Kardamena, Kos, 85302, Greece

Satisfaction Average

Costs 182% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Kos

Asklepieion  ruinsAsklepieion ruins

View from Castle of the Knights of St JohnView from Castle of the Knights of St John

Flying Dolphin hydrofoil at Kos TownFlying Dolphin hydrofoil at Kos Town

Tavernas By The Sea, KosTavernas By The Sea, Kos

weddings on kos

by hazann

my daughter is going to kos to get married she is looking for somewhere to hold a reception after the cermony in kos town hall, ,for 25 to 30 people. her requests are good food pleasant staff and anice view . thankyou

by kos-island

hello from Kos island. Actually the ceremony will take place in the morning.I have dealt with a couple of groups due to my proffession and i had organised dining at a new place called "Lofaki". i will give you an idea of how is this place. It is based on a hill about 7minutes drive with view to the whole Kos town, seaview and views to Turkey and Pserimos. Stylish environment, good food. I had in both times requested a menu according to the needs of the people and they cooped in a nice way so the people were happy. If you need help in contacting the people, let me know. In case you wish to stick in Kos town, then i can think of a couple of places but not with as nice view as the Lofaki..:)Kostas

by hazann

hi there, my mum posted this add and the info you have given us sounded exactly what we are looking for. I wondered if you have any photographs of the restaurant and ideas of food, also is there a specific day the weddings take place as we were told a saturday or monday late afternoon.

Many thanks for all your help,

eilidh shelton

by kos-island

Hello from Kos island. Have you come in contact with anyone here in Kos island who will help you wit all the paperwork, have contact with Kos Municipality and so on? I have got married in the Town Hall but i did not know that there is a specific day that they hold them. Sounds reasonable though. I most of the times look at married couples at around noon time. About pictures of the Lofaki.I have spoken to the owners and they said that they prepare now something and will provide me soon. But i can ask them to give me sooner.:)Kostas

by shirleymorgan

Hi
I hope you can help me. I am coming to Kos Bay Veiw Hotel on 26th July 09, with my husband, 2 kids and my cousin and her family. We would like to renew or wedding vows in eiter Kos or a surronding Island but are experincing great difficulty in finding any information about how to arrange this or if it is even possible.Any information would be apprechated. Thank You Shirley Morgan

by MrsRA

I know a lady in kefalos who could help you, she is a wedding planner there? but Im sure she would travel to Kos to help you. She is planning my Mums wedding the summer and does vow renewals too.

Travel Tips for Kos

ASKLEPIOS Plan

by LysDor

On the first level are the remains of a small temple and a fountain.

In the center of the second level there are remains of the altar of Asklepios and those of a temple to Asklepios in the lonic order.

Dutch cafe in Kos Town

by SWFC_Fan about Holland Snack Corner

Holland Snack Corner is one of a number of bars and cafes that line bustling Bar Street in the heart of Kos Town.

This friendly little cafe is located next to the ancient agora and just a 2 minute walk from Hippocrates' Plane Tree and Kos Castle.

For some reason (presumably a lot of Dutch tourists visit Kos for their holidays!) there are quite a few Dutch bars and cafes in Kos Town.........you'll recognise them from their orange signs and decorations.

I first ate here during my visit to Kos in May 2002.....and returned for another snack one morning during my next visit in May 2006. I'm pretty sure I ordered exactly the same this time as I had done 4 years earlier!

The cafe has a handful of tables outdoors in the sunshine....and it's a lovely place to sit and have a drink and a snack while watching the world go by! If you've had enough of the sun, choose a table with an umbrella and enjoy your lunch in the shade!

The menu includes a number of breakfast and lunch items......sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, omelettes, eggs and bacon, cakes and ice creams.

The drinks menu includes soft drinks, bottled and draught beers, hot beverages, milkshakes and various alcoholic options. I opted for:

Toast Hawaii - Cost: 3.30 Euros

2 slices of toast with ham and melted cheese inside and topped with more melted cheese and a couple of pineapple rings.

Pineapple juice - Cost: 2 Euros

A glass of cold pineapple juice. It tasted like it had been poured from a carton (and it probably had), but it was refreshing all the same!

A great place for a relaxed drink and a lunchtime snack in Kos Town. Highly recommended!

Tree Trunk

by sandysmith

The fence makes it difficult to get a pic but try and peer through to see its trunk. The perimeter of its trunk is almost twelve metres - rumoured to be the largest in Europe. In the the shade of this plane tree Hippocrates is supposed to have taught medicine to his students and acording to tradition the apostle Paul taught here too.

Roman Streets

by steventilly

There are some pretty impressive remains of Roman streets in the Western Excavations, so you can get a pretty good impression of the layout of the area in those days. In the distance in this view is the bath-house is on the left and the nyphomium on the right. I had no idea what a nyphomium was, but found out later that it was the public toilet. Well, it was quite a grand building. I think toilets in Greece must have gone downhill a lot since those days.

Comments