Lydia Hotel Apartment

Costs 93% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Kos

Beautiful HarbourBeautiful Harbour

Atop the castle walls, Kos TownAtop the castle walls, Kos Town

Pork ribs with honey and chilliPork ribs with honey and chilli

Tigaki Beach, KosTigaki Beach, Kos

winter time

by lauerk

hi, just wondering to ferry boats travel in the winter between kos & Bodrum?
i will be very grateful if some one can reply back with the answer. thanks!!!!

Re: winter time

by Ouzone

Approx 2 times a week although it would be wise to check with a Kos travel agent when you are there. They will only go with a fair number of passengers. Failing that there are plenty of ferries to Rhodes, and then to Marmaris, same things apply there as well.

Re: winter time

by morgan2905

I was surprised at the one reply you received. I know there is a daily ferry over to Bodrum in the afternoon during the winter - it's the return sailing of the 09.30 from Bodrum and it leaves at ?? 15.30 or 16.00. I have to come to Kos, and then go on to Bodrum, next month on business. I will arrive in Kos town about 21-00 in the evening and cannot really afford to be hanging around all day. I am still trying to clarify the situation regarding any early morning sailings and will be ringing the tourist office tomorrow morning to enquire about rooms and ferry times. If you have any more up to date info please don't hesitate to let me know - otherwise I will update you once I have spoken with the T.O.

Travel Tips for Kos

TOUR THE ISLAND

by LysDor

This is a general view of Kos and the harbour from the road leading to Asclepion.

The villages of Kos are accessed through the main road of the island. The nearer ones can be reached by bicycle while the farther ones by motorcycle or car:

* Pyli (5 KM)

* Antimachia (25 KM)

* Kardamena (26 KM)

* Kefalos (45 KM)

But there are other marvelous and often quiet places as well as fantastic beaches - all over the island, some of them accessible by bicycle - a means of transport much used in Kos.

Waterside Taverna

by steventilly

I have no idea what this place is called, I don't think it even said so on the menu board. See below for how to find it.
The taverna is right on the beach at Psaladi with a lot of tables out the back, some under a canopy to keep off the sun and some right out in the open, whichever is to your liking. The usual for us, mezze dishes which on this occasion incuded Giant Beans. The food was really lovely and the setting by the beach was very pleasant. Out to sea in the mid distance we were entertained by a Greek warship buzzing to-and-fro around some sort of civillian craft. I don't think this sort of entertainment is laid on every day though, we just hit lucky.

Walk the Old Town

by balhannah

KOS............ Was originally founded in 366 BC. The Town you visit now is in the same place as the original one.
Walking was a very pleasant, cheap way to see Kos. There are lots of delightful shops and Cafes, as well as ruins to see. I also visited Eleftherias Square, a Market, Defterdar Mosque, saw Churches, interesting Buildings and beautiful Flowers. Its in a fairly compact area, and when you are tired, stop and rest on a seat overlooking the Harbour!

A BEAUTIFUL GREEK ISLAND

by balhannah

"I wish I had more time to enjoy..................."

KOS..............I really liked what I saw and did on this Island.

If I knew there were so many interesting sights, I would have spent two full days here, and not just the one day by Ferry from Bodrum.

Kos is a Greek Island located in the beautiful Agean Sea. The Capital, is the town of Kos.

It is the 3rd largest of the Dodecanese islands, after Rhodes and Karpathos, and its population is about 30,000 people.

During the Summer months, more than 1million people visit the Island.
Our Tourist guide told us that the Island people depend nearly entirely on Tourism for their survival.

Agriculture, farming and fishing are their other means of support.
In the Winter months, most of the Resorts & Accommodation, also Tourist places close.

Kos town has a pretty harbour and lots of open spaces with Palm trees and pretty Bouganvilleas, which just happened to be in flower when I was there.

There are loads of outdoor Cafes and Restaurants in beautiful positions, just nice to laze away the day.
Beaches as well!

There are plenty of shops, though some were closed when I was there, perhaps off season.

Pretty little Churches dot the countryside. How I wish I had the time to explore more!

There are also Ancient sites to visit here, The Ancient Agora in the Port Area......................

The Ancient Gymnasium, full of Roman streets, thermal baths & mosaics..............

The Odeon..................

The Asklepion, a Temple of Worship..................

The Plane Tree of Hippocrates......................

the Museum, and more sights as you wander around this delightful Town.

Oh! I nearly forgot, there is a Castle here as well, as well as other pretty villages to visit.

Comments