but can get busy, yet this is not one of those hotels where you will have to get up at 6.00am to get a sunbed, you can get one poolside any time of the day.

The beach is beautiful, clean and has an array of watersports on offer! We did parasailing which was out of this world!

I'll be honest Kardamena is a bit of a dump, full of binge drinkers and clubs. However worth a visit is Kos town, an intreaguing blend of the old and new with ancient typcial Greek ruins, narrow cobbled streets and great food. Some parts are quite tourist based and the locals can be a bit pushy to get you to visit there shops! Its lovely though and we had a meal by the harbour which was very pleasant.

For those who think going to Kos will be a beach holiday and nothing else, you are far from the truth! In ancient greek history it was home to Hippocrates, one of the pioneer physicians and you can visit 'his study.' Also my girlfriend and I took and excursion to very near island called Nisyros, home to an active yet dormant volcano. There was so much about it this fascinating island from the huge craters to the local village that has a population of about 45, it was all beautiful.

Back to the hotel, the 'animation team' were great, but a bit roudy at times. Evening wasn't spectacular, but good enough. Highlights included a Greek night, with a free BBQ and greek dancers and live music. Drinks are very expensive at night in the disco however.

I could write all day about my experience, but I'll end it here. I'll upload pictures soon. Ive seen the hotel advertised as a 4 and 5 star hotel. I must say however that the Aegean Village, as good a time as I had, is definately NOT a 5 star hotel, but a good 4 star. I hope my review helped and I highly recommend everyone to visit Kos, and in particular stay at the Aegean Village hotel.

Go to --- for more pictures and information.

Rather disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member birma04

We went to the Aegean Village with an open mind having read other reviews. Many reviews stated that they thought that this hotel was suited to families with small children and as my husband and I have a 7 year old son we thought we would give it a try. I have to admit we were quite disappointed.
The hotel itself is not bad. It is clean and has good public areas. It also has a lovely big swimming pool and a children's pool. The dining areas are pleasant (although rather more canteen-like than restaraunt-like in the evening) and we enjoyed the food. It is not, however worthy of a five star rating. Personally i would rate it at 3 star (although the food was perhaps worthy of a 4 star)
Our room, although very clean, could perhaps have benefited from a refurbishment and was rather small for 3 people to share. My sons bed was a sofa/bed and was dierctly opposite our own bed, giving us no privacy at all. We had 1 wardrobe and one drawer between the three of us.
Initially we thought a mistake had been made as the third bed hadn't been made up and we only had 2 towels, glasses etc. but the reception staff informed us that this was a standard room and the maid was sent to make up the other bed and bring an extra towel.
The air conditioning was efficient but very noisy and could not be left on at night if you wanted to get some sleep. We also discovered on the first day that bath water can not be emptied in the usual fashion (i.e, pulling the plug out) or the water comes through a grid in the bathroom floor, flooding the bathroom and bringing up all sorts of filth with it! Apparently the plug should be raised slightly at the corner and let out one drip at a time to avoid this problem.
The hotel offers a courtesy mini bus for guests as it is situated on a steep hill. Unfortunately, each night, because of the position of our room we were forced to suffer the noise of this mini bus revving up the steep hill every 10 minutes until the early hours.
Mosquito plugs and spray are a must! I never usually get bitten abroad but on this occasion made numerous tasty suppers for the local mozzies.
We chose this hotel for the facilities it claimed to have. We were diappointed to discover that the brochure discription wasn't completely accurate. It does have a gym but it is rather antiquated and costs 4.5 euros per session. This also applies to the saunas. The jacuzzis do not exist. The jewellary shop has closed down, as has the hairdressing salon and the beauty parlour. The "boutique" has a limited stock of clothing in tiny sizes (if you are above a size 12 forget it!) and is open for 2 hours a day.
The mini club for kids was very poor. It consisted of a small room, a couple of games and some colouring books. We enquired about when it was open but were told that as there weren't many children there it was not running. One of the animation staff approached our son and told him to let her know whenever he wanted to play and she would play. Over the course of the holiday he approached her 3 times. Once she was on a break (smoking a cigarette), once she was too busy and once he was apparently too late(ten past five in the afternoon). At all other times she was impossible to find. It soon became apparent that the animation team aimed their entertainment at the adult guests and the female staff in particular prefered flirting with the men rather than entertaining the younger ones.
The hotel staff in general are very polite and helpful. The pool bar staff were wonderful and provided more entertainment for my son throughout the holiday than the animation team ever did.
The main bar staff however, we found to be abrupt and rude. Because of the lack of entertainment in the evening we often chose instead to play cards or a board game (we took our own) with our son in the foyer. There are some lovely comfy sofas there and, as there were never any vacant outside bar tables and the inside bar was a very smoky affair, we felt that this was a more appropriate environment for our son. For some reason this was not acceptable to the head bar man. Every night it proved a major ordeal to take 2 alcoholic drinks and a coke to our seats in the foyer. The staff refused to serve us if we approached the bar and we were ordered to sit down. Every evening we explained that we didn't wish to sit in the bar as we had a young child and every evening we were subjected to glares and mutterings. Likewise, the idea of taking a drink to our room to sip on our balcony once our son was in bed (9.30pm) was unthinkable! Despite always returning our glasses to the bar after use, on one occasion the head bar man scowled at me and growled "I WANT MY GLASSES BACK!"
Eventually things became so tense that we went into town and bought ourselves a few drinks to keep in the fridge in our room. We found this cheaper and far less stressful.
Kardamena is about a 15 minute walk away from the hotel. If you like shops selling "tat" such as thongs with crude logos and numerous bars all serving egg and chips with various scantily clad young women in drunken states sitting ouside, then this is the place for you. If not, i recommend you steer well clear (apart from to stock up your fridge at the supermarket!).
Kos town is ceratinly worth a visit. We had a lovely day there. A nice harbour with some pleasant beach front cafes and bars and some shops selling better quality items.
Overall , i think this hotel is suited to young adults who have not previously experienced 4 or five star hotels, enjoy lazing by the pool in the day and living it up in town at night. Alternatively older couples who are easily pleased and just want a relaxing time by the pool in the day and a quite drink in the hotel in the evenings would probably be happy here. I would definitely NOT recommend it to young families or those who prefer the finer things in life.

Great Family Hotel.

We're surprised at the negative comments from other reviewers...we loved this hotel! We went as a group, with 3 other families and we all had a great time. The accommodation is very good. Perhaps the rooms aren't "Hilton 5*" but they are very clean, and each has a wonderful view. The staff provide a very friendly service and the food is consistently excellent.
The pool is fantastic, the animation team kept the teenagers happy, and the beach is beautiful, with wonderful clear water. Kardmena is a very lively town, just 20 minutes walk away. Our teenagers loved it there.
We feel that this is a good hotel for families with younger or older children, and we hope to go there again.

Enjoyable and relaxing....

by TripAdvisor Member DIDDLY-35

Again after reading the reviews i was a little dubious to say the least!... only booked a week before we went (we being myself and 16 yr old daughter) ... on arrival to hotel was greeted by very friendly night receptionist Nicolas who was lovely...straight to our rooms in one of the mini buses outside reception....to be honest our room was mid 200 but i really would not have liked to have been right at the top no matter how fantastic the view! .. it enabled me to be able to walk up from the pool or dinner with only minor effort! the rooms were basic but clean...and everyday the poor maid came and tirelessly cleaned up after us...clean towels...beds made...clean bedding alternate days...(my daughter is extremeley untidy !)
The pool was alittle chilly but good for the circulation and i guess in high summer very welcoming.... a hint...the pool restaraunt is self service so dont sit there like i did and wait for the waiter! although have to say was efficently run and very reasonable. Animation team enthusiastic but not too pushy.... and please can the shop get more fridges...at least to purchase cold water..juice..beer...etc..

The main restaraunt was very good...food a little repetative but plenty of choice...very good waiter service with a watchful eye of the restaraunt manager who did not miss a trick !

Overall.... i have stayed in 5* and this is not...but if you want a high standard of cleanliness....service...and great value....i think you will enjoy this hotel..

Other tips... taxis 5 euros..plentiful and reliable... the local town...to be honest ok if you are 17 - 30 but pleasant in the day!

Lovely Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member PMW32

My husand and I have just stayed at this hotel for a week. It was the first week of the season so it was still a bit quiet, but the hotel was getting fuller each day. The hotel is very picturesque and set on a mountain but as there were only about 100 or so people there at the time, our room was not too far up and within walking distance. There is a mini bus to ferry you up and down if your room is too high. The rooms are basic but clean. The cleaners come in every day. The weather was just starting to warm up, but it was hot enough to sunbathe, although the sea and the pool were very cold! The beach was just being set up for the summer. The animation team were great and not too pushy (hi Nino, Marco, Lucy and Vidi - thanks for a great time!) We joined in most of the games as it was all harmless fun! We didn't see the disco as it was opening on the day we left but from the pictures we saw, it was very large. All the hotel staff are very friendly. It is about 15 minutes to walk to Kardamena town but there is a bus every 20 minutes if you need it, or a taxi for 5 euros.
All in all we had a great time and made friends with quite a lot of people of different ages. Feel free to email me with any questions.

Comments