P.O. Box 206, Psalidi, Psalidi, 85300, Greece

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 81% more and rated 16% lower than other 4 star hotels

• Pretty bad experience

This place felt like the hotel equivalent of a budget airline. Except that it was not cheap. At every opportunity they try to extract money from you for things that are free in much cheaper places. Internet was TEN EUROS PER DAY. For real. And then it only worked intermittantly. They give you tea bags in your room, but if you want milk you need to pay for it. If you are not on the all-inclusive plan you can expect to pay 4 Euros for terrible coffee, 22 Euros for terrible dinner. You shouldn't bother. Also, the hot water temperature varied from pretty cold to slightly more than lukewarm. Most of the staff were incredibly unhelpful, although there were a few that were really good. Cleaning was bad, one time they left the rubbish from my bathroom (including used toilet paper) just sitting on the desk next to my bed. They didn't replace things as they were used up. I did like the soap that was provided, and the body lotion, the beds were ok, but apart from that there weren't many pluses. The food also varied from mediocre to terrible.

• zizkov's Profile Photo

Village by the sea

Kipriotis Village is one of several Kypriotis properties in the area and is, well, a large holiday village, but a pretty upmarket one. 647 rooms in a variety of styles, from villas and hotel rooms to apartments, with a few rooms in the main building (possibly the disability adapted rooms). I had a good sized room containing a double and a single bed, fridge (not just minibar), writing desk, proper chairs, and a good bathroom (with a clothes drying line). I also had a good sized balcony, which not all had. The otherwise laudable aim of varying the buildings (and it does work to give it a villagey feel) meant that some people had balconies the size of a room, whilst others had pokey balconies that possibly never caught the sun.

Available on packages (I went with Thomas Cook) or bookable direct, with board SC, BB, HB, or AI. Wildly multinational, with British, German, Dutch, Belgian, Italian, Swiss, all Nordic, Czech, and probably a few more nationalities.

Catering facilties on site include main buffet restaurant (with a spare one for high season), bistro, cafe-diner, plush lobby bar, pool and beach bars, dull nightclub (mainly for watering the AIs), fair supermarket, and general shop with tourist stuff, clothes, newspapers, gifts. Also houses the Swedish Consulate. (No, really - I know that sounds strange, but it does!)

Unique Quality: Wide range of organised activities, including sports, on site. As well as a 45m curved main pool, and a large childrens pool, a genuine Olympic size pool. This apparently was recently used pre Olympics by the UK and Canadian swim squads, and whilst I was there, the Canadian Paralympic swim team were there.

Multisports courts, tennis courts, watersports, kids club. Small gym and sauna (sauna!, in that heat?) at extra charge. Though I did play football under the blazing sun. (Remember, hydration is very important during exercise! I wish I had remembered),

Day and evening entertainments, though the typical holiday camp style evening entertainment was my one black mark, and being held ouside by the pool, heard everywhere. Still. plenty of places nearby (or Kos Town itself) to avoid it.

Directions: About 3km east of Kos Town harbour (4km walk) in Psalidi area. Between main road and beach road. Frequent and reasonably priced buses right outside hotel. Cycle path or access rd almost all the way into town. Choice of bars, tavernas, supermarkets nearby.

More about Kipriotis Village

Agios Fokas

by zizkov

More along the off-beaten path, on the way to Thermae. Stop here on route to enjoy the view. Most town buses end here, but some continue to Thermae. About 4 km from the Kipriotis, past the last hotels, the road curving around to the northwest coast.

Loved

We went to kipriotis village in kos on a last minute deal, we really enjoyed it, the food was very good the staff were very friendly and the hotel was really clean, excellent holiday and cant wait to return.

best holiday were been on

After just returning from kos i can definatly understand why people have wrote on here to show how angry they are that people could put such bad reports of kipriotis village. I myself have travelled to may different places including mexico and the far east and I can honestly say that this holiday was probably the best that i have ever been on. I found the staff very helpful, the food was exellent and as for the hotel itself I feel thst it could not have been better. I will definatly be returning next year and I would advise any one weather they are a younfg couple like ourselfs or a familly that this is definatly a good place to go which is also well worth the money!

Don't Always Believe What You Read

Whatever other people have written here is absolute bollocks and just a reason to moan/pick at something that isn't there.
Everyone knows that Greeces' 4 star isn't necessarily so and the Kipriotis Village rooms are absolutely fine, clean maybe the bathrooms could have been slightly updated but is fine (and believe me, I am fussy).
The village layout is superb/the pools (all of them) are superb to and the food has selection upon selection. The all inclusive package is fine - yes you can only get drinks from one bar but just get a tray and take them to the part of the hotel you want to go to.. whats the big deal?!
You do have to take care of course, i.e. put your belongings in a safe (for 1 euro a day) or hide them in a pocket or something...
All in all a gorgeous holiday and lovely hotel - give it a chance before you believe everything written here.

Far better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member Canarybird24

Far from all the bad reviews that I have read, we found the hotel to be excellent. We were booked to go to the Blue Sea Hotel but on arrival told that the hotel was fully booked, We would be upgraded to the Kipriotis Village.
After reading the reviews prior to my holiday, I was not amused.
On arrival, I was impressed by the beautiful grounds, and a very pleasant room, all clean and well maintained.
I found all staff to be very polite, helpful and knowledgable.
We were on an All Inclusive basis, and were in the minority. Therefore the food was aimed at the paying guests. There was variety each day, and the standard was impressive. It was always hot, and the vegetarian selection was very good, even though I am a meat eater, I tended to eat alot of the vegetarian dishes because of the flavours and originality that they produced.
I agree that the All Inclusive bar in the evening was away from the entertainment, but it could be collected and drank anywhere you wished, or in the bar itself which was spacious and airy, with patio area. During the day, the drink was provided by the pool bar, and snacks etc were close by.
The grounds are stunning, pools clean, plenty of sunbeds etc and an animation team they can be proud of.
Childrens facilities were good, with lots of activities etc. Playground, and their own slide in the childrens pool.
I did not actually witness, at any time, people complaining, of any nationaility, in fact the representatives rarely seem to have visitors.
I was sceptical on arrival, but I would choose to go back.
WE THOROUGHLY ENJOYED OUR HOLIDAY, AND WILL CHOOSE MED HOTELS AS OUR FIRST PORT OF CALL IN THE FUTURE, EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY.

this is hotel is amazing

what are you all complaining about, we arrived back from this hotel this morning (19th august 2004) we booked this holiday through last minute--- after just getting married and thinking we wouldnt be able to have a honeymoon due to the cost of our wedding, fortunately we could so we booked 6 days before we flew when we arrived we were obviously worried after reading the reveiws but were amazed to find the hotel was beautiful it was as they say a village not a high rise paper walled monstrosity that you usually find we have a twelve month old baby and it was ideal for her all on the flat and everything to hand they made us really welcome and even put champagne etc in our room. mealtimes were a bit of a nightmare to start with as you struggled to get a table but they sorted this by having two sittings so the waiters could clear the tables they really do try to please everybody which for a hotel of this capacity must be hard and the food was lovely and plenty to choose from. i have been all inclusive all over europe and beyond and this is by far the best. i feel sorry for the people who have complained as they obviously like to moan about the very slightest thing so should stay at home and do it. we loved the kipriotis and will be going back next year and thereafter

poor standard

The hotel management are not interested in dealing with any complaints and simply refer you to your representative. the standard is poor and the attitude of the management generally is uncaring. The representatives had queues of people complaining and several people have sued for a full refund.

loved the hotel

I was really worried about going on this holiday after reading all the bad reports - we went all inclusive for 1/52 - just got back today - food excellant - staff really friendly- service excellant - rooms very clean and to a high standard - the only fault was the beach - more like pebbles - would definatley go back - and good value for money

What A wicked holiday!!

we just arrived back,on the 19th August 2004. it was just me and my mom and we were a little aprehensive about what it was goin g to be like,like everyone really. But what a great suprise we had,it was brilliant...although..

.even though theres about 500 sunbeds-GET UP EARLY TO GET ONE!
.you can only get ur drinks from a bar thats quite a walk away-if your all inclusive
.you have to pay for the sunbeds on the beach.
.the entertainment for the first 4days was bingo every night and then it started getting better-great for kiddies though!
.staff not that helpful!

but all in all things wernt too bad-apart from the food which i would give 2/10-im a fussy eater but the smell of fish put me off before i even looked at the food,so i cant give a fair opinion on that, but the tourists are really friendly and we had a great time and felt very safe! the pools are brilliant too!! book it up!! u wont regret it!

Comments