Frosini Hotel

Lambi, 85100, Greece

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 27% less than similarly rated 1.5 star hotels

• First time at Frosini hotel

In september 2013 we visit Kos fourth time and stay at Frosini hotel first time. I can say ony positive things. Friendly personal. Rooms are big enough, clean. Pool is also O.k. Location of hotel is good. Beach is close as several tavernas and market. Nice walk to the center. Once again recommended from me. I and my family will return for sure. Regards to whole personal from Slovenia.
    Igor

More about Kos

view over the coastlineview over the coastline

northen Baths are in really good state.northen Baths are in really good state.

Painted fishing boat at Karnagio Fish TavernPainted fishing boat at Karnagio Fish Tavern

View of hotels overlooking Kos harborView of hotels overlooking Kos harbor

Query re Hotel Krismari, Kardamena

by JayPay

Hi
Has anyone got any info. regarding this hotel and Kardamena in general?
My husband and I love Greece but like a quiet hotel and resort but like to go on some day trips to see the sites. We are in our 60s and like a relaxing holiday. We are thinking of going here in late September.
Thanks for any info. (good or bad).

by chiara76

Kardamena is in my opinion too crowded and too noisy place (look at my travel page about Kos , I mentioned Kardamena there). I recommend you other place called Marmari for example but of course you will choose.

by brazzi

i agree
area around marmari is good,beaches excellent not very wide but miles long,
lots of nice places to eat,

by JayPay

Many thanks to Chiara76 and Brazzi for your replies and suggestions.
I will definitely now look around the area you suggested.

by Tommybigmac

Sorry I can not provide you with any information on this hotel but I can tell you that if you are looking for a quiet and relaxing holiday, stay away from Kardamena. I worked in the Norida Beach hotel and Akti Kalimera Club hotel for a duration of 3 months, so I can really tell you what the area is like. Kardamena is a popular resort for clubbers. The town has many bars and a few clubs which are open all night. To stay in the town centre for a quiet holiday... well... good luck! The Norida Beach is not a 5 star hotel as advertised either! I would give a low 3*. It is terrible and the animation team (what I was working as) work all day, every day, shouting around the pool, the beach and everywhere really so that is not recommended either. So for a quiet hoiday I would not recommend Kardamena. Kos town is very nice, as is Kefalos. But I am afraid I cannot provide oyu with any hotel information. Hope I have helped, Tom.

by ben147

Hi there
well things are not that bad at all! Krismari is a very good hotel located on a quiet area and September is by far the best time to visit Kardamena. The weather is just right and the 17-18 year old ones have gone back. You will have plenty of choices if you're looking for quite relaxing atmosphere. You can find information about Kardamena on Kardamena's home page: http://www.kardamena-kos.com

by pinny

Been going to Kardamena for 20 years. just turned 60 and we love it. Krismari is a nice place, run by greek peaople who look after you. We dont stay there but my brother in law and his family stopped there last year and really enjoyed it. Spoke to other people who have also enjoyed the hotel. Krismari is in the quieter part about 50 mtrs from a nice beach that doesnt get to crowded as late. End of September/October is very nice. We stop at the Athenio bar on the sea front. Worth a visit for a drink. The people who own it are great. Worth a visit is Dino the jeweller, Chrisopolous Gold. Another nice bloke. could sell a blind man a pair of glasses. Get it booked you will enjoy it.

Travel Tips for Kos

Thermae

by zizkov

And if you keep going from Agios Fokas, you get to Thermae. This is a where a sea pool has been made, into which a hot spring flows, and is really worth a visit. Some people dipped in for about ten minutes, but I spent around 90 minutes there.

I cycled from my hotel, about 4 miles/6 km (so double that from Kos Town). It is a good road, but uphill most of the way. The parking area, with drinks stalls is above Thermae, and there is a gravel track down (another 5 minutes walk) You could take a car down, there is some parking, but really better to park at the top. There is also a bus from Kos Town - not all go as far as Thermae.

When I arrived, a dreadlocked guy (probably Dutch) wandered over. "Hey man, no need to lock your bike, no-one steals them here". He was a very low key tout for the right-hand drinks stall, where I got a cold drink ( I certainly need it), as he gave me some advice.

This was, when you go into the pool, go in at the very left, and go to the back, then gradually move to the hotter area. The temperature anywhere in the pool is warmer than the sea, but varies quite a bit within the pool. The hottest is where the spring comes out of a rock fissure, at the far right shore-side. The temperature here is about 50C and you can sit in the fissure and broil (for about ten seconds). If you just wade into the hot bit first, everywhere else will seem cold.

Despite how the pic looks, it was a hot, sunny afternoon, and I don't know where all the people went when I took it!

The agora

by Djinn76

As if you were in a park, you can walk freely through the remaining of the antic agora.
It would be great to get some kind of explanations about what were the different building but eh, it was free, I guess we shouldn't ask to much and better buy a guidebook instead ;-)

Walking the Walls

by sandysmith

The castle has two main areas or precints (plus the outer walls that we walked around to enter Kos)ones. The interior area has four circular Towers in the corners; the southeastern Tower forms part of the exterior precinct, which is larger than the first, each with massive bastions on the four corners, battlements and gunports. These bastions are worth climbing up to for the views over town. The two precincts are separated by a large moat and connect via a drawbridge. Its a great castle to explore really, relatively unspoilt by tourisms.

Tingaki, Kos

by punchy_b

"Yet another Greek adventure!"

Well, we've just returned from another holiday from our favourite destination - Greece.

I've always found the both the people and the place to be the most welcoming in Europe, and this holiday was no exception.

We'd booked through Co-op Travelcare and managed to haggle the online Kosmar price down to about £1250 for the 5 of us for two weeks self catering.

Tingaki (or Tigaki, depending who you speak to) is a coastal resort 12km away from the capital, Kos Town. It's considered to be the best beach on the island, and there are plenty of the usual tavernas, bars, restaurants and supermarkets to keep everybody happy.

One gripe was that there wasn't enough for kids to do in the actual resort, although there is a waterpark in Psalidi, but my three were happy enough just playing around the pool.

Anyway, click on my tips for further info and photos!

Comments