Blue Lagoon Reort

Blue Lagoon Resort
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 102% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Blue Lagoon Reort

jewel in the greek islands( freddie doyle's party)

by TripAdvisor Member fredtheredManchester

just arrived back from the luca blue lagoon after a stay of two weeks.We arrived at night 9.45pm after a painless checking in at the airport and a transfer of about 30 mins. First impressions were that the hotel looked outstanding and when we woke up in the morning it was breathtakingly awesome. The pool is the central focal point of the complex and is ' out of this world ' the hotel area is very modern in style but appeals to all ages. we were among the first visitors to the hotel and everything is brand new but with the utmost quality. The staff at this hotel are an asset to the hotel they give the best service of any hotel i have ever stayed in and i have travelled to Mexico, Cuba, jamaica, Antigua, USA. The management of the hotel is run very professional and were always in attendence day or night and would be prepared to listen to constructive criticism and do something about it. The only problem that we encountered was that the entertainment was not of value to a 5 star hotel which this truly is.We had to go out at night to find entertainment . Our expectations were not met but this was because the venues for the entertainment were not up and running. However the Dance Bar did open and is a fantastic venue, and the a la carte did open after a week but they had trouble reaching the standard expected of the hotel.The spa too did not open until later but the facilities are really comprehensive.There should have been a dedicated entertainment centre but as we left it was still being set up. To sum up if you have booked to go this hotel you will not be dissapointed it has all the qualities you would expect for a 5 star hotel. But the main asset are the staff and management whose dedication to the guests is great. Particular mention should go to Mr. George, Mr. Christos, the operation/hotel manager whose name escapes me - bar staff michiel , Kostas, Dragos, Edvokia, in the dining room - Katerina (a star) , ducia. vladislav, and all. And to Elani S in the childrens pool area (Which is a fantastic place for the kids) she was so friendly and her english was excellent and her knowledge given to us about the area and greek traditions was really informatiive. Once this hotel is fully up and running it will be the best on Kos island if they get the entertainment right.

AVOID THIS HOTEL LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

by TripAdvisor Member Coonometer

Take my advice guys and avoid this place, even if it is offered at a good price on teletext etc. We stayed end of Sept beginning of October for a week and it cost us near £700 which we thought would be great for a stress busting relaxing 5* All Inclusive deal.

Forget it - when we arrived (Approx 4am in the morning) we were shown to our room which resembled a monk's cell - only a bed and that was it. When we got up in the morning, the name on the side of the hotel is the Blue Sea Beach Hotel 3* (and even 3* is well pushing it for this place). It is obvious this whole place used to be a 3 star and certain areas have had their facilities upgraded to a so called 5*. Anyway, after complaining, we were given keys to a separate area of the hotel which was slightly better i.e. bigger room, TV etc. However altho' there was a fridge in this room, IT IS NOT STOCKED - not even with water. There is no kettle for your own tea and coffee and don't even bother asking for an iron. There is no way on this earth I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I echo the other review about the food. What was supposed to be a relaxing week at an all inclusive hotel turned into a holiday that amounted to self catering for us as we ate out every night after experiencing the food at the hotel one night. That same night I wandered about with my plate in my hand for about 2 or 3 minutes before someone got up from their table to allow us to get a seat.

AVOID PEOPLE IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Not even 5 Star Butlins!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Snorepaw

Arrived at 4Am to be given a club 18-30 room, the german poster's on the wall gave it away, in the 3Star part of the hotel! Complained the next day to be moved to a better room but no were near 5Star! Food was almost the same every night, (We ate out for breakfast, lunch and some evening meals in Kos). All inclusive drinks were very limited and nothing like what is served in the UK, we ended up buying a bottle of Absolut vodka for our room, but we were even refused ice from the bar!?!?!? It was a cheap deal, so was a cheap break, but would never ever go back! Esp to the none existent beach across the road!!!

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member Shapa

Wow, I have been reading bad reviews about a hotel I booked in Tunisia this year and got really scared, but seeing as you people actually didn't like this hotel, I'm sure that one's going to be great.

My bf and I loved this hotel. It was all new and looked very impressive:
- an XL pool, with whirlpool - you can swim as much as you like
- lovely, clean rooms with TV, balconies, a lovely, bright bathroom
- the restaurant has a superb location - over the pool
- amazing reception with "waterfalls" and fish tanks

The food was just good enough and believe me, I'm very spoiled when it comes to food, being very concious about healthy eating and coming from a country where food is known to be very good. Surely the selection of dishes isn't the biggest you'll see, but it is Greece and you have to bear that in mind.

The only downside was the deserted beach. With a little effort it could make a lovely one though - I hope they'll work on that,

Buses drive to Kos all the time and it takes just a few minutes to get there, which is good as the hotel is in the middle of nowhere.

All inclusive: soft drinks which you get yourself, which I really liked as I didn't have to bother with the waiters. Alcohol: we only had Ouzo as we were in Greece and decided to drink their typical drinks. Food: sandwiches and some pastry - not all that much, but it works just fine.

We had an amazing time and got more than we expected for our money, being two students on a budget in the middle of the summer.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member Claire252

I can only guess that the previous reviews of this hotel are from before it was taken over and extended...this place is amazing and quite simply the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in!!!

Arriving at 5am we were welcomed by some very awake looking receptionists before being driven to our room in a golf buggy!! First impressions of the hotel were just how clean and elegant it all looked!! The reception area was a vast space of marble and tiling while, even at that time of the morning, the landscaping around the grounds was spectacular!!!

We'd booked a room for 3 people and were expecting a sofa bed - we were more than pleasantly surprised to find ourselves in a room with not only 3 very good size beds but more than enough space for another!! Everything felt spacious and had the air of simple luxury about it - dark wood furniture and enough storage for 3 girls worth of holiday clothes!!! As we were on the ground floor we had a terrace which was reasonably large and caught the late afternoon sun perfectly! The bathroom was much larger than expected with a bath and shower combination!!

Waking up the next morning we'd missed breakfast in the restaurant but were very pleased to find out that a continental breakfast was served at the pool bar until midday - as we discovered you can literally eat all the time at this hotel - there's always somewhere serving food!! And the quality of the food is fantastic - we'd taken cash with us after reading reviews, expecting to eat out quite a lot - we needn't have bothered - we ended up eating out only once and this was because we wanted to watch the football in Kos Town - I was also surprised to find that the food at this restaurant didn't live up to that we had eaten in the hotel!! There's a lot of talk on this website about repetitiveness and lack of choice in food - while it may be true that the salad tends to be the same daily (delicious too) everything else changes considerably and the choice is huge!!!! We more often than not found ourselves with mountains of food on our plates because we wanted to try everything!!!!

Moving onto the staff - they are quite simply brilliant!!! From the managers greeting you into every meal at the restaurant, to the bar and waiting staff and the entertainment team everyone is extremely friendly, attentive and hard working!!! Personally I couldn't find fault with any one of them!!!!

I'm a little ashamed to say that we barely ventured out of the hotel grounds - but this just pays tribute to how lovely it is!!! The pool is by far one of the major selling points of the hotel - i've never seen a pool so big anywhere I've previously stayed!! With built in jacuziis and other design features it was a pleasure to lie beside it all day (every day). There is also an a la carte restaurant, numerous bars and a club on site - it's fair to say there's something for everyone here!!!

I think one of the things that struck us most of all was the fact that if we had taken no extra cash with us we could happily have survived within the hotel - it is truly, in every sense of the word, all inclusive!!!

I don't really know what else I can say...stay here it's amazing!!!!!

Part of The Castle of the Ioannite KnightsPart of The Castle of the Ioannite Knights

Hippocrates' Plane Tree, Kos TownHippocrates' Plane Tree, Kos Town