4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Rodou-Falirakiou, Kalithea 85100, Greece
Expedia.com Travelocity Otel.com

Costs 67% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Rhodes (Island)

Goats crossing!Goats crossing!

View of the Fort and WindmillsView of the Fort and Windmills

SymiSymi

AquariumAquarium

First timer to Rhodes

Hi

Hubby & I are thinking of booking a week AI in Rhodes at the beginning of May.

Firstly would love to hear what the weather will be like. Can we guarantee sun-bathing weather as we want a weak to completely chill-out, lie by a pool, eat drink and do nothing more!

Secondly, we have seen a very good deal with First Choice for the new Holiday Village Rhodes. Unfortunately however I cannot find any real photos of the place only artist's impressions. It seems that if we book for the 8th May we will be the first guests here at the new build hotel. Am a little worried it may not be finished.

Would be grateful for any comments any of you in the know have. Thanks

by xymmot

Weather in May is generally getting warmer and you may need a jacket at night. When I travel any where I always bring a jacket or sweater for the just incase. (who knows where the air-condition switch may be on public transport?)In Greece there are mostly blues skies at that time of the year though, but if you want me to guarentee the weather, I am not God. lol There are a lot of hotels in Rhodes and it is early season so you should be able to get a good deal. If you are worry that the hotel will not be finish, go for the real thing that is and pick another one. I do not have a favorite on that island, so you would be on your own, but as I said there should be plenty early in the season.

by kook01

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know of any other 4 or 5 star hotels with room such as the swim-up ones that the new Holiday Village is said to have?

Do you get much rain in Rhodes in May? We went to Corfu in October as we were told that the weather should be good but we were unlucky and it was a very wet week (coldish too!)

Once again thanks for your reply .... much appreciated

by intertraveler

Hi,
I have been at the begining of may it was warm enough to swim in the sea and at night also was warm I came back with a good suntan.

I am going to Zante at the begining of may a nice time to travel.

by kook01

Thanks for your replies. Have now booked our holiday - we're off to Zante at the beginning of May too.

Travel Tips for Rhodes (Island)

How to get your portrait waiting for moussaka ?

by VikingHarald

What can happened while sitting in street restaurant in Mandraki harbour of Rhodes of Greece? MANDRAKI HARBOUR GREECE MAY 2007
I was sitting in small street kitchen in Rhodes Mandraki harbour and waiting for my dinner excellent Greece speciality of Moussaka . I tasted my starter garlic bread, beer and ouzo with water.

Something happened front of me.

Front table´s lady came to my table and show what another man had done from me.
Portrait to tables´cloth.
The lady was from LINDA´S SAILING ADVENTURES and much younger than me, with her teams.
The artist was British born man and nowadays retirement and lived the last eight years in Greece.
I got this portrait and I´ll put later this to my Finnish saunas honourable place in Finland.
If the artist will come to Finland he has my personal (payed immediately with one cup of red wine in this street restaurant to the artist) VIP invite to come and spend real Finnish sauna time with me.

Notice
I put this pics(portrait) to my flickr´s pages and my wife who was temporary visit in Tokyo to grandchild's look it and all said; "yes...the same man."

ButterFly vally

by eladr

The Valley of the Butterflies is worth a visit and though their numbers are declining due to the impact of tourism on their habitat, they are still impressive.

The Valley oh the Butterflies of Rhodos located 20 km from the airport of Rhodes, and is near by the Village Kalamonas.

This is a lush green Valley ,with a small river running through it. The site is Beautifully arranged, with little wooden Bridges ,stone steps,and an uphill path which leads to the Monastery of the Virgin of Kalopetra

At the entrance of the Valley ,there is a small souvenir shop .The Valley of the Butterflies is a unique natural Park, where each Year from June to September ,thousands of moulti- colored butterflies appear.

The Park is a nice place to walk ,under the shade of the trees. The characteristic scent of the pine resin, which attracts the butterflies ,the coolness from the abundantly flowing waters ,make this a small paradise even during the hot days of the summer .

GMT-Time

by Balam

In Greece you much live with the GMT-time, and in this case GMT is an abbreviation for "Greek Maybe Time". The Greek people have a very different attitude to time. When the bus is scheduled to come 10.30, it will come between 10 and 11, depending on the traffic, how many people the driver had met and felt he should talk with, and many other small things. Or a local might tell you that the bus will arrive AFTER 4 p.m.! Then he hasn't promised too much. The Greek people don't live by the clock. The Greeks also have a different opinion about when it's morning, afternoon and evening. You say Good Morning until 12. If you have agreed to meet in the 'afternoon', the earliest meant by this will be 6.00 p.m.! In Greece, the evening meal begins no earlier than 9.00 p.m. Also no one will think anything of it if you telephone at 10.00 p.m. in the evening. However, 'siesta' time, between 3.00 p.m. and 5 p.m. is held as sacred. During the siesta, though, it is very unpopular to disturb someone

Plimri Beach

by sandysmith

Possibly one of the remotest beaches on Rhodes and the time we were there (about 10.00am) the most deserted! The lack of development probably kep the tourists away ..but that can be a plus. A small taverna a fishing quay arejust above the long curved bay with its soft sand and shingle beach

Rent a car

by Maggies

The best way for travelling around the island is renting a car. You can bergain a bit as there are rent a car agencies everywhere.
We rented Hyundai Getz which was 45 Euro a day, if you were taking it for at least 3 days. Make sure you check if there is full insurance on the car before you choose one.
To get from Ixia to Rodos City you can either take a bus or a taxi. The bus goes every 30 minutes and the ticket costs 1.20 Euro. The taxi ride costs 6 Eur. There is a taxi-rank and a board with the fares for all the connections on the island next to Marine gate in Rodos City.

Comments