Kris Mari Hotel

Kardamena, 85302, Greece

More about Kos

pathway in the gardenpathway in the garden

This tree was planted by hypocrates(?)This tree was planted by hypocrates(?)

Karnagio Fish Tavern, KosKarnagio Fish Tavern, Kos

Boat in Kos HarborBoat in Kos Harbor

Who's coming to kos next year in july?

by Finchen

Hi
next year I'm going to kos town from july 12th for three or four weeks.
i have already been to kos for 12 times and i simply love it.
i like to stay in the sun all day long, then go out for dinner and later go out in the barstreet and enjoy myself!!!!!! :-)))
if theres anybody who likes to do the same things like me please write to me!
we can meet up next year and have a party together!

p.s. im a 24 year old girl from germany!!!

by ArankaS

Hii!! i'm coming to kos town too =D! From the 9th of july and i stay there for just two weeks.. that sucks.. i wanna be longer on kos .. i love it!
i'm a olmost 15 year old girl from Holland!

RE: RE: Who's coming to kos next year in july?

by Daveash

I'll be there, Me & a friend for the first time, cant wait. I booked yesterday, we fly on the 21st June, unfortunitly that doesnt match your dates, sorry, would have been nice to meet up for a laugh. Hope you have a good time, both of you!

I'm from liverpool, england

RE: RE: Who's coming to kos next year in july?

by Daveash

I'm from liverpool, england

28!!

by andredo

Hi there!
Wow, 12 times in Kos?? :) I was just last year and definetely going back this year! I will be in Kos from the end of july for 2 weeks.
Really love to stay all day in the sun too, going to dinner late and then party until morning!!
I'm 28 from Italy (but I drink and speak fluent english!) :)

by AustraliaMelbourne

Hi there,

I will be there late July for 3 weeks. You sound like you like to party - My kinda girl. Your itenerary sounds similay to mine .. Sun, eat, drink & party !

If you have been to Kos 12 times, I can certainly learn a thing or two from you ;) I would also like to travel to other islands like Rhodes and Patmos. You may be able to help me.

Cheers

Travel Tips for Kos

Nice Beaches

by steventilly

The beaches at Kos Town, such as they are, are not very good. Better beaches are found in both directions along the coast from the town at Lambi and Psaladi. The ones on the road to Psaladi, past the new Kos Marina are quite pleasant, close to a fair few tavernas, and offer great value for money too. The one we frequented did two sunbeds, one upright chair, an umbrella, a table and two bottles of mineral water for 5 euro! These beaches are within easy reach if you've hired a bike and they have proper bike parking racks too.

Dolphin Fountain

by grayfo

This dolphin fountain, a local landmark is at the centre of what is referred to as "Dolphin Square". Although it's not a square but a traffic roundabout, it is a focal point of the harbour area.

June 1999

Plane Tree

by steventilly

One of the great "must sees" of Kos Town is "Hippocrates Plane Tree". There can be no doubt that Hippocrates did not teach under nor indeed plant this tree, as it is nowhere near old enough for either of these legends to be true. It is about 700 years old and is possibly descended from (if trees can have descendants) and on the site of a tree under which Hippocrates taught.
It's an impressive sight nonetheless - the trunk of the tree has split into three parts with a considerable gap between the three segments, and yet it lives on. It is supported by some quite ungainly looking scaffolding, and the tree almost engulfs the old well of the nearby Loggia Mosque. If you're a German tourist you can ignore the "keep out" signs and go and clamber inside the tree, all in the name of a better photo. :-S

Kos Town

by sandysmith

A visit to Kos came as a welcome, unplanned, surprise on our visit to the Dodecanese Islands in May 2005. We were based on Rhodes and took advantage of a day trip here instead on some of the smaller islands which didn't fit in with our schedule.
My impressions were of a greener city than Rhodes and much more of a turkisk feel to it - no surprise really as the Turkisk coastline is only a few miles away and is clearly visible. There was much to see with the many archaelogical ruins and the castle of the Knights of St John right in the centre and the harbour front to enjoy. About 5 hours for our day trip here - long enough for a first visit but I'm sure there is much we didn't see too. It sounds like the rest of the island is well worth exploring too.

A visit to the castle in the centre of town is a must if only for the views from the walls.

Other ancient ruins abound around the town.

Comments