Hotel Ekaterini

More about Kos

KefalosKefalos

pommegranite treepommegranite tree

Mummy's Cooking, Kos TownMummy's Cooking, Kos Town

Roman public baths.Roman public baths.

KOS TOWN

by IKARUS510

hello can some 1 tell me more about kos town as im thinking of visiting next year, also other places on the island of intrest i like historical sights also some nightlife cheers.

Re: KOS TOWN

by Sjalen

Kos certainly has nightlife. Too many Swedish teenagers for a "grown up" Swede :-))) But I still enjoyed it years and years ago. Kos town has an old knights fortress to see and of course Hippocrate's antique hospital - the first in the world!

Having said that, I preferred the other side of the island with more quiet beaches and so on (around Kardamena). We also went to a nice (but touristy - the island is so small) village up in the mountains. I think it was called Sia or something similar...

Re: Re: KOS TOWN

by hairymary

Kos town is amazing, so much fun..but maybe not for anyone over 30. It has a long stretch of bars on Bar Street which is not trashy although it is filled with a lot of younger drunk Scandinavians. It is a party town with long night and some amazing beaches away from the town namely Tingaki. I am not really that familiar with the historical aspects of it though there are ancient ruin sights which attract a lot of tourists...Rhodes the neighbouring island would perhaps be better for historical sights

Re: Re: KOS TOWN

by IKARUS510

I BLND IN WITH THE UNDER 30 S AS I LOOK YOUNG LOL.
SOUNDS A GOOD PLACE .

Travel Tips for Kos

Lookout Point

by steventilly

Further on, at Agias Fokas, there's a Greek lookout post on a promentory. The rock is painted with the Greek flag, just in case you're in doubt as to where you are. On our trip to Bodrun we noticed a rocky lookout point there, painted this time in the Turkish flag. I expect they just sit there all day, looking across at each other.
By the time you get here, to Agias Fokas, the number of people you see has really dwindled. There are some small, islolated little beaches down below the road and there are a few people on some of them. At Agias Fokas itself there's a small "resort" - some apartments, a hotel, a taverna or two. It must be a strange place to stay.

Local bus to Kefalos

by alectrevor

Local bus from Kos town bus station to Kefalos fare3.60 euro each way. 55 minutes ride. Kefalos is a village at the other end of Kos Island on a hillside. STUDY THE TIMETABLES AT BUS STATION HAS THEY DO NOT RUN EQUALY SPREAD OUT, there might be two close together then a long gap., this applies to all bus services on Kos island.

Chapel

by steventilly

A small chapel stands on the road that leads down from the Agora area towards the seafront near the tourist information office (sorry, these are very vague directions). It looks kind of "small and cute" from outside but the inside is a wonder to behold. Decorated in much the same style as many a larger Greek church, it is a wonderous display of colour inside.

'Cos Kos Is Best

by RPW

"Kos - Kardemena Resort"

I went to Kos as a last minute holiday and had the time of my life, just like the song !
At the time I had a partner and we had sort of decided rather hurriedly to get something booked, neither of us had been to any of the Greek Islands and we had a few options, but having spoken to work colleagues we decided on Kos. Before leaving some people had said that Kos Town was the place to be, others said Kardemena - as first timers we were at the Islands mercy. I remember coming off the plane and thinking it's a bit desolute, and then getting driven to resorts and thinking "this is the pits" and "I hope this aint our apartment" but anyway we eventually came to ours and although it didnt look much ( initially) we found out after a couple of hours, that we were almost on the edge of the main drag in Kardemena ! It was a memorable time for lots of reasons and one I will always remember.

Comments